Incoming Transfer speculation | Vital Football

Incoming Transfer speculation

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
About time for one of these yeah?

Prompted by me seeing this first bit of rumour -

Someone on the GiTB Facebook page spotted that Gab Sutton (of Twitter fame) reckons we might be after Mark Beevers. CB just released by Peterboro. Ex Millwall and Bolton.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/301134253661193/permalink/1419737741800833/

Sounds a good possible. 32yo with L1 and Champ experience. In the L1 team of the year in Peterboro’s promotion in 20/21. And played under Neil at Millwall.

If he is a target, I think Max would definitely be on the way. Wouldn’t want 2x 30yo CB’s would we?

Anyone else heard any rumours or players they think are likely targets?

Someone on the GiTB Facebook page spotted that Gab Sutton (of Twitter fame) reckons we might be after Mark Beevers. CB just released by Peterboro. Ex Millwall and Bolton.

Sounds a good possible. 32yo with L1 and Champ experience. In the L1 team of the year in Peterboro’s promotion in 20/21. And played under Neil at Millwall.

If he is a target, I think Max would definitely be on the way. Wouldn’t want 2x 30yo CB’s would we?

I do think there is a real possibility of a older central defender. A leader not necessary a skipper. Max Ehmer is OK but isn't vocal enough and doesn't control the defence anywhere near as well as some players can.Not sure about names far too early to fix down likely moves.At this stage Harris has got a wish list.But of teams especially in league one and a few in league two will blow us out of the water with some of them.That fact is why Shorey is so important. He might want Beavers or Alex Pearce(for example) but if another team offers a vastly higher salary he will almost certainly have to look elsewhere.

Hope the rumour has legs, OSK. Be well happy with someone like Beevers; whether we can afford him is another matter. Would be a positive statement were it to materialise..

If we think back to Brentford’s success, before they got a rich owner, it was picking up the best from the division below when out of contract.
Maybe Storey has been researching and watching the best of the National League and North and South.
Many of those players have had a grounding in much bigger clubs than us and have dropped down for various reasons.
Some would give their back teeth to get back into league football.
I’m not advocating filling the team up with them, but there is a few unpolished diamonds out there for sure.

That "rumour" was circulated by a guy called Gabriel Sutton who seems to see himself as some sort of You Tube sensation and guru about all things lower league. GITB likes to hang out with him and they exchange compliments about how good each other's content is

All he's done here is look at the Posh retained list and given homes to players who have been released

Last edited:
I was under the impression they were there to look at Joe Sbarra, a 23 year old midfielder that has scored 17 goals so far this season that is also out of contract in the summer.
Possible I only had a quick look. The advantage with that one is he might be free.

I’m just hoping that Shorey has been busy and earning his crust.
There are literally hundreds out of contract.
It’s finding the right team balance that’s the tough bit.
Yep, I imagine it's not getting the "best" players, it's getting the "right" players