Imps at the record Trent Bridge ODI | Vital Football

Imps at the record Trent Bridge ODI

berksimps

Vital Football Hero
Amazing game

Third one-day international, Trent BridgeEngland 481-6 (50 overs): Hales 147, Bairstow 139, Roy 82, Morgan 67Australia 239 (37 overs): Head 51, Rashid 4-47, Moeen 3-28England won by 242 runs; lead 3-0 in five-match series

And the Imps banner seen by the BBC:

• 36 overs

Eng 327-2
    Hales 91, Buttler 8
    The Bairstow dismissal means that Jason Roy's England record of 180 is safe for another hour or so at least. Alex Hales almost clips Billy Stanlake to mid-wicket, but it's past the dive of the fielder and away to the boundary for four. Jos Buttler tries a ramp, misses, but gets into his stride with a hook for six that's put down in the crowd. There's a Lincoln City banner in the front row. Not something you see every day.

Two were spotted.
Hoping a few lads who post on here will give us a report.
Couldn't afford this year, first time I've not been to Trent Bridge since 2004 gutted!

There were Imps all over the place today at the cricket! Sadly we had some deluded stagies in front of us!Good for 10minutes of Banter! There convinced the Cowleys will be gone by Xmas even when i said Dannys having a house built!
Unbelievable Jeff was spotted in one of his retro cricket tops! Sleaford imps were there as well.
Cricket not bad ! Record one day score and a 200+ run win over the old enemy !!!! Aussies were average at Best! Fantastic day with good company!home now having a cuppa!????

It was rubbish, any totally one sided contest gets boring. You could foresee the outcome after half an hour. That Aussie team wouldn’t even beat Scotland for God’s sake.

It was rubbish, any totally one sided contest gets boring. You could foresee the outcome after half an hour. That Aussie team wouldn’t even beat Scotland for God’s sake.

That was most definitely not rubbish! England thrashing anyone is great!

But thrashing the Aussies and grinding their noses in it is soooooo sweet! :wahey:

Yes, but no humiliation of the Aussies at cricket is either too great or not enjoyable. ;)

By god it wasnt rubbish and you certainly could not see the result after half an hour ! Plus the Aussies start there innings vwell! But scoreboard pressure told in the end with a massive chase!
India though i admit will certainly not be easy though!

Was quite a slow start by England....but then they just went BOOOOOM. In fact Australia were ahead of England after their first half hour in reply.

Was not rubbish at all. Was a fantastic victory. A total nose rubbing ground into the dirt thrashing. Up there with TB 2015.

After all the years of them rubbing our noses in it makes a lovely change to do it to them.
They hammered us (and everyone else for that matter) mercilessly by fair means or foul for long enough.
Maybe if they hadn't been caught cheating their better players might be here.

Last edited:
Watched the cricket over here in the states, then I saw the WE ARE IMPS banner and raised a glass to all Imps at Trent Bridge.

Watched the cricket over here in the states, then I saw the WE ARE IMPS banner and raised a glass to all Imps at Trent Bridge.
Thanks ! Raised my plastic pt glass a few times whilst i was there as well!

Thanks ! Raised my plastic pt glass a few times whilst i was there as well!

I must admit there was nothing better than getting one over in the Aussies. And you saw Blowers too, Redimps1. I can confirm that at the interval there was an issue with the water pressure too. Haha.