Inappropriate Covid 19 songs | Page 4 | Vital Football

Inappropriate Covid 19 songs

Jazz funk..now that's music. Band on the Wall in the 70s and The Crusaders ( prior to their Randy Crawford debacle obvs ).

Love BoTW. Seen Incognito there a couple of times ........and TontyMomrelle.

Yep, Crusaders are top notch (I didn't mind Randy Crawford ......... and Street Life is magnificent).

Strangers could do shouty snarling, but they could also do beautiful - Golden Brown, Always the Sun and Strange Little Girl are great songs.

Brilliant keyboards (wish I could play like that) and sax, but a little too slow for me.

Soul Shadows and Rodeo Drive.

Just had a look on wikipedia ....... I'd no idea they started in the 50s!!! I'm also ashamed to say that I didn't realise they've done so many albums. I think we have 4, but only 2 are remotely regularly played ..... Rhapsody and Blues & Street Life.

Will need to do some buying. Any recommendations?

Moonay, thankfully I cant remember music from the 50s..but get the red album from the 70s. It is the gospel. I have it somewhere and I'll dig it out and post it as my avatar.

Oh FFS..disaster. Found the sleeve for Rhapsody and Blues but nowt inside and red album nowhere to be seen. Found Street Life on single with no middle in it so probably an import. Also found Santana ( Black Magic Woman album ) along with Pink Floyd's Dark Side. Few original Beatles albums also.

Saw Crusaders twice at the Apollo 1 prior Street Life and 1 after. Half the clientele had changed should we say and would probably been better served at a Duran Duran bash. 1st one did red album but I dont think its available on CD. Hope I'm wrong. If you do listen this get the cans on and chill. Drop out man.

I've just been flicking through their discography on wiki, and it doesn't list a "Red Album". The song Hard Times is on a few albums (including Scratch, and Old Socks New Shoes New Socks Old Shoes), but the only one with a red cover was called "Hai Ku", but Hard Times wasn't on it.

Santana. Marvellous. Pink Floyd ........ .now that makes me leave the room. I can obviously appreciate the musicianship etc, but I just find it generally boring.

Only ever knew it as red album mate...see if you can unearth it. There was live stuff on there as well so could have been a special...worth it pal.

Saw Santana at Free Trade Hall.

Also moonay album I speak of Hard Times was on twice. Once studio once live with superb audience participation.

Was Keep On the only time they ever sang ?

Also moonay album I speak of Hard Times was on twice. Once studio once live with superb audience participation. ?

Had a shufty, but wiki doesn't show any album with it on twice. Have a look at the covers yourself. These are the 4 albums with it on.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/60450-The-Crusaders?query=hard times

These are all their albums .....first 2 and a quarter pages:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/60450-The-Crusaders?page=1

Was Keep on the only time they ever sang ?

Don't know........you mean without Randy Crawford presumably.

FFS mate I'm going addled...it was the best of from 76 double album and it's so far away on twice either side of Hard Times. The live version is the track to which I refer.

Come on it was the 70s and I was in the zone big time.

Maybe I was a tad trigger happy mate...just listened Golden Brown and it is very nice.

Think u was a tad trigger happy imo.....I first saw them in 78 n yes a bit snarly but it was coming to the end of the original punk era.....as Moonay said Golden brown a nice piece as was 'always the sun' ... 'strange little girl' n 'walk on by'.....to name but a few less snarly ones.
Think my tastes are a little more modern than Moonay n yourself altho I do like a fair few 'older' tunes.....Small Faces...espc 'itchycoo park'...Kinks, Northern Soul .....Kraftwerk, who imo were way ahead of their time n a fair few bands who linked into their snyth style.

FFS mate I'm going addled...it was the best of from 76 double album and it's so far away on twice either side of Hard Times. The live version is the track to which I refer.

Come on it was the 70s and I was in the zone big time.

Funnily enough, that album isn't listed !

Bloody wikipedia !

Think u was a tad trigger happy imo.....I first saw them in 78 n yes a bit snarly but it was coming to the end of the original punk era.....as Moonay said Golden brown a nice piece as was 'always the sun' ... 'strange little girl' n 'walk on by'.....to name but a few less snarly ones.
Think my tastes are a little more modern than Moonay n yourself altho I do like a fair few 'older' tunes.....Small Faces...espc 'itchycoo park'...Kinks, Northern Soul .....Kraftwerk, who imo were way ahead of their time n a fair few bands who linked into their snyth style.

Small Faces .......got to be All or Nothing.

Kraftwerk .......I like Autobahn, but not much else ....... but you're right they were an inspiration for loads of good stuff afterwards .....BEF, Human League, Heaven 17, OMD, etc.

Last edited:
Moonay do us a favour mate and post So Far Away the live version obvs. I'm unable. Put your earphones on to listen then tell me how the feck Wilton Felder keeps that note going on the sax without bellows up his arse. I saw him do that at the Apollo.