imps now bookies favourites | Vital Football

imps now bookies favourites

I personally can’t shake the nagging pessimism that comes with being a Lincoln fan of 30 years - we can do without all this, no one ever won anything in August!
I know exactly what you mean. I've become so conditioned to seeing it all fall apart I'm almost expecting it! Being favourites only adds to the pressure

On the other hand though, DC & NC seem very focused and determined. They refuse to rest on past achievements and are constantly upgrading the team aiming for a higher level. How many of the National League and FA cup heroes are still with us? As much as I love those guys, I think the current squad are on a different level and more than capable of promotion

I think the question is, dare we fans relax and enjoy the journey?

I know exactly what you mean. I've become so conditioned to seeing it all fall apart I'm almost expecting it! Being favourites only adds to the pressure

On the other hand though, DC & NC seem very focused and determined. They refuse to rest on past achievements and are constantly upgrading the team aiming for a higher level. How many of the National League and FA cup heroes are still with us? As much as I love those guys, I think the current squad are on a different level and more than capable
of promotion

I think the question is, dare we fans relax and enjoy the journey?
Too right we should.
Despite a few scares last night i was totally relaxed at the game last night.I dont ever remember feeling like that ever.

Weight of money coming in on IMPS is pushing us to the front of the betting and a some of it from neutrals...met Spurs fans on train home Saturday and they had Lincoln in ante post bets...early days.

john akinde firm fav top scorer 8/1 or 6/1 hills
matt green 25/1 and some cutting to 16/1..looks value 25/1
bruno andrade 70/1 paddy power and 40/1 hills

I personally can’t shake the nagging pessimism that comes with being a Lincoln fan of 30 years

I know what you mean and up until about a week ago I still had it as well. However for some reason my mood and the way I feel about City has enlightened having experienced the last two years and I think I am now fully embracing it!.

I keep thinking why the hell can't we achieve I want to embrace it and enjoy it and remove all that doom and gloom that has sat over me supporting City for so long. Even if we lose at The Cods on Saturday which could easily happen in a blood and thunder local derby I really think this will be our year to return to League 1 for the first time this century!

Dont win leagues after 2 games lets see how it pans out if we lose two on bounce starting saturday it does’nt mean we wont win league either , but i am glass half empty type so ignore my pessimism