Incoming... | Vital Football

Incoming...

mikemiller

Vital Football Hero
Paul Davis (Rotherham Advertiser) Twitter - potential Millers new signing coming in for a medical tomorrow (28/07/20). Player not named.

Last edited:
We know how long these medicals can take though don't we? Other clubs seem to have players in for medicals in the morning, announce he's been signed at lunch and he's in the team in the evening!

We know how long these medicals can take though don't we? Other clubs seem to have players in for medicals in the morning, announce he's been signed at lunch and he's in the team in the evening!
What normally happens with us is player passes medical, then there is a problem with contract, then player is selected to play, but then can't because he is injured!
Let's hope that won't be the case this season, because we will be scuppered doing that at Championship level

More information from Paul Davis (Rotherham Advertiser) today ... ex-Lincoln City keeper Josh Vickers is training with the Millers, but there are currently no plans to sign him... Dutch player Jorritt Smeets was never a likely Millers signing, despite the rumours, but player having a medical at the NYS is currently with a Dutch team (so could be Leigh?)

Update 29/07/20 - Seems to have gone quiet on the transfer front generally, but many players from Premier/Championship may only just be taking a break now. ie different situation to L1/L2/Scotland/some of Europe (SPL 2020/21 season starts on Saturday!)

Last edited:
Rumours are circulating that the Greg Leigh deal is now off. Nothing official from RUFC, but they never said that he was signing anyway, and that may be the reason .

Latest news on RUFC Official site (03/08/20)... bid in for one player, awaiting feedback from several others, trialist keeper (not named, but player is well-known to Andy Warrington) continues to train with us. Nothing about Price or Jones.

Last edited:
Price and Jones signed new contracts (previously confirmed on RUFC Official site).
Latest rumours on other websites - Kieran Sadlier (Donny winger, ex-Eire-U21) and Dominic Samuel (Blackburn R. reserve forward, ex-England U19) are to join the Millers. Samuel has previously played a few games in the Championship, Sadlier hasn't played in the Championship, but has played in the Scottish Premier.
Nothing official yet though

Last edited:
I do sometimes think these rumours are started by the players agents to get some interest in them, don't you? But I've been hearing Sadlier's name bandied about round these parts for a week or two now.

I don't believe transfer stories until I see confirmation on RUFC Official site!
Some rumours are more believable than others, and do turn out to be true though. Any rumoured signings from Premier/top of Championship can be ignored, unless it is a youngster on loan , as we can't afford to pay their wages.

Update10/08/20... Andy Giddings (BBC Radio Sheffield) confirmed that Samuel and Sadlier have been in talks with RUFC. Nothing signed yet though

Update 12/08/20 ... Rumours about signing Sadlier were proved correct, but new rumours now that Dominic Samuel has failed RUFC medical

Last edited: