I'm beginning to wonder what is the point of List | Page 3 | Vital Football

I'm beginning to wonder what is the point of List

Something from Zak in this article explaining the temptation to play the ball long to Eaves:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/back-quicker-than-expected-194783/

Hopefully, if we play like we did as he describes at Bristol Rovers, the likes of List will benefit. Probably no coincidence that he scored in that game.

On another subject, what a warrior Zak is to come back from a back spasm so quickly. Certainly no Kelvin Jack or McCammon.

Watching his goal from yesterday I'm struck how well List does to move into space by tracking back out of goal.

I do think he's been a bit one dimensional at times but he's starting to mature. His goal today and the one at Bristol Rovers were both based on much more than using his pace.

Having tried to coach a couple of NZ teams, you've no idea how impossibly hard it is to get young players to see the merit in " checking in and checking out".
Ive gone fat and bald, not to say grey in the hair i have got ,trying:slap:

Totally ineffective to-day but then was played in a different position.

Spot on. He cannot surely have been the target man but in the first half Parker was all over the pitch, rarely in the box. List was never going to win high balls against those CBs. He needs to be out wide where he cut in with his pace and run at players.
Jarvis was everything we missed today. Wing play and delivery to allow a big lump up front to score two headers.

Gills were just shit today and Lovell had better not try to excuse that.