Injured player court case | Vital Football

Injured player court case

BEEFY

Vital Football Legend
https://www.skysports.com/football/...baller-reece-welsh-wins-landmark-injury-claim

Is this the next big game changer? Imagine spurs v stafford rangers in the fa cup and kane breaks his leg. A staggering fee could be demanded from rangers and send them into bankruptcy. It's nuts. This could have a similar impact on the game as the seemingly irrelevant Bosman ruling had back in the day.

On that subject, saw an interesting question earlier....will the bosman ruling still apply if we leave the eu? It doesn't outside the eu as far as I understand.

Good to see you Beefy. My Niece has just bought a house in Stafford. She's not interested n Stafford Rangers, though, unfortunately.

Not many are. I still watch them a few times a season if I'm up there or they have a match near Bristol. Something magical about non league football that unfortunately big clubs like Villa simply can't capture. I dread the day my clubs play each other, if it ever happens.

* Dons tin helmet in anticipation of pelters at supporting two clubs *

It certainly puts the amateur game in peril. Surely, getting injured is a risk inherent in the game?

I believe professional clubs have insurance on their players which is why they can't go skiing and do other fun things during their career.

it is the way of the modern world isn't it? We have become like America have been for years, a blame culture and a suing culture.

Bosman would be under the UEFA umbrella not the EU umbrella surely? So if we want to compete in the European competitions (meh, hate them now, all hype!) then the rule would still apply ?

Bosman would be under the UEFA umbrella not the EU umbrella surely? So if we want to compete in the European competitions (meh, hate them now, all hype!) then the rule would still apply ?
It was an EU ruling about restraint of trade, not a UEFA one.

Not many are. I still watch them a few times a season if I'm up there or they have a match near Bristol. Something magical about non league football that unfortunately big clubs like Villa simply can't capture. I dread the day my clubs play each other, if it ever happens.

* Dons tin helmet in anticipation of pelters at supporting two clubs *

Fear wouldn’t be seen dead at Redditch Riff Raff United.

I like a bit of non league, local lads who are the best in the area playing fast and furious football. Usually get some good scraps too

Ha, I did try it once danvilla, but it wasn't for me. pitch was awful, some of the people were fall down drunk and causing trouble, kids being pushed aside by one made me step in to help them, nah, not my sort of thing at all !