Imps To Take On PNE In FA Youth Cup 3rd Round | Page 7 | Vital Football

Imps To Take On PNE In FA Youth Cup 3rd Round

Enjoyed that match - each to their own but I like games like that where both teams try and play it on the deck.

Impressed with the young Imps. As you would expect Roughan was excellent. Long and the back four all very good, particularly CB5 and LB3 - which I think was Tetlow and Gruzscynski.
But no.7 really caught the eye, and has a name sounds like it's out of Roy of the Rovers - Billy Brooks

Enjoyed that match - each to their own but I like games like that where both teams try and play it on the deck.

Impressed with the young Imps. As you would expect Roughan was excellent. Long and the back four all very good, particularly CB5 and LB3 - which I think was Tetlow and Gruzscynski.
But no.7 really caught the eye, and has a name sounds like it's out of Roy of the Rovers - Billy Brooks

No. 7 reminded me of Tom Pett at his best, ratting around in midfield.

Yes a proper football name, Billy Brooks.

Watford at home in 4th round 19th March.
Not sure if we already knew that.
The youths are going to be short of match practice though.

Do you know if this is the furthest we have got in this competition, or what season it was?

This is the third time we have been in the last 32 of the competition. The previous occasions were designated as round 3, this is the first time we have played in round 4.

Last edited:
Are the club streaming it? Would be great to do.
Hope so , I enjoyed the last one vs Preston and it's a great cup run they are having. I see Watford youth are coached by Simon Clark ex-Imp. I believe he was caretaker manager after Peter Jackson left. From their website:

"Now it has resumed, Under-18s Lead Coach Simon Clark is looking forward to facing a team he knows well, having been on the Imps’ playing and coaching staff in the past.
“I know Lincoln intimately because that’s where I’m from,” said Clark. “It’s a home tie for them so we will have to make sure we go with a game plan and plenty of ideas."