I'm Going To Love The Reaction To This | Vital Football

I'm Going To Love The Reaction To This

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
I'll keep my thoughts for now, to myself.

Muslim boys told their beards breach school rules

Two Muslim schoolboys have been barred from classes because they will not shave off their beards.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/03/muslim-boys-beards-breach-school-rules

Are christians allowed into muslim schools? Tired of this country bending over backwards to accommodate minorities. Surely there was a clue in the schools name.

Of state schools generally speaking Catholic schools have always had a good reputation and usually are the top schools in an area.

Why have they sent their boys to a Catholic school I would like to know? It seems very odd to me. It isn't a predominately Muslim school. It really doesn't make sense to me as to why the boys have been sent their.

Surely there must be a Mosque school in their area. Beards aren't part of their faith: It is not in The Qumran about them. It is a set of traditions/rituals.

Some would say 'they are at least trying to integrate there youngsters into mixed schooling' I don't buy that.

It sounds absolutely bonkers to me the parents sending them to a Catholic school

One of my friends got a mohawk when we were in school. The principal told him he had to get rid of it and sent him home. He got the top shaved off and came back with a skin head. He was suspended for 2 week. Lol

One of my friends had a beard in school, many had moustaches, I don't recall anyone ever getting sent home or even in trouble, I guess we were more chilled back then :)
I hope this ruling against facial hair will also be applied to females.

JamTomorrow - 4/10/2013 09:36

I hope this ruling against facial hair will also be applied to females.

In most cases you wouldn't be able to tell as the usual suspects would be wearing a black "pillar box"...........

:25:

They just want to see how far they can push the rules.......

You know, boys will be terrorists..... oops, sorry, boys.......

The headteacher said the matter was not one of religion but about dress code. Xavier Bowers told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph: "We have not taken this decision lightly. I have spent quite a lot of time researching the issue and speaking to Muslim elders.

"There is nothing specifically written in the Qur'an about wearing a beard. It is a choice those boys are making. However inclusive we are, we have standards to maintain."

Seem a bit of a non issue. If they were Sikh it would be an issue, as they don't shave/cut hair and if they were suspended I'd say it was pretty disgraceful.

I mean, a bit of facial hair isn't going to stop anyone learning or offend anyone is it?!

But as this isn't a religious thing and if the rules were clear no facial hair (most can't grow it at that age anyway!) then fair enough.

Humans do spend an awful lot of time, sorry, waste an awful lot of time on things that really don't matter.

You could also say the same about school uniform as well J isn't the issue more about falling into line discipline.

I used to love the war with teachers/headmaster bucking the trend, so yes, there should be rules so mouthy fecks like me have their fun.

Always made to take my (then) earring out and then went up the corridor and put it back in!

But with this, ffs, as long as they are smartly turned out in school uniform, if there is a genuine religious reason (I'm as you probably have realised by now an atheist and all the religious reasons leave me baffled, but that isn't my call!) then why do we all get so upset?

Live and let live.

However, as above, it appears these two don't have to do it for their religion, so the head teacher looks to be right.

Not 100% sure what a bit of difference some facial hair makes to learning though.

Live and let live....... PMSL there JF. Try saying that to the girl who got shot by the Taliban in Afghanistan for just going to school. I know it's a slightly different argument, but surely you understand where I'm coming from....

These two are just seeing how far they can go. As you correctly point out, they don't have to wear a beard for their "religion" - brainwash - whatever, so exactly what are they trying to prove?

Also, on your other posts - Sikhs wear a turban....... I never seen a Sikh with a turban on his chin..... Lol

I had a proper bumfluff beard at school an a scraggy moustache and all by the time I was thirteen. The challenges of being a bear.

I'm not sure having a beard or not in school really matters does it? As long as they are part of the class and can engage in sports etc. Its not like catholicism requires non-beards. Coming in trainers fair enough- put your shoes on. Having a beard?...I mean, was it a presentable beard..tidy?

NI Villan - 4/10/2013 00:11

Are christians allowed into muslim schools? Tired of this country bending over backwards to accommodate minorities. Surely there was a clue in the schools name.

Why would a Christian want to go to an all Muslim school? :16:

Pride of Lions - 4/10/2013 09:42

Live and let live....... PMSL there JF. Try saying that to the girl who got shot by the Taliban in Afghanistan for just going to school. I know it's a slightly different argument, but surely you understand where I'm coming from....

These two are just seeing how far they can go. As you correctly point out, they don't have to wear a beard for their "religion" - brainwash - whatever, so exactly what are they trying to prove?

Also, on your other posts - Sikhs wear a turban....... I never seen a Sikh with a turban on his chin..... Lol

Sorry Pride, we are talking about the uK not Afghanistan, that is a whole different and sad topic.

No, many Sikhs don't cut their hair/shave at all mate.

The Fear - 4/10/2013 15:34

Sorry Pride, we are talking about the uK not Afghanistan, that is a whole different and sad topic.

No, many Sikhs don't cut their hair/shave at all mate.

Yeah, I know......

:10:

over reaction from all sides. Suspending someone for having a beard is over the top but then getting your self suspended for not shaving is stupid as well. Saying its because of religious beliefs when [apparently] it isn't is even worse.

These two are just seeing how far they can go.

Teenage boys pushing their luck, nooooooooo, surely not, whatever next?

Regarding the school and their petty rules of conformity, their stamping down on any individuality, well it's just their job to churn out the cannon fodder for the military and the sheep needed to keep industry and commerce flowing.

You're nothing but a number.

If I disagreed with a school 's rules so intently I would move my child to a different school.