Incoming... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Incoming...

So, again getting back on topic after dozens of off-topic posts not from me, where do we think this lad fits in?

My first impression -obviously wrong - was that he doesn't immediately strike me as an MA-type player.

Don’t know a lot about this new lad, I assume he’s been brought in as a ‘replacement’ for Morgan Rogers.

Scunny & Hull fans seem to rate him, and a couple of Charlton fans wanted him due to the Adkins connection.

All the newbies look decent signings for this level, and you’ve got to trust the recruitment of MA/JG … might need a couple of months to blend/settle in, but I expect The Imps to be up there challenging again.

Plays on the right side though. More of a replacement for Harry. Pace and power so not an immediate Appleton target. Lets hope he has the technical side to go along with it. As usual with wingers, he will be exciting but erratic. I saw that Gary H likened him to N Guessan. Liking overall that we are signing bigger units.

Don’t know a lot about this new lad, I assume he’s been brought in as a ‘replacement’ for Morgan Rogers.

Scunny & Hull fans seem to rate him, and a couple of Charlton fans wanted him due to the Adkins connection.

All the newbies look decent signings for this level, and you’ve got to trust the recruitment of MA/JG … might need a couple of months to blend/settle in, but I expect The Imps to be up there challenging again.
That's my thinking too Kev.

Plays on the right side though. More of a replacement for Harry. Pace and power so not an immediate Appleton target. Lets hope he has the technical side to go along with it. As usual with wingers, he will be exciting but erratic. I saw that Gary H likened him to N Guessan. Liking overall that we are signing bigger units.

Everyone - everyone - eventually gets to Beasts & Monsters. :grinning:

I like that look of this one. He was excellent at Scunthorpe, hence his move to the Championship but it didn't quite work.

He had some big clubs after him before his last move so there's obviously something there and at 6'3" and a decent build, he looks like a strong type of winger, perhaps not too different to DNG in L2.

But back to Hakeeb - looks a really good signing, and a big lad to boot. I guess if we're ever struggling we can go with him, Hopper and N'lundulu as a front three and just barge our way into their goalmouth!

Definitely shows that MA prefers wingers that can move inside rather than just get to the byline. Hence the replacement of Anderson and Elbo.

Expect a front three of Hakeeb, Hopper and N'lundulu - with Maguire and Scully subbing in.

Probably one more top signing needed now - competition for Poole at right back.

Definitely shows that MA prefers wingers that can move inside rather than just get to the byline. Hence the replacement of Anderson and Elbo.

Expect a front three of Hakeeb, Hopper and N'lundulu - with Maguire and Scully subbing in.

He did sign Elbo though? Like I assumed he wasn't good enough for Mapp as opposed to style.

Moving inside is probably the key bit, but some of the videos of Adelakun make him look like a proper winger

Nah. Reckon N'lundulu is our back up for Hopper. Maguire is the starter.

BTW N'lundulu song should be to the tune of Vindaloo.

He did sign Elbo though? Like I assumed he wasn't good enough for Mapp as opposed to style.

Moving inside is probably the key bit, but some of the videos of Adelakun make him look like a proper winger
I saw a lengthy Wyscout one of his time at Scunthorpe. Obviously a highlight reel but his strengths were running with the ball, beating players with pace and a trick, getting on the end of stuff in the box from the opposite wing. He scored quite a few of his goals from quite an acute angle and would put them in the far corner with pace but not a lash. He also likes a shot from the central edge of the area. He gets his head up and can pick a pass as well, which is important for that type of player.

He definitely looked to be a right winger but came inside and drove through the centre of midfield a few times. Centre right, what's not to like about him.

Of course we don't know what his fluffed lines are from a show reel but one area that he will have needed to work on is to avoid over doing the tricks and knowing when to move the ball on. On balance I would say he is more of a right sided Rogers than a Johnson.

He should get us out of our seats and break the lines but there will be times when he gives the ball away or goes down a blind alley but I don't have a problem with that as it's important to switch things up as you can't pass your way through a side all the time. So long as he knows not to risk getting caught in possession when we will be out of position and exposed, that's just part of the risk and reward.

It certainly looked like he will bring something different to the players we already have.