INJURY NEWS: Craig Stanley | Page 2 | Vital Football

INJURY NEWS: Craig Stanley

You might recall that Chris Moyses mentioned it when he was making no apology for playing the long ball game. For example almost exclusive long balls to Rhead. That endless use of long ball tactics was used almost unerringly during the winless run?

Moyses latterly admitted that he needed to have a re-think stating that teams have "done a job on us". He now states that City have a plan B and C.

Thankfully, he and the coaching team have acted upon it.

I make no apology for wanting to see City mix and match their tactics thereby keeping opponents' guessing.

You, strangely, seem to think that I am criticising Matt Rhead. I actually think that he has a huge part to play in a more expansive game as there is much more to him than just winning headers from punts upfield. He has a sublime judgement and ability to play in a true "footballing" team.

UTI !

redimpsfan100 - 26/2/2016 02:57

You might recall that Chris Moyses mentioned it when he was making no apology for playing the long ball game. For example almost exclusive long balls to Rhead. That endless use of long ball tactics was used almost unerringly during the winless run?

Moyses latterly admitted that he needed to have a re-think stating that teams have "done a job on us". He now states that City have a plan B and C.

Thankfully, he and the coaching team have acted upon it.

I make no apology for wanting to see City mix and match their tactics thereby keeping opponents' guessing.

You, strangely, seem to think that I am criticising Matt Rhead. I actually think that he has a huge part to play in a more expansive game as there is much more to him than just winning headers from punts upfield. He has a sublime judgement and ability to play in a true "footballing" team.

UTI !
My point here is that the "long ball" was played from game 1 of the season and it worked very well. I am not suggesting that you are criticising Matt at all I am pointing out that he was the strength that we were playing to and as he has scored 20 goals plus then it worked. The team became far too one-dimensional and that needed to be addressed and was. I am loving the way that Lincoln play now and hope that will be just as successful, if not more so.