Institutionally mysognistic? | Vital Football

Institutionally mysognistic?

Society is institutionally sexist/racist/homophobic etc, although considerably less so than when I was a teenager 50 years ago.

Progress is being made, albeit slow.

Society and its attitudes needs to change. Police reflect the people in society. Get that change in mindset and we will be a long way towards solving the problems.

You only need to look at your first link to read that a massive majority of these cases (10 in 12 years) are actually domestic incidents (involving husband, wife or partner) and nearly all involve former officers.
Perhaps we should be looking at domestic violence in general as there is a massive problem there and it exists in all walks of life.
I'm sure we could Google "offences by ********" (insert profession/social group/race here) and get loads of hits depending on what bias or agenda we want to get across.
For example, have you ever Googled "rape in the travelling community"? I haven't but if I wanted to make a point, I probably could.

You only need to look at your first link to read that a massive majority of these cases (10 in 12 years) are actually domestic incidents (involving husband, wife or partner) and nearly all involve former officers.
Perhaps we should be looking at domestic violence in general as there is a massive problem there and it exists in all walks of life.
I'm sure we could Google "offences by ********" (insert profession/social group/race here) and get loads of hits depending on what bias or agenda we want to get across.
For example, have you ever Googled "rape in the travelling community"? I haven't but if I wanted to make a point, I probably could.
It could be more prevalent than the settled community because Irish Travellers don’t think that a husband can rape his wife.
They live by archaic codes.

FFS give it a rest Budd. Your constant attacks on a section of Society is pretty much as bigoted as you claim others to be. You rightly challenge our racist posters for tarring a religion and creed and you take great pains to point out that all the reports condemning travellers are caused by a minority, yet you refuse to accept the same applies to the Police. Unfortunately there's a very small number of cnts in all walks of life and all sections of Society. Doesn't mean all those Societies are cnts.

Just over twenty years ago, following the murder of Stephen Lawrence and the failure to convict his racist murderers, the police were found to be institutionally racist.

Earlier this year the independent enquiry into the Daniel Morgan murder investigation found the police to be institutionally corrupt.

Do we now need an investigation to find that the police are institutionally mysognistic?

You can't have failed, in the last couple of days, to hear about the trial and conviction of the man who raped and murdered Sarah Everard. He was a police officer. He is believed to have used his police warrant card to trick his victim into trusting him. He'd been previously investigated for indecent exposure and it has been reported that some of his colleagues referred to him as, 'the rapist'.

The police know that they cannot dismiss this horrific and sickening murder as being simply the case of 'one rotten apple'.

May not just be "one bad apple" but it is still a very, very small minority of officers. Is that enough to say the problem is "institutionallised"?

If society followed your ideas and decended in to anarchy, who exactly would replace the police to protect the weak and elderly, the women walking alone late at night?

Are you sure that there are even any private security firms, for instance, that have no mysogynistic staff?

Society is institutionally sexist/racist/homophobic etc, although considerably less so than when I was a teenager 50 years ago.

Progress is being made, albeit slow.

Agree with the first paragraph, not with the last sentence. UK society is and will get more sexist racist and homophobic as other cultures / religions increase in the UK. You only need to see how much worse life is for minorities and women in other countries, to see what this country will be like in another 50 years

It could be more prevalent than the settled community because Irish Travellers don’t think that a husband can rape his wife.
They live by archaic codes.

There is that, and it's a very valid point. However, it should be remembered that there is a significant mistrust of the police in Traveller communities, and issues with morality are usually dealt with internally rather than by calling the 'Gavvers'.

There is though the Romany tradition of 'Grabbing', which may be a familiar courtship ritual but to the casual observer appears to be a sexual assault openly taking place in public.

My views are police today are overworked, there’s a lack of leadership, but police in late 70s through early 2000s we’re far worse, for instance SPG (Special patrol group) Mostly London based but also west midland and Manchester all far to heavy handed.

There is though the Romany tradition of 'Grabbing', which may be a familiar courtship ritual but to the casual observer appears to be a sexual assault openly taking place in public.

It is indecent assault, grabbing a girl and kissing her without her consent. It doesn't actually seem to happen though from what I just read, it was just on the Big Fat Gypsy Wedding programme.

There are plenty of articles though on how appallingly (by our Western standards) travellers treat women and girls

It is indecent assault, grabbing a girl and kissing her without her consent. It doesn't actually seem to happen though from what I just read, it was just on the Big Fat Gypsy Wedding programme.

There are plenty of articles though on how appallingly (by our Western standards) travellers treat women and girls

Does anyone actually watch programmes like that? Think you need to get out bit more 666. :bow: