Imps retained/released list.... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Imps retained/released list....

You're the first one, I think, to mention that it may have been the player's decision, not the club management's.

How does anyone know who decided what?

We don't know but as has been mentioned previously MA had been dropping pretty big hints that Anderson wasn't part of his plans. Also, do they not usually mention in the list whether players have been offered terms?

You're the first one, I think, to mention that it may have been the player's decision, not the club management's.

I, for some reason, thought we had an option on his contract? That could be completely wrong though.

If the Echo is to be believed, we didn't want to pay Peterborough instalments due to them if we were to take up the option on his contract. I’d imagine a situation whereby MA would probably have liked him to stay, but not at whatever cost we’d have to have paid the Posh.

If reports are to be believed, Lincoln decided not to take up the option in Harry's contract possibly because of contactual links (to Cheaterborough).

Sometimes these decisions are football, sometimes financial, sometimes both. I would suggest the latter.

However, in general there is no point in retaining the registration of a player if he is not going to play. I would suggest that is significant.

For whatever reason, MA did not fancy HA. End of that relationship.

If reports are to be believed, Lincoln decided not to take up the option in Harry's contract possibly because of contactual links (to Cheaterborough).

Sometimes these decisions are football, sometimes financial, sometimes both. I would suggest the latter.

However, in general there is no point in retaining the registration of a player if he is not going to play. I would suggest that is significant.

For whatever reason, MA did not fancy HA. End of that relationship.
Cheaterborough! Love it! Ciao Harry and thanks .We have to look forward not side ways

Can't see Archibald, Melbourne or Elbouzedi here next season, like wise the young lads who you'd imagine would end up at Trinity on loan.

Suspect Roughan has a good chance of leaving as well if PL U23's are sniffing.

Ma may have thought he can do Better then Harry or Harry may have thought he can do better then Lincoln as in getting game time, The players shelf life is very small however much we like him players move on for various reasons , Whatever the reason we cant judge as we dont know all the ins and outs, Wish Harry well on his next project ( Portsmouth ?) unless against Lincoln, I have no reason to believe Michael or the board havent made the right decision Financially or otherwise , Just another part of the jigsaw puzzle, Hard decisions sometimes right sometimes wrong

I would offer that his complete lack of involvement in the second half of the season, even when fully fit answers that question.

That said, I'm sad to see him go.

I too am sad to see Harry leave, he’s been great value for us. I think he has found his level in L1 and we’re looking to push on, so best for all to part ways - would be criminal to leave his talent on the bench each week, he needs to be playing. A solid mid table L1 side should be in his future I would imagine. Likes of Ipswich or MK Dons, etc., or one of the promoted sides looking to consolidate, such as Cambridge or Cheltenham?

The squad looks fairly settled and solid doesn’t it? Another pre-season without disruption this time, should put us in good stead for the forthcoming campaign, providing 2 things.

1) Appleton can replace the 5 quality loans, with equal or better ... which is possible.

2) Big 🍎 isn’t enticed away to The Hawthorns.

Yeah no surprise to read that is it. I think it's pretty obvious what the issue was. I thought he still had something to offer but I don't think he was ever going to be first choice in an Appleton team, at least once he'd had the chance to bring in the players he wanted.