Imps Are #TogetherAgainstDiscrimination | Vital Football

Imps Are #TogetherAgainstDiscrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"Imps chief executive Liam Scully has reiterated the club's stance against discrimination of any kind after allegations of racist behaviour were made at two Lincoln games this season.

A home supporter was ejected from the LNER Stadium on Tuesday night after allegedly racially abusing a Manchester United U21s player, which followed on from the opening day of the season when a Gillingham fan allegedly racially abused an Imps player."

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2021/august/imps-are-togetheragainstdiscrimination

Good to receive a statement from the club regarding this problem. Any one on here like to oppose the views of LCFC ?Should Mr Scully wind his neck In?Is he a poisoned left wing key board warrior ? Are LCFC involved in Marxist plot to over throw the establishment ?

I cannot believe this is still happening - what goes through these people's minds? Very little, I strongly suspect.

I hope that our 'fan' gets a life ban from the stadium irrespective of their current age. If they were with a parent when it was done, that parent should equally be banned. Unacceptable

I cannot believe this is still happening - what goes through these people's minds? Very little, I strongly suspect.
Quite a lot goes through these peoples minds in my view Pompey. Its a deep rooted problem that has many aspects to it . Its frustrating that these comments are allowed in social media and by politicians such as but not exclusively Nigel Farage who has a free reign to make the most inflammatory comments that millions of people agree with. Its ok to practise bigotry politically or on social media so it is little wonder some feel they can make these comments without impunity. Now, you can call me a lefty an antagonistic key board warrior who needs to wind his neck or just a Guy who wants to see equality become the norm .

I hope that our 'fan' gets a life ban from the stadium irrespective of their current age. If they were with a parent when it was done, that parent should equally be banned. Unacceptable

This is a great initiative by the Club, and it is embarrassing that one of our "supporters" was involved in this incident

I agree with your second point, but while your first point may be appropriate, I don't think it can be made without knowing full details ie age and circumstances eg parental attitudes.

I think I've posted this before, before when my lads were younger, their football teams ran coach trips to Wembley each year to a schoolboy international. One year in particular, a black lad playing centre forward for England was outstanding and all the lads in the stadium were raving about him. On walking through the concourse after the match I witnessed a father ranting to his son about how disgraceful it was that "a black" was playing for England and that it shouldn't be allowed etc etc (I hasten to add that this was nobody from our groups). That has often made me question when someone becomes responsible for their attitudes and actions. I think the legal age of responsibility is 10, but if a youngster is being taught at school etc that racism eg is unacceptable, but then goes home to a family who preaches race hatred, at what stage does he become accountable for which view he holds? Think Northern Ireland, for example.

I'm definitely not suggesting that similar circumstances exist in this case, and it would be obvious from notices around the ground that shouting racist abuse would lead to eviction, so even at that level the consequences of his actions would be known and understood. We all did things and "try ons" as teenagers we may have regretted later. His name has not been published, but his peer group, family, and presumably a growing number of people, will know his identity. So maybe there is a lesson/sharp warning for him and possibly others, and maybe he can be rehabilitated

But who knows, he may just be a yob

The saying goes that not all Brexit voters are racist, but all racists voted Brexit. I always add that non-racist Brexit voters knew full well they were making and electoral pact with racists, and that was the only chance they had of winning. That and having an openly racist prime minister has legitimised racism for too many people.farage.jpg

Just been told that the incident was a comment made between friends which was overheard. This led to the ejection from the stadium. With the miscreant receiving a one year ban. There was no racist comment aimed at any player.

Just been told that the incident was a comment made between friends which was overheard. This led to the ejection from the stadium. With the miscreant receiving a one year ban. There was no racist comment aimed at any player.
Oh well that is all right then :slap:

Oh well that is all right then :slap:
Have you ever listened to drill? These kids are brainwashed on the one hand and then condemned by the other. Where were the role models they needed during their 12 years of schooling?
I do not encourage my children to use racist language. Not because you are not allowed to use it anymore. But because I think it’s wrong. I hate anti-semitism too. ‘Oh Jeremy …’

Yo
Good to receive a statement from the club regarding this problem. Any one on here like to oppose the views of LCFC ?Should Mr Scully wind his neck In?Is he a poisoned left wing key board warrior ? Are LCFC involved in Marxist plot to over throw the establishment ?
Presumably, you're having a dig at me. You failed to understand my post and carry a grudge against me because your attempt to stitch me up failed. It failed because others on here let is pass whether they understood your point of view or mine. It wasn't about taking sides either, merely my pointing out that hundreds of hours of research had been taken from a neutral point starting and finishing. You Sir, are an odious, coward who clearly goes through life moralising from your far left "if anyone disagrees with me they must be a racist" standard leftie tactical point. Now for a little lesson; you call yourself "Old guard", whatever you feel that you have secured in the past, any right to appear staunch or steadfast or if you feel that you are a knight on charger fighting for the far left Marxist Lincoln Front, I'll let you know that if you want to take me on I will take you down. You see the picture of Godfrey from Dad's army over there -this picture emboldens you. You feel powerful enough to try and stitch people up because perhaps they are old or frail, or maybe the picture resembles them in real life. You are a bully. The truth can be very different. I am an exceptional human being when compared to people of my own age. I left the army 40 years ago and have trained in gyms, martial arts and in various sports several times a week ever since. I usually train six days a week. Today, I was running at 06:00 and a double training session in my gym at 08:00 to 10:00. This is normal for me. In some weight lifts I remain the strongest individual in that gym, despite my years. I am not slow and unlike you I am not a coward. I'm calling you out here. I don't care if you think you are tough or were a hooligan. You can't match me. I'm also an exile and will be in Lincoln next week which is excellent. Shall we see exactly how tough you really are? I'm done with talking with you.

Yo

Presumably, you're having a dig at me. You failed to understand my post and carry a grudge against me because your attempt to stitch me up failed. It failed because others on here let is pass whether they understood your point of view or mine. It wasn't about taking sides either, merely my pointing out that hundreds of hours of research had been taken from a neutral point starting and finishing. You Sir, are an odious, coward who clearly goes through life moralising from your far left "if anyone disagrees with me they must be a racist" standard leftie tactical point. Now for a little lesson; you call yourself "Old guard", whatever you feel that you have secured in the past, any right to appear staunch or steadfast or if you feel that you are a knight on charger fighting for the far left Marxist Lincoln Front, I'll let you know that if you want to take me on I will take you down. You see the picture of Godfrey from Dad's army over there -this picture emboldens you. You feel powerful enough to try and stitch people up because perhaps they are old or frail, or maybe the picture resembles them in real life. You are a bully. The truth can be very different. I am an exceptional human being when compared to people of my own age. I left the army 40 years ago and have trained in gyms, martial arts and in various sports several times a week ever since. I usually train six days a week. Today, I was running at 06:00 and a double training session in my gym at 08:00 to 10:00. This is normal for me. In some weight lifts I remain the strongest individual in that gym, despite my years. I am not slow and unlike you I am not a coward. I'm calling you out here. I don't care if you think you are tough or were a hooligan. You can't match me. I'm also an exile and will be in Lincoln next week which is excellent. Shall we see exactly how tough you really are? I'm done with talking with you.
Bloody hell!

Yo

TL;DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.