Imps To Hold Ticketing Ballot Ahead of Sunderland Play-Off Fixture | Page 3 | Vital Football

Imps To Hold Ticketing Ballot Ahead of Sunderland Play-Off Fixture

I thought we had about 6,000 ST holders, did I just dream up this figure

I imagine not all renewed for this season and quite a few that did opted for full refunds? Or whatever the other options were that wouldn't make them eligible for this.

As I don’t have a ST I won’t be involved, but the breakdown of the ballot sections is interesting. Appears that the Singing Section, block 7 aka 617 has its own mini ballot. Whilst I’m all for the best atmosphere possible, does seem to favour one group over the rest as it appears that they will have a higher chance of getting a ticket.

Not at all. It states this in the article. To give an example - If the block has 100 seats then 31 from 100 will be allocated to the ballot. If the block has 200 seats then 62 and so on.

We have gone to great lengths to ensure it is as fair as can be.

The ballot will be segmented, with 31% of capacity in each area of the stadium being allocated to each grouping. For absolute clarity, each section will receive identical pro-rata availability”

6pm kick-off doesn't help me, especially with a need to arrive at a specified time to get into the ground. So, as I said before, that's one less for others to worry about.
I look forward to next season with us all back and, I trust, a return to normal sensible midweek kick-off times.

I imagine not all renewed for this season and quite a few that did opted for full refunds? Or whatever the other options were that wouldn't make them eligible for this.
But full refunds are eligible if I read correctly. But if I’m remembering correctly the window for tickets only opened once and with no guarantee the season would happen can imagine not every ticket holder renewed from 19/20

But full refunds are eligible if I read correctly. But if I’m remembering correctly the window for tickets only opened once and with no guarantee the season would happen can imagine not every ticket holder renewed from 19/20

"This ballot is available for 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders. These are fans that opted for the ‘iFollow + credit’ or ‘credit only’ option."

I thought we had about 6,000 ST holders, did I just dream up this figure
You didn't dream it, we did have 6,300. However, a number requested full refunds, leaving somewhere between 4,100 and 4,300.

This ballot is for the 4,100 to 4,300 current season ticket holders.

Those who requested a full refund will have first refusal on a new season ticket for 2021-22.

Not at all. It states this in the article. To give an example - If the block has 100 seats then 31 from 100 will be allocated to the ballot. If the block has 200 seats then 62 and so on.

We have gone to great lengths to ensure it is as fair as can be.

The ballot will be segmented, with 31% of capacity in each area of the stadium being allocated to each grouping. For absolute clarity, each section will receive identical pro-rata availability”
Thanks for the reply and clarification Liam. Maths never my strong point!

"If you are unsuccessful in the ballot, you will also receive an email from the Club. Whilst we understand there will undoubtedly be frustration, we aim to offset this by providing those who are unsuccessful priority, should the Club be fortunate enough to reach the Play-Off Final. Only those who apply and miss out will be given priority should the Club reach the Play-Off Final.

As it stands, we anticipate the ticket allocation to be in the region of 4,000 per team for the Play-Off Final."
Is this suggesting that after allowing for those who were unable to get a ticket for the semi-final, any season ticket holder who is successful in the ballot, would not get any kind of ticket priority, should we reach the Final? Surely this can't be correct, or am I just being dumb?

Is this suggesting that after allowing for those who were unable to get a ticket for the semi-final, any season ticket holder who is successful in the ballot, would not get any kind of ticket priority, should we reach the Final? Surely this can't be correct, or am I just being dumb?

I understand it as, if you are a season ticket holder this season and you apply for a semi final ticket but are not successful, if we reach the final you would be in the hat for a ticket before all the season ticket holders who were successful in getting a ticket for the semi final. Thus resulting in that if you apply for a ticket as a season ticket holder for the semi final and are unsuccessful you are virtually guaranteed a ticket for the final if we get there because of the amount of season ticket holders we have equals the amount of fans they are letting into Wembley and as you missed out on the semi final you have been given priority in getting a ticket before all those who were successful in getting one for the semi final........I could be wrong though.

"This ballot is available for 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders. These are fans that opted for the ‘iFollow + credit’ or ‘credit only’ option."
Understand, I was reading that as credit only meaning refund.

I understand it as, if you are a season ticket holder this season and you apply for a semi final ticket but are not successful, if we reach the final you would be in the hat for a ticket before all the season ticket holders who were successful in getting a ticket for the semi final. Thus resulting in that if you apply for a ticket as a season ticket holder for the semi final and are unsuccessful you are virtually guaranteed a ticket for the final if we get there because of the amount of season ticket holders we have equals the amount of fans they are letting into Wembley and as you missed out on the semi final you have been given priority in getting a ticket before all those who were successful in getting one for the semi final........I could be wrong though.
This is what I'm hoping.

I have just looked at the rules for fans at Sunderland attending the game at the Stadium, of Light,
During the match
Fans are asked to avoid ‘unnecessary movement’ during the game, and will have to follow a one-way system if they need to access facilities such as the toilets.

Close physical contact – such as hugs, handshakes and celebrations with those not in your bubble – must be avoided at all times.
Supporters are also asked not to touch the match ball should it enter the stands.

What made me chuckle was the last bit about not touching the ball. (if a wayward shot is coming at you, does that mean you should try and move out of the way!!)

I have just looked at the rules for fans at Sunderland attending the game at the Stadium, of Light,
During the match
Fans are asked to avoid ‘unnecessary movement’ during the game, and will have to follow a one-way system if they need to access facilities such as the toilets.

Close physical contact – such as hugs, handshakes and celebrations with those not in your bubble – must be avoided at all times.
Supporters are also asked not to touch the match ball should it enter the stands.

What made me chuckle was the last bit about not touching the ball. (if a wayward shot is coming at you, does that mean you should try and move out of the way!!)
If you are stuck by the ball, or move the wrong way through the one way system to avoid being hit by the ball, you may be ejected

You should should be OK if we get to the final. For instance I was planning to apply for final ticket if we made but circumstances have changed for me so will not be applying. So one less to worry about.

Although I do hope I am successful for next weeks game.
Wembley is two stops on the Jubilee line for me, so would be particularly galling to miss out. Good luck on Friday.

I think that's right. What it does not cover is season ticket holders who choose not to enter the ballot for the semi-final - does that place them at the absolute end of the queue for final tickets? I have decided that attending the semi-final is not the right thing to do, but I probably would go to the final because that is two weeks after the lifting of restrictions and we should know by then what the immediate impact of that is. I may even have had my second jab by then.

Having said that, if we have 4,000 tickets available for the final and just over 4,000 season ticket holders, there will always be a percentage who either cannot or decide not to go. Therefore, anyone who wants one should be ok.

Notice Sunderland's tickets are also £20/£10; Oxford & Blackpool not released details yet. Also, looks like goal line technology will once again be used at all the play off games (Oxford mention it will at their games).