Interesting Irish Pre-Match Motivation | Vital Football

Interesting Irish Pre-Match Motivation

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40085732.html#
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...phen-kenny-faces-fai-probe-anti-english-video

A bit more detail in this one

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...clips-Great-Famine-Easter-Rising.html#comment

In the current climate, or any time for that matter, you do wonder what goes through some people's minds.

Do professional footballers really need this sort of material to motivate them. It's akin to Southgate playing footage of the German's bombing London or the D Day landings interspersed with footage of the 1-5 in 2001, before our next game versus them.

It's just plain silly and unprofessional.

I'm by no means a sensitive soul, but this really is irresponsible madness. Forget its lack of sporting context. With our irresponsible fools in Westminster taking actions that threaten the border, I'd imagine there will still be a small minority Irish folk only too happy to jump on this to stir up bother, should they feel that way inclined.
I like a stroll down O' Connell street and a pint of the black stuff in a friendly little pub. Not saying this will cause massive problems, because it almost certainly won't, but it's the kind of thing that could in the wrong heads.

What an absolutely bizarre thing to do. They're going out to play a game of football for goodness' sake, not going off to war. If you have to resort to this to motivate your players, I suggest booking yourself onto a motivational speaking course pronto.

What an absolutely bizarre thing to do. They're going out to play a game of football for goodness' sake, not going off to war. If you have to resort to this to motivate your players, I suggest booking yourself onto a motivational speaking course pronto.
Where's his motivation to do that? 🤣

I'm by no means a sensitive soul, but this really is irresponsible madness. Forget its lack of sporting context. With our irresponsible fools in Westminster taking actions that threaten the border, I'd imagine there will still be a small minority Irish folk only too happy to jump on this to stir up bother, should they feel that way inclined.
I like a stroll down O' Connell street and a pint of the black stuff in a friendly little pub. Not saying this will cause massive problems, because it almost certainly won't, but it's the kind of thing that could in the wrong heads.

This coincided with a major anniversary in recent Irish history, Bloody Sunday (not that one), which makes his actions even more irresponsible. As you say, we’re living in dangerous times thanks to the actions of a cabal of ignoramouses in Westminster, it hardly needs any encouragement, in any form, from Dublin.

This coincided with a major anniversary in recent Irish history, Bloody Sunday (not that one), which makes his actions even more irresponsible. As you say, we’re living in dangerous times thanks to the actions of a cabal of ignoramouses in Westminster, it hardly needs any encouragement, in any form, from Dublin.

No especially since it seems our players and staff wore a kit without any poppies on...