I'm really having a hard time... | Vital Football

I'm really having a hard time...

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Understanding all of this Covid 19 business. Now, ordinarily, I'm not a conspiracy theory person...but.

I know it's an upper respiratory virus that can be virulent especially in the more susceptible of the population, but here's the rub.
We have bad viruses circulate the World all of the time. We have very bad flu seasons with, sometimes, particularly strong strains of it BUT

We don't close the World down! Our Prime Minister doesn't appear on my TV nightly saying things like "We have to hunker down - this virus can kill you"! We don't have the World economy in free fall! So WHAT makes this Covid19 different? What the hell is REALLY going on?
I know we, as the minions, are only told what THEY want us to know but it seems like with this particular virus, the World has gone mad!

Can someone please give me some clues as to why this is happening now? We've NEVER had this reaction in any of our life times!

Understanding all of this Covid 19 business. Now, ordinarily, I'm not a conspiracy theory person...but.

I know it's an upper respiratory virus that can be virulent especially in the more susceptible of the population, but here's the rub.
We have bad viruses circulate the World all of the time. We have very bad flu seasons with, sometimes, particularly strong strains of it BUT

We don't close the World down! Our Prime Minister doesn't appear on my TV nightly saying things like "We have to hunker down - this virus can kill you"! We don't have the World economy in free fall! So WHAT makes this Covid19 different? What the hell is REALLY going on?
I know we, as the minions, are only told what THEY want us to know but it seems like with this particular virus, the World has gone mad!

Can someone please give me some clues as to why this is happening now? We've NEVER had this reaction in any of our life times!

People are frightened of the unknown Bob, A lot more have survived it than died. What ever it is, it needs to be dealt with eventually no matter what.

I understand people are scared Gordo but that has been magnified, imho, by scare mongering media reports using emotive words like Apocalypse....

I understand people are scared Gordo but that has been magnified, imho, by scare mongering media reports using emotive words like Apocalypse....

The media will never give up on their habits which largely involve sensationalized exaggerated reporting. They seem to love negativity. We can only wait for the whole thing to pass. At least Brexits gone.

hospitals cant cope I think I've had it very mild and i'm sure a lot more have the world is going to need to function again and very soon

The media certainly haven't helped there is probably people in hospital with very little wrong with them but think they are at deaths door because they cant think for themselves

There are 3 differences from common flu to be worried about:

1. It is supposed to be far more contagious than common flu and would quite easily go through the whole population very quickly without the lockdown. If that happened it would totally overwhelm any health system and the death rates would be much higher. The Lombardy experience in Italy (a fairly rich and well equipped part of the country) could be more than replicated elsewhere.
2. A death rate of just 1% in the UK would be over 600,000 if it was left unchecked. Imagine what it would be if if got hold in Africa, the camps of the Middle East, the slums of South America and the Indian Sub-Continent.
3. Whilst the vast majority of people appear to recover there is still no vaccine cure for it. There is also an increasing number of younger people, without health complications, dying.

Last edited:
I understand that's it's more virulent than other strains of virus but it has a much lower mortality rate than SARS or MERS. I fully understand the need to try and distance from others and keep yourselves healthy but I still think it's a massive over-reaction to what is essentially a virus. Government control of the masses is how I see it. Eroding away your rights and privileges as a citizen and mark my words, when this all blows over, your rights and privileges will NEVER be the same again.

I understand that's it's more virulent than other strains of virus but it has a much lower mortality rate than SARS or MERS. I fully understand the need to try and distance from others and keep yourselves healthy but I still think it's a massive over-reaction to what is essentially a virus. Government control of the masses is how I see it. Eroding away your rights and privileges as a citizen and mark my words, when this all blows over, your rights and privileges will NEVER be the same again.

Another conspiracy theory perhaps Bob ? I hope one of the symptoms is not Paranoia, in which case I would have it.

I think Bob is on to something, there are already some doubts about the testing kits being unable to properly identify Covid 19 from the myriad of other strains of Corona out there that include the common cold and seasonal flu, MERS, SARS etc. They are also unable to determine if the amount of the virus you have is sufficient to produce severe symptoms.

Also the cause of death is being listed by doctors as Covid 19 if they tested positive for the presence of Corona even it that is not what killed them.

Essentially half the planet is now under house arrest for something that more than 80% of people will experience no more than mild or no symptoms :hmmm:

If this is claimed to be to look after the elderly, how come the same governments around the world usually go out of their ways to screw the elderly?

The whole World will become a police state with the wealthy controlling the masses. Have you heard of any politicians giving up their huge, inflated salaries? No, I didn't think so...