Interesting facts | Page 2 | Vital Football

Interesting facts

Don't disagree on the wilder bit. However if we reverted to the approach from earlier in the season - say at Stoke if you can remember that far back in our only away victory- then yesGrigg would have been an asset. As it is the only option once garner goes off is that useless donkey Clarke. We've also sicknote who we tried to say was a forward to dupe a few of the gullible when we signed him from Cardiff, despite being a winger.

I feel like selling Grigg was like sacking Caldwell - the right move, totally justified but the replacement being such a disappointment makes the original call not look as good.

I think we mugged Sunderland off completely but not earlier on deadline day getting someone in like say Eaves was so stupid. Especially as Cook said the accepted offer for Grigg came a couple of hours earlier than originally reported at the forum. So the last minute no time reason we said doesn't wash.

Wasn't that more about character & leadership, rather than ability.

Any road, I thought you wanted him to stop with the platitudes ....... so presumably, you're happy he said it.
It was indeed a generalisation about character in the team and no players were actually named,incredible how people can interpret things the way they want them

Wasn't that more about character & leadership, rather than ability.

Any road, I thought you wanted him to stop with the platitudes ....... so presumably, you're happy he said it.

Character, leadership and ability given he said investment in better players was needed (too late now). We also need investment in a better manager. Perhaps they needed calling out on it as the usual ploy of reassuring them the opposition were unplayable or that the away form doesn't matter hasnt had the desired effect.

I feel like selling Grigg was like sacking Caldwell - the right move, totally justified but the replacement being such a disappointment makes the original call not look as good.

I think we mugged Sunderland off completely but not earlier on deadline day getting someone in like say Eaves was so stupid. Especially as Cook said the accepted offer for Grigg came a couple of hours earlier than originally reported at the forum. So the last minute no time reason we said doesn't wash.

That's the issue - Clarke was the Vaughan replacement, we never got a replacement for Grigg. I'm sure the error will be rammed home when Grigg is celebrating another promotion whilst we swap places with the Mackems.

Every one to there own thoughts its a football forum thats what its about ....i..think he would be you dont ..... do i think they could go down yes i do Do i think cook should go yes i do ........ ou dont think the same thats fine Cant afford to sack him as Sharp gave him a long deal before he left but i think the fans will now turn on him