IMP losion | Page 8 | Vital Football

IMP losion

How petty. I hope they do go up. Local fans supporting their local club. He hasn't gloated or took the piss. Just offered an opinion. I'm afraid a couple of our posters have embarrassed themselves. With one of them it's no surprise but I am a bit surprised and disappointed in others.
You're right Coddenchips, he wasn't gloating, or taking the piss, .............. but his refusal to offer any credit to our lads was (I thought) a little patronising.

No need for the abuse, of course, but that's the nature of message boards ........ especially when it's not your own.

A quick "your lads were great today" would have gone a long way toward showing there was nothing malicious in the visit, and diffusing any ill feeling, but Jules chose not to.

If he'd turned up out of the blue you might have a point. But he was here at least twice before the match. He's the site admin man. Their version if what Barry used to be on here. You really shouldn't give yourself the loudmouth moniker when you have skin thinner than Donald Trump.

I'm with LMB on this. If he had said, 'yes Wigan were the better side today, partly due to us not being at our best and partly due to the way Wigan played', then I think everyone would have been a lot happier and the thread would have fizzled out long ago.
Instead he put it all down to how poor they were, without considering that may have been anything to do with how we may have played.

If we can keep likes of Aasgard, Robinson, Long, Merrie, Otabor and Lang we will do well going forward no matter what league we are in. Would love to keep Darikwa too but be surprised if we can keep him.

Do you want my honest opinion of today? You played well,

A quick "your lads were great today" would have gone a long way toward showing there was nothing malicious in the visit, and diffusing any ill feeling, but Jules chose not to.

Bloody hell Moonay, what more did you want from an opposing fan, he acknowledged we played well, certainly didn;t merit IMO some of the replies he received.

Bloody hell Moonay, what more did you want from an opposing fan, he acknowledged we played well, certainly didn;t merit IMO some of the replies he received.

I agree re the abusive posts Arthur, but I'm I'm not so sure that he was as gracious as your selective quote implies.

For me, it was a "yes, but" answer............ another one of his replies is below, ......... make up your own mind.

On the day, the better team were Wigan, however, we were crap, so made you look far better than you really are.

I'm sorry for having an opinion you don't agree with...
Jules, mate, stop being an arse.

It's nowt to do with opinion. You played shit, so you say. Actually, I didn't think you were that bad. However, the fact that you don't attribute any credit to Wigan for your poor performance seems baffling to me.

Surely in most games, one of the reasons (not necessarily the only one) for a team playing badly is because of the way the other team played against them .....the way they stopped them playing ......the way they thwarted their normal game.

If you don't think we deserve any credit for your (poor) performance, then that it of course your opinion ............ but in reality, it's simply you not acknowledging what everyone else recognises.

Mostly though, I'm really not sure why you keep on coming back on here, or what you're trying to achieve.

He doest deserve what he got ?

How do you feel about him still coming back, he has had his say got the reaction he was seeking so why is he still here, I haven't seen ONE TIC on an opposition board gloating, even when we could, this fellow is classless and you ate blind.

Question for Jules..how do I post on Lincolns forum like you are posting on here. If you happen to go on a losing streak and miss out on promotion I may want to pass on my opinions as well.

Question for Jules..how do I post on Lincolns forum like you are posting on here. If you happen to go on a losing streak and miss out on promotion I may want to pass on my opinions as well.
That would be classless John, and I know you may be many things, but not that.

Superb performance! Just gutting not to get a point in the end,which was the very least we deserved.We were the better side for long spells against the league leaders,which is a big positive and that should give the players confidence,as they've just proved they are capable of competing with anyone in this division.We now need to replicate that performance on a more consistent basis and if we can do that we will pick up results.We need to be more clinical in the final third and cut out the soft goals we are conceding though.

Stunning strike from Lang,who was excellent again and hopefully Merrie isn't out for too long,he was superb that 1st half!Thought Darikwa was also another stand out from today,but many others did well also.

I was angry at the way we crumbled on Wednesday,so that response today was heartening.That performance was full of fight and intent and deserved more reward today.We must now take that into a massive game on Tuesday.

This is one of the occasions when the performance is far more important than the result. It gives us a little hope that in League 2 with a new owner we can build on something. You only stop falling when we hit the bottom and that hasn't happened yet.

This is one of the occasions when the performance is far more important than the result. It gives us a little hope that in League 2 with a new owner we can build on something. You only stop falling when we hit the bottom and that hasn't happened yet.
Maybe, just maybe, Wednesday was the bottom..

He doest deserve what he got ?

How do you feel about him still coming back, he has had his say got the reaction he was seeking so why is he still here, I haven't seen ONE TIC on an opposition board gloating, even when we could, this fellow is classless and you ate blind.

I think the issue LMB is your perception that he was gloating. I haven't taken that from any of his posts, but yours - and others - confrontational responses have triggered this, quite frankly, embarrassing spat.

You asked if I had been on Lincolns message board - yes I have, probably way before you as I went on pre match to see what their expectations were as well as post match for their observations. I do this most weeks.

I also (weirdly I admit) joined their post match skype call where real people spoke to real people, I found him to be a totally reasonable bloke and not "gloating" in any way. It seems that his opinion that they played poorly has angered people because he hasn't heaped praise on us, I suspect he is better qualified to comment on their performance than any of us. The fact that he is deemed "ungracious" because of his lack of effusive compliments for the opposition says more about you lot than him IMO, and just to clarify, that's an OPINION by me, not fact You can disagree with it, but it's not wrong - by definition.

Tine to put this one to rest - for me at least - I won't respond on this topic again.
We played well today but got nothing out of the game. the performance has given me hope where there was little before.
I'm saddened that the positive vibe I took from the game, despite an ultimately disappointing result, has been soured by the comments of fellow posters on a bloody message board.