IMP losion | Page 10 | Vital Football

IMP losion

Me too monsieur Moonay...only a couple of tracks of theirs I like anol.... Enjoy the silence n Just can't get enough (Wigan Latics.....)

Edit...getting dirty looks from the missus whilst PM'ing & on here
We once did a Mickey take of My own personal Jesus .......... it was A fine selection of cheeses.
😁

I am incredibly sorry if people think I haven't given Wigan the credit they deserve for their performance yesterday.

All I have done is say how poor I thought we were, and I have in fact said that I thought Wigan played OK.

I haven't come on here to wind people up, just share my opinion on the match.

I really hope you find a buyer that will treat your Football Club as it should be, and that you are able to move on from this hell as soon as possible. I really do.
Relax yourself pal. One of the posters you're interacting with gets banned around once a month for being a general tit and the other won't hear anything bad about our beloved squad of failures even if we got beat 0-10. Beefing with those two only earns you brownie points in my book. Best of luck for the season.

Apparently Lincoln didn't play well today, who cares? Didn't realise they handed out points for playing well. Playing shite whilst still winning? Sign of a top team in my eyes. As for us same old story, losers losers losers! I don't want credit for a good performance like Moonay. I want points!

On a separate note, I really don't understand why people actually go on opposition forums to find out what people say about us. It's a very weird stalking-like trait. Then coming on here to grass them up. Get a life!

I would say the keeper and defenders deserved nothing out of that game. The midfield and and forwards must be livid at them!
Actually I'd turn that right round and say that the keeper and defenders have every right to be livid at the attack. Sitters being missed constantly, the only goal scored a 30 yarder. That's as big a reason why we'll go down as it is our defence/keeper being shit. You can create as many chances as you want, means fuck all if you can't put them in the net. Keane and Proctor both come from the Fortune school of finishing, shite the pair of them.

I didn't want him to join, because I was worried it would tarnish his reputation as a player and at Latics being associated with this squad. But Will Grigg would have made the difference today. Instead we signed Jamie Proctor. That amongst many other reasons is why we are where we are.

...... and the other won't hear anything bad about our beloved squad of failures even if we got beat 0-10. ........

Go on then ......... I'll bite ........ if it makes you feel better. I'll think of it as my contribution to care in the community ! ;)

Apparently Lincoln didn't play well today, who cares? Didn't realise they handed out points for playing well. Playing shite whilst still winning? Sign of a top team in my eyes.

I completely agree. However, the point that Jules couldn't find himself able to accept was that we'd played a (little tiny) part in their poor performance.

I don't want credit for a good performance like Moonay. I want points!

I'd prefer the same CL ........ but in the absence of one, the other at least offers hope.

On a separate note, I really don't understand why people actually go on opposition forums

...... a point I made to Jules.

:cheers:

Go on then ......... I'll bite ........ if it makes you feel better. I'll think of it as my contribution to care in the community ! ;)

I completely agree. However, the point that Jules couldn't find himself able to accept was that we'd played a (little tiny) part in their poor performance.

I'd prefer the same CL ........ but in the absence of one, the other at least offers hope.

...... a point I made to Jules.

:cheers:
I knew I'd get a nibble, even at ten past two. As you can probably tell, I've had a few and couldn't resist it!

I didn't watch the game so I genuinely have no idea how well we played or Lincoln. But like I said, I really don't care. It's not early season anymore and results are all I care about now.

I knew I'd get a nibble, even at ten past two. As you can probably tell, I've had a few and couldn't resist it!

I didn't watch the game so I genuinely have no idea how well we played or Lincoln. But like I said, I really don't care. It's not early season anymore and results are all I care about now.
I guessed that ......on both points. ;)

Re the game, of course, you're right, results are the only thing that count, but after Wednesday, today's performance and effort (as I'm sure you've read) were both excellent. You're bang on that we should have scored more (Callum Lang does a belting Paul Gascoigne impression !), bit, it wasn't to be.

However, I don't think I'm the only one looking forward to the Bristol game with a renewed (who am I kidding? ........ it never went away ! ;)) optimism.

Bed for me now ........... another G&T would test my dodgy wrist (and associated proportion giving !).

Eerrrr...in my defence the lift ( and lights ) stopped working in between floors 18 and 19. The thunder didn't help BTW.
I know n’owt about this story but I’m terrified all the same....the thunder probably wouldn’t bother me but being stuck in a lift (or just the thought of it) would have me filling mi kecks.

I Hate lifts and two, three or four floors will always see me bounding up and down the stairs ! (not bad for a fat lad)

mind you , talking about 18th and 19th floors would rule that option out ☹️

I know n’owt about this story but I’m terrified all the same....the thunder probably wouldn’t bother me but being stuck in a lift (or just the thought of it) would have me filling mi kecks.

I Hate lifts and two, three or four floors will always see me bounding up and down the stairs ! (not bad for a fat lad)

mind you , talking about 18th and 19th floors would rule that option out ☹️

Oh believe me zeb I almost shit myself too...I'd just left LMB up the road and there was the mother and father of Benidorm electrical storms which knocked all the power off in our hotel with me and the wife in the lift.

Not my finest hour and a couple of 12 year olds handled it better than I did.

I understand where Jules comes from on this,
His team are up there ,and was probably of the thinking it's only wigan be a walk in the park
Unfortunately we played well they couldn't play because we wouldn't let them to play
So I understand his defence of his team
It was only wigan ffcks as they will be saying
But made them look shite
Unfortunately we couldn't take our chances to win the game
But my thinking is we are in a very poor league , with very poor teams top to bottom
Lincoln are no way near championship level
And will struggle like us in this division
The good thing for us and I hope I am right
When we get new owners in (when) I hope most of this make up team will be sent back to parent clubs
One ore two present players paid off or shipped out for good
Then a rebuild of the team that will take us back where we belong
And teams like like Lincoln and blackpool will not be looking forward to playing the Latics
Onwards and upwards the mighty tics

I'm not surprised we turned up and did ourselves justice today. All season the pattern has been against sides at the top in good for me who should thump us we more often than not raise our game and give a decent performance even if we lose.

We all come out of these games saying 'it gives us hope for the rest of the season' and 'if we play like that against the sides around us we'll be ok' but the issue is we never do.

We are so often critical of the calibre of player we have - but we've seen more than enough this season to know when we turn up we have enough to compete and stay up.

But for some reason the players never show the fight, urgency, intensity, work rate etc when they would almost certainly get us wins against poor or midtable sides.

It shows it's not an ability problem as much as it is a question of motivation / heart / bottle. When there is no pressure to win and we are underdogs they turn up - when they know they have a genuine chance of winning and there is an expectation to turn up they go missing.

It's a mentality issue rather than a skill issue keeping us in the relegation zone. Unfortunately I think it's going to be a pattern we don't break.

I'm not surprised we turned up and did ourselves justice today. All season the pattern has been against sides at the top in good for me who should thump us we more often than not raise our game and give a decent performance even if we lose.

We all come out of these games saying 'it gives us hope for the rest of the season' and 'if we play like that against the sides around us we'll be ok' but the issue is we never do.

We are so often critical of the calibre of player we have - but we've seen more than enough this season to know when we turn up we have enough to compete and stay up.

But for some reason the players never show the fight, urgency, intensity, work rate etc when they would almost certainly get us wins against poor or midtable sides.

It shows it's not an ability problem as much as it is a question of motivation / heart / bottle. When there is no pressure to win and we are underdogs they turn up - when they know they have a genuine chance of winning and there is an expectation to turn up they go missing.

It's a mentality issue rather than a skill issue keeping us in the relegation zone. Unfortunately I think it's going to be a pattern we don't break.
I think what was noticeable yesterday was the energy and intensity that Lang brings to the team. If you have a player like that up front it spurs on the rest of the team. Not only that but it is no coincidence we put in that kind of performance without Gardner and Keane in the team. Their work-rate is nowhere near the levels we need right now. I hope Merrie’s hamstring injury is not too serious as he has developed into one of our most important players. I think there is a combination upfront for us with Lang playing off the big lad from Rotherham and Viv and Massey either side when we threw caution to the wind we looked far more dangerous. However, unless we cut out the silly mistakes we have no chance. I watched with interest earlier in the season when Swindon brought in some young keeper from United. They obviously thought he might be the next one off the production line like Henderson and Johnston before him. But he kept making stupid mistakes so Swindon sent him off packing back to United. The goalkeeping position is so important and our inability to act in bringing in a replacement could cost us big time.