I'm Going To Love The Reaction To This | Page 2 | Vital Football

I'm Going To Love The Reaction To This

Can a school make rules about physical appearance when natural.

Not like they are dying the beard bleach blonde is it?

The parents had full knowledge of the schools rules regarding dress-code and appearance. If these rules were not acceptable to them they should have sent their kids elsewhere.

There seems to be an element amongst, particularly muslim, people who seek to make others conform to their views and 'enjoy' being outraged when they don't get their own way.

This story shouldn't even have made the news, but, no doubt the school will be forced to back down in the same way as the BMET colleges were. The worst thing is that a lot of ordinary muslims will be just as annoyed reading more of these type of stories. Most muslim people I've met just want to get on with their lives without getting outraged at this 'perceived persecution'.

The Fear - 4/10/2013 10:32

NI Villan - 4/10/2013 00:11

Are christians allowed into muslim schools? Tired of this country bending over backwards to accommodate minorities. Surely there was a clue in the schools name.

Why would a Christian want to go to an all Muslim school? :16:

The same reason that muslims want to attend a catholic school. It may be the highest ranked school in the area.

Not just Muslim's, everyone's outraged these days.I blame the internet and daytime phone-ins. It's Fears fault.

NI Villan - 4/10/2013 17:08

The Fear - 4/10/2013 10:32

NI Villan - 4/10/2013 00:11

Are christians allowed into muslim schools? Tired of this country bending over backwards to accommodate minorities. Surely there was a clue in the schools name.

Why would a Christian want to go to an all Muslim school? :16:

The same reason that muslims want to attend a catholic school. It may be the highest ranked school in the area.

Can't really see it myself but yes, good example there. Then again, I'd never let a kid of mine go to a Catholic school either, people at the top of that church are pure evil in my ever so humble.

The school is high performing and they have rules - follow them or choose another school.

Simple really!

The Fear - 4/10/2013 17:23

JamTomorrow - 4/10/2013 16:23

The Fear - 4/10/2013 09:33

genuine religious reason

Oxymoron

who are you calling a moron mush!

:17:

FFS i get the moron bit but sticking the Oxy in front o it has confused me, Oxy could mean oxygen so an air moron wtf? :37: :69: :17:

Clive we have had this Convo before. An oxymoron is: Example: passive exercise. You are not a breathing moron LOL. Waits for the response

:10:

mike_field - 5/10/2013 00:40

People still not getting natural puberty is not a part of a school uniform?

The school rules on appearance say ALL pupils must be clean shaven. It's not just about uniform.

No NI, it's based on the uniform policy.

That is restated time and again in other coverage, but admittedly I linked the report that talked about appearance as well, but it was a report that was later in the day, so if you look back 'appearance' became a new addition once it was obviously pointing out uniform was a wank idea.

The head talked about uniform policy, and whilst I more than get students benefit from a uniform, you cannot control nature.

And whilst I get unnatural appearance changes such as dying hair should be controlled. Natural hair growth?

Will they ban kids who have a crew cut next?

What about a girl who has long hair and then goes for perm, or a short cut?

We aren't talking piss taking like skin head, or Mohawk, or dying purple or green?

My first thought, that I said I'd keep to myself, was actually, how many white students have grown a pathetic facial muff at this school and had the same treatment but not made headlines - because it's obviously racial driven, so it won't make the press?

Any staff members have a beard?

Any staff members have a tash?

Any staff members have long hair?

Any females teachers dye their hair, or males for that matter?

Wear a push up bra, a more complimentary pant?

This is why I liked the idea of the reaction because I knew so many would go for Moslem, wanting it their own way, pushing their boundaries, doing this doing that doing the other.

That's the story that makes the press. What came before?

Never dismiss the power of a stereotype and the bullshit that will lead some to say anything that doesn't actually apply when you think about it.

My general position is that anything that is biological attached\grows out of you or from you, is your business.

Villa_Grizzly - 5/10/2013 03:59

My general position is that anything that is biological attached\grows out of you or from you, is your business.

Is there something you want to admit? lol

Wurzel - 4/10/2013 17:09

Not just Muslim's, everyone's outraged these days.I blame the internet and daytime phone-ins. It's Fears fault.

I'm outraged at your outrage and my blame.

I shall write to the Daily Mail as this is nothing short of discrimination! :142:

ClivetheVillan - 4/10/2013 19:24

FFS i get the moron bit but sticking the Oxy in front o it has confused me, Oxy could mean oxygen so an air moron wtf? :37: :69: :17:

lol, it's a great word Clive! It's basically a contradiction in terms.

So for example as Jam doesn't believe in God/religion he can see nothing genuine in religous reasons, hence he finds it a contradiction, hence an oxymoron.

Not to be confused with oxycontin which is a cream for zits! :3:

mike_field - 5/10/2013 03:45

That is restated time and again in other coverage, but admittedly I linked the report that talked about appearance as well, but it was a report that was later in the day, so if you look back 'appearance' became a new addition once it was obviously pointing out uniform was a wank idea.

The head talked about uniform policy, and whilst I more than get students benefit from a uniform, you cannot control nature.

And whilst I get unnatural appearance changes such as dying hair should be controlled. Natural hair growth?

We aren't talking piss taking like skin head, or Mohawk, or dying purple or green?

My first thought, that I said I'd keep to myself, was actually, how many white students have grown a pathetic facial muff at this school and had the same treatment but not made headlines - because it's obviously racial driven, so it won't make the press?

This is why I liked the idea of the reaction because I knew so many would go for Moslem, wanting it their own way, pushing their boundaries, doing this doing that doing the other.

Never dismiss the power of a stereotype and the bullshit that will lead some to say anything that doesn't actually apply when you think about it.

Its the same with the guy that refused to take off his turban and wear a safety helmet a few years back.

That incident was about safety yet it still made the news. Maybe agnostics, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, atheists etc dont mind following simple rules and guidelines - yet Muslims prefer to be a law unto their own?

They seem to be the ONLY section of society that cannot adapt to the whatever the situation requires.

What was the other one? Christmas or something was considered wrong? I cant remember now but they were moaning about something - the word Christmas or some sort of advertising slogan.

The stereotype label is their doing! - the Muslims bring upon themselves to be stereotyped in society. Like I said all other sections of society, no matter which box they come out of, they generally just get by accepting who for who.

kefkat - 4/10/2013 02:14

Of state schools generally speaking Catholic schools have always had a good reputation and usually are the top schools in an area.

Why have they sent their boys to a Catholic school I would like to know? It seems very odd to me. It isn't a predominately Muslim school. It really doesn't make sense to me as to why the boys have been sent their.

Surely there must be a Mosque school in their area. Beards aren't part of their faith: It is not in The Qumran about them. It is a set of traditions/rituals.

Some would say 'they are at least trying to integrate there youngsters into mixed schooling' I don't buy that.

It sounds absolutely bonkers to me the parents sending them to a Catholic school

More to the point, why is a state schools a Catholic school? I am in favour of separation of church and state but even if you continue to have state faith schools surely they should be the official religion of the state, this being C of E.

david-avfc - 4/10/2013 17:18

over reaction from all sides. Suspending someone for having a beard is over the top but then getting your self suspended for not shaving is stupid as well. Saying its because of religious beliefs when [apparently] it isn't is even worse.

Most religious people are ignorant of the doctrine of their faith and believe what their local leader says to be gospel ( pun intended) so it would not surprise me if they thought that keeping a beard was required by their faith, just like many mulims believe that their women should walk around looking like black darleks......according to mulims I've spoken with it started as a cultural thing in some areas and certain leaders stared to preach it and spread it to other areas, no doctrinal reason for it though.

mike_field - 5/10/2013 04:45

I have two nephews who attended( one still there) a school that stipulates a maximum hair length for boys, if they don't comply they get sent home. They knew this before starting the school and each had their hair cut. If their parents (my sisters) had been bothered by this they would have sent them to another school. They knew the rules and made their choice.....it surely doesn't get any more simple.

Even if it's a religious principle the same applies. For example, I would never take a job working in a kitchen where I was required to taste dishes containing alcohol as it goes against my religious principles. Not that I have ever worked in a kitchen but the principle applies.