I'm beginning to wonder what is the point of List | Vital Football

I'm beginning to wonder what is the point of List

Wayne.Kerr

Vital Champions League
This afternoon he could have had a field day; run the opposition ragged and gone off at half time and put his feet up.

I don't think it's List, but the way we play when we as most of the time play hoofball then the midfield and strikers are either out of it fighting for scraps. List needs the ball played for him to run onto not scrapping for high balls against 6'+ defenders.

SL hasn`t yet figured out how to formulate an effective as possible midfield combination built around Oldaker. When he does, whether via recruitment or utilising what he has better, List will be a major benefactor. As The Roone alludes, we are not yet making the most of passing the ball. List has speed and talent and is more effective up front than stuck wide in midfield. He`ll come good, but we need to play more football and less hoofball. I think the title of the thread is a bit unfair Wayne.

I don't think it's List, but the way we play when we as most of the time play hoofball then the midfield and strikers are either out of it fighting for scraps. List needs the ball played for him to run onto not scrapping for high balls against 6'+ defenders.
Then why play List would be the answer to that. If there's anything available in the next window, then we have to get a creative midfielder; we're severely lacking in that area.

SL hasn`t yet figured out how to formulate an effective as possible midfield combination built around Oldaker. When he does, whether via recruitment or utilising what he has better, List will be a major benefactor. As The Roone alludes, we are not yet making the most of passing the ball. List has speed and talent and is more effective up front than stuck wide in midfield. He`ll come good, but we need to play more football and less hoofball. I think the title of the thread is a bit unfair Wayne.
Oldaker is showing the promise that you were sure about but he can't be all things to all men. We know List has got talent but as Roone said we're not set up to capitalise on his talents; hence, the thread title - there's nowt wrong with the player that can't be put right especially a sympathetic midfielder

I see your point. Let`s hope that January brings with it a Blackburn flavoured cash windfall. If it does, maybe we can get a 2019 version of Paul Smith or Hess snr. in the team. That will hopefully enhance and put right the play of several of our current team.

Say we get £2m sell-on fee for dack, 15% of circa £13m which seems possible, how much does anyone seriously think will be invested in the team? Think it will be a couple of loans at best, be surprised if we paid a fee for a player.

Hoofed it again today against a team whom we should have passed around. Desperately poor and I accept the oppos were up for it. Still shite. Some amazing passing back to Holy when we were on the edge of their area and expecting an attempt on goal. More than once btw.

Oldaker's strike a beacon of light in the darkness. I'd just said to my son "silly" when I saw Oldaker line up to shoot from 25+ yards. Lol. I'll try that again.

I meant to say that I agree, List was a bit of a waste of space but he isn't used properly.

I was also going to say our midfield was a mess but I don't actually think we had a midfield. No tactics apart from hoof to Eaves. Parker had a 'mare (felt sorry for him - and us fans).

Seems SL does not trust the midfield and therefore instructs them to bypass them completely lol.

DJ needs to play every game but not as the holding midfielder. As good as he is going forward and with his passing ability he is a liability and lost in centre mid. However if SL is playing him so that he has time to learn then I am ok with that. Same with List, he has to adapt to living off scraps.

I think it's easy to blame list but when your teams playing good ball against a team of part timers it's pretty embarrassing, for me Eaves needs to do a lot more he never looked interested . Hanlon should of replaced him early in 2nd half and I would like to see list playing as a winger . We played poor but won great strike from DJ .

Simple. Stop paying him, and let him rot in the reserves. He has money enough already, and that’s the only way he knows! o_O
????
My knowledge of imojis is close to zero so I have no idea whether you are having a dig at me or Parker.

I was looking forward to Parker partnering Eaves and I like him.
He happened to have a 'mare today. Are we allowed to point out that someone had a bad game without being accused of scapegoating?

The people around me were shaking their heads when List went off rather than Parker.

Ok, the boys dun great. Credit to the lads. They all put in a shift. Ref was sh#t and we should have had x penalties. Pushing for the playoffs if we can repeat that in the league, blah blah.

Positive enough?

AB would be proud of me.

Look out Man City in round 3

????
My knowledge of imojis is close to zero so I have no idea whether you are having a dig at me or Parker.

I was looking forward to Parker partnering Eaves and I like him.
He happened to have a 'mare today. Are we allowed to point out that someone had a bad game without being accused of scapegoating?

The people around me were shaking their heads when List went off rather than Parker.

Ok, the boys dun great. Credit to the lads. They all put in a shift. Ref was sh#t and we should have had x penalties. Pushing for the playoffs if we can repeat that in the league, blah blah.

Positive enough?

AB would be proud of me.

Look out Man City in round 3
Woosh! :throw:

Last edited:
The point of List? Did you see his goal against Coventry for example: nobody else in the team would have been capable of scoring from where he started that run!!!

The point of List? Did you see his goal against Coventry for example: nobody else in the team would have been capable of scoring from where he started that run!!!

Oi, davey, I still wanna know about your photo! Did you not see my post or are you just ignoring me?!