Imps To Hold Ticketing Ballot Ahead of Sunderland Play-Off Fixture | Page 11 | Vital Football

Imps To Hold Ticketing Ballot Ahead of Sunderland Play-Off Fixture

Stepladder behind the gates anyone? Cherry picker in the SW carpark? Binoculars on the common at a push?
I stood on the South Common for the Newcastle friendly many years ago as I couldn't afford a ticket. There wasn't much atmosphere up there and the view was a bit limited, but at least me and Sigiriya junior got to see the game (well, at least half of it. You can only see part of the pitch from up there). When we played Man City at home in the league I couldn't afford to go then either, so I had to put up with peering through the gaps in the security gates with a couple of other hardy soles. When life gets that tough it stops you worring about a little thing like which seat you end up in. Just being there is what counts.

Last edited:
Fully agree I’d give my right arm to be seat A1 of the bike shed stand but it seems its not meant to be
It is looking like I have not got a ticket either so moaning about not being in the preferred bit of the the ground is a bit bloody rich

I stood on the South Common for the Newcastle friendly many years ago as I couldn't afford a ticket. There wasn't much atmosphere up there and the view was a bit limited, but at least me and Sigiriya junior got to see the game (well, at least half of it. You can only see part of the pitch from up there). When we played Man City at home in the league I couldn't afford to go then either, so I had to put up with peering through the gaps in the security gates with a couple of other hardy soles. When life gets that tough it stops you worring about a little thing like which seat you end up in. Just being there is what counts.
Good on you mate, love the spirit

A lot of people at the club have done quite a bit of work to get fans into the ground. This ranges from risk assessments, traffic flows of people, such as one way systems, liaison with football authorities, local health authorities maybe PHE who knows and I don’t think I’ve covered every aspect of what the club has done. I posted in another thread that potentially the Selenity would not be open to fans, not sure if it has been announced either way. However, if fans didn’t realise that it would be pot luck where you sit behind the goal or the bike shed et al and if fans are moaning where they have been allocated then return the ticket.

Take the ticket, put it in your pocket, say-nought and enjoy. At least you won’t have someone obstructing your view in the seat in front !

No confirmation email till I went into my eticketing account, which showed the ticket, I requested the email be resent and it then went to spam but I could see it.

The club made it perfectly clear that supporters would not be allocated their regular seat to enable the correct distancing. Some people should learn to read.

And to add if I may, the Club can put you where it wants the season is over.