Ins and outs : 2021/22 pre-season thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ins and outs : 2021/22 pre-season thread

I agree. Seemed to take a long time to sort out the transfer details . Maybe they did some extra fitness checks, as he was a bit injury/illness prone whilst with us... although nowhere near as bad as many others on our books!

27/07/21

Post-match (Newcastle friendly) interview on Radio Sheffield - Warney said that we are close to signing two players, and they should be coming in after this weekend

Last edited:
28/07/21

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Another trialist coming in for the Millers for M'boro' friendly - Marlon Fossey from Fulham - who is a right back. We need a LEFT back though! Difficult to make sense of our recruitment plans.

31/07/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) twitter - Hakeem Odoffin from Hamilton Ac., and another player , having RUFC medical on Monday. Possibly two more signings during the week.

I was under the impression that Hakeem had already had a medical and it was just his signature we were waiting for.

Don't know if he has. He is a defensive midfielder, so is a replacement for S. MacDonald, if the deal goes through ok. He has also played at right-back. There could be some loans coming in too.

Last edited:
02/08/21 - Nothing announced on Radio Sheffield tonight re new signings. The clock is ticking... Rumours that we have signed Rathbone though

Heard a rumour (up here) that Sunderland target Daniel Jebbison (of Sheff United) is ready to sign for Rotherham.
Don't know how tue it is though.

03/08/21

BBC Radio Sheffield (6.15 pm) - paperwork for Odoffin and Rathbone transfers is taking longer than expected to sort out (didn't say why!). Has somebody mislaid the club biro?
:p
No other transfer targets were mentioned.

RUFC Official Twitter - there could be more news at 7pm today

"Ins"...

7.05 pm Update from RUFC Official Twitter - Hakeem Odoffin is now a Millers player! (undisclosed fee)

Last edited:
04/08/21

RUFC Official Twitter...

Another "in" - Rarmani Edmonds-Green . Young defender in on loan frorm Huddersfield Town

PLUS

Ollie Rathbone - attacking midfielder has signed on a 3-year deal from Rochdale

Last edited:
06/08/21

So far this summer...
OUT : Eight RUFC players, plus the five 2020/21 loan players not returning = 13
IN : Four new RUFC players (one is a young keeper) plus one young loan player = 5

Unless there is an unexpected late flurry of transfer activity , there could be chances for some of the Millers youngsters to fill the gaps. Let's hope that they can have a positive impact.

Update - pre-season has finished but we are planning to make some more signings.
My comments on the opening post were wrong -It wasn't an ex-Miller who scored the winner, other than that predictably and depressingly more-or-less correct :(

Last edited:
I understand there could be another coming in but not until after the weekend then a striker (young one I presume) on loan before the end of the window, probably from a Premier League side.

But . . . these things don't always work out for us.