IMP losion | Page 7 | Vital Football

IMP losion

Lincoln often have half as many shots as the other team, but they're solid at the back and make very few mistakes. Our midfield and attackers we're much better then Lincolns today, but our defence and keeper was worse.

Its okay to say you played poorly, you played poorly because Lincoln were expecting to have time to play, we pressed and they struggled. Lincoln didn't make many errors and you took what was given to you.
But Lincoln had more shots on target and scored more goals.

Have we slumped so low we are arguing with fans of Lincoln. Geez. We may have a rough season or two but think we are a slightly different proposition longer term to tin pot clubs like these.

But Lincoln had more shots on target and scored more goals.

If we weren't all in second half at worst it would of been 1-1, you don't leave central defenders forward unless commited to winning. Earlier in the season Lincoln were the better team. Certainly not today, they were second best. 16 shots vs 7, we wasted many counter attacking 3v2's-4v3s with players coming back from injury and others not fully fit. Earlier in the season they had 14 shots to our 6 and a lot of possession.

Played well today, you can see a good performance from a terrible one regardless of how they played.

Right you have had your say now eff off.

No need LMB, Jules has not been taking the piss, he's just offered his opinion from his perspective, which he was asked for.

Nice to have (virtually) met you earlier Jules, good luck for the rest of the season.

PS, for your forums posters who were commenting on the commentary:
the co-commentator was 67 year old Tommy Gore, played for Wigan in non league and when we finally managed to get into the league in the late 70's, club legend, loves the club, kicks every ball from his commentary position, wears his heart on his sleeve, unashamedly biased in his commentary and still to this day my all time favorite player, you can keep all the prem prima donna's we saw come and go, Tommy is one of us and will be forever.

This tosser has come on here to wind us up then go back and report it to the rest of the tossers on their own board.

If you are so happy winning against club in turmoil with a makeshift side then you have a serious inferiority complex, and looking at your history is it any wonder.

Damien let it go..it's not worth it and Lincoln aren't the enemy. Stick to digging into my ribs about our goalie.

Do you want my honest opinion of today? You played well, but as I have said, that was one of our worst performances, if not our worst, of the season.

I have watched every single Lincoln City match this season, so I am in a pretty good position to comment on how we did play and we were crap. It is that simple.
It seems like you're still struggling to give us any credit for stopping you playing, but hey ho.

Good luck for the rest of the season .................. and lets hope you manage to play a little better when you play the other teams around us at the bottom.
;)

Look, I'm entitled to my own opinion, whether you like it or not.

I firmly believe that was the worst we have played this season, so I find it hard to give any credit to Wigan. I have watched every single Lincoln City match this season, so do give me some credit.

Jules, do yourself a favour mate and retreat back to home soil. Moonay is itching to do a night shift and will have you tied up till 4 AM with verbal ping-pong.

I firmly believe that was the worst we have played this season, so I find it hard to give any credit to Wigan. I have watched every single Lincoln City match this season, so do give me some credit.
So why not just stay on your own board and preach to like minded people, you have come here to gloat now piss off.

If only you knew about the legal threats I've had since November 2011 running Vital Lincoln City, and how they have run into the early hours!

:lol:

The only thing is we are literally on our arse with no sign of escape any time soon...so with that in mind folk will, sometimes right and wrong, see any incursion as a piss take. Enjoy your 3 points and we will be back again to compete. Our team of last season would have put 5 up you today but that's all history now.

Good luck.

Of course you are .......as am I, and as are we ........ even those who express theirs a little more vociferously than I did !

I've no doubt that what you say is true. You played poorly, worse than in any other game this season. Therefore, it seems to me only logical that you'd give some credit to the opposition for making you play so poorly.

We pressed you every time you had the ball, and you didn't like it. On another day, we could have had 6 goals .........but it wasn't to be.

I must admit, given that you chose to come on here, with I'm not sure what kind of response you expected. The gracious thing to do would have been to applaud a lowly team, on their arse, who lost by 5 goals last time out, have no manager, and who've struggled to field a full squad a coupe of times this season. However, you chose not to be so gracious. You've not been nasty .......... but certainly not gracious.

:shake:

Very good, now do one please.

As I said before I have now seen you twice and you have struggled both times against us and you needed errors by a third string goalkeeper to beat us, you will not go up.

How petty. I hope they do go up. Local fans supporting their local club. He hasn't gloated or took the piss. Just offered an opinion. I'm afraid a couple of our posters have embarrassed themselves. With one of them it's no surprise but I am a bit surprised and disappointed in others.

How petty. I hope they do go up. Local fans supporting their local club. He hasn't gloated or took the piss. Just offered an opinion. I'm afraid a couple of our posters have embarrassed themselves. With one of them it's no surprise but I am a bit surprised and disappointed in others.
Go and read their site.

Why would any opposing fan go on another board after winning if he isn't taking the piss, then as Moonay points out, much more politely than i have, he flatly refuses to give us any credit and claims that our performance was just down to them playing badly is definitely taking the piss.

And I stand by what I said, after watching g them twice I do not think they will go up, no skin off my nose off they do or not.

If he'd turned up out of the blue you might have a point. But he was here at least twice before the match. He's the site admin man. Their version if what Barry used to be on here. You really shouldn't give yourself the loudmouth moniker when you have skin thinner than Donald Trump.

If he'd turned up out of the blue you might have a point. But he was here at least twice before the match. He's the site admin man. Their version if what Barry used to be on here. You really shouldn't give yourself the loudmouth moniker when you have skin thinner than Donald Trump.
Barry would never have gone on anther board after a win expressing this morons views, as I said look at their vital board, even Lincoln fans on their think he is out of order and deserves any abuse he gets.

Even with all my acknowledged faults and strong opinions that I get shot down for on a regular basis, I have never and would ever go on an opposition fans forum to rub salt in a wound after a game, anyone who does that is classless. I read the fanzines of most teams we play both pre and post match, I feel it gives me a more balanced view of the game, the general consensus on vital Lincoln is what we thought, they were lucky and could easy have lost, and we stopped them playing, this fellow would not accept this yet you defend him and slate me.

Last edited: