Imps Announce First Summer Signing - James Jones | Vital Football

Imps Announce First Summer Signing - James Jones

I have to say I'm surprised we have signed anyone so soon, but that's just me. Welcome on board, James!
3 year contract too according to Radio Lincs. Good to see some positive activity. Will have to do some research on him now but replacement for Joe?

I’m presuming 3 year deal at a smaller wage than maybe a 1 year deal At Crewe.

He has security of 3 years at a lower wage than maybe a one year deal at Crewe and then possibly looking again next season for another deal.

Comments I’ve seen echo the above. Incredible player who’s had injury issues and not been at the same level.

Impression I get from Clive’s statement is that we’ve got him incredibly cheaply and that this was an opportunity too good to pass up which is why we’ve acted quickly.

Midfield, Scottish lad, a tad injury prone but well thought of. Has been at Crewe since 7 yo
His appearance record isn't bad for a supposed injury prone player. Last 6 seasons appearances have been 26 (L1), 32 (L1), 50, 6, 42, 29 (Covid).

Obvious to see where his injury happened and nearly 60 L1 appearances by 20 isn't bad going.

Got into double figures in the 2016/17 season which is very decent from CM. Only injury seems to have stopped him getting a big move to the Championship. I trust the judgement of MA and JG so this could be the start of younger players coming in with a view to selling on for decent profit if he does well enough.

This appears to be a promising start to the rebuilding of the team. A young player with plenty of appearances and experience behind him. Welcome to Sincil Bank James.

This is a very nice signing who could have been in the Championship by now if injury hadn't thwarted a move a couple of years back.
Good start to the incomings