In Cook we trust? | Vital Football

In Cook we trust?

Stormin' Norman

Vital Squad Member
Do we really? Come on be honest!

What the f**k was that today? An absolute shambles from the minute he picked the team, i said after going 1-0 down if we win this i'll show my arse!

Totally unacceptable that performance today as was the team selection, we have decent players at our disposal but yet this clown sticks with dross like Naismith and Windass, Cook is bloody clueless, sod all this away from home syndrome the guy hasn't a clue, get rid now before we are in another relegation battle and this time we won't be so lucky.

Angry? Yes i am, but i have said the above before, if IEC are really serious/ambitious about us making the big time again they will bring in a new manager asap, even if he can get us a top half finish, Cook won't!

Can understand Normans frustration and anger but in many ways he is right but its early days yet but if this diabolical approach to away games continues IEC wont have much choice. All that money spent but same old away performance tactics and result.

Right, whilst agreeing with a lot Norman says and that's a first. I certainly don't agree he should be getting sacked just yet.
But ! I really don't think the owners will allow another season like last they have invested a lot and wont wont another relegation scrap.
I think if the away form continues like last he will be gone by November.
This is not knee jerk from today as I like the guy but I'm coming around to the fact he is tactically inept away from home.

Lets be honest, we learned nothing from last season, in-fact we got worse!

The decision to put Jacobs into right mid makes no sense whatsoever, we have an abundance of players to pick from, so we decide to put square pegs in round holes.

The defence was quite simply catostrophic, we have the depth now to drop bad peformers, give them a reason to fight for their place.

As for Cook himself, I will see how the season goes for a couple of months then judge, if the away form is identical to last season then its fair to say nothing has changed with his mentality and tactics.

Today was dreadful.

Pissed off but as Roberto used to say "take the positives". We improved from last year :

Less goals conceded and

No red card.

SACK Cook; sign some new players.
or have Cook as home manager and hire someone as 'away manager'.

Wigan never like to peak too soon.

We'll be fine. With all the new late arrivals it was like 'pre-season'.

Last edited:
One thing's for certain,if Cook doesn't sort the away form in the first three months of the season he will be out the door .
Melvin won't put up with it.
And another thing,woeful team selection today, why sign all these lads and not fucking play them?
Cook needs to pull his fingers out of his arse sharpish.

Cooks post match comments are interesting.
Players thrown under the bus basically.
Wonder why he wasn't asked about the "tactical approach and team selection"
Would have more respect for him if he'd taken the responsibilty for that part of it.
Won't make for a happy camp next week !

Too soon to be talking of replacing him. But Christ that was woeful today, tactically inept, as sadly we were the most of last year away from home. Whatever we do at training it can’t involve defending crosses or actually practice taking them ourselves.

Goal keeper was as bad as any wigan keeper i have seen And as for FOX and Kipre just not hard enough The back four were all over the place and thats being kind

Do we really? Come on be honest!

What the f**k was that today? An absolute shambles from the minute he picked the team, i said after going 1-0 down if we win this i'll show my arse!

Totally unacceptable that performance today as was the team selection, we have decent players at our disposal but yet this clown sticks with dross like Naismith and Windass, Cook is bloody clueless, sod all this away from home syndrome the guy hasn't a clue, get rid now before we are in another relegation battle and this time we won't be so lucky.

Angry? Yes i am, but i have said the above before, if IEC are really serious/ambitious about us making the big time again they will bring in a new manager asap, even if he can get us a top half finish, Cook won't!

Agree with a few of ur comments there Stormin but sack Cook.....give over 2 games in with new signings give him a bloody chance. Yes we were piss poor, pulled all over the field from a bang average Preston side but no way can we say 'sack cook's......bet u got ur Christmas docs up already??
BTW thot Windass was one of the better players today imo

Of course we bloody do.

No need for the question mark.

You may do, personally I’m not so sure.

I’m not suggesting he’s sacked after two games, not all, but it was just so disappointing to see the same tactical ineptitude today that blighted us for large parts of last season. A small sample size of one game I accept, but I see no signs of improvement.