"I'm afraid it isn't as simple as some seem to think." | Page 5 | Vital Football

"I'm afraid it isn't as simple as some seem to think."

It's apparently even worse than that, the Telegraph reporting (and showing evidence) that hospitals were told to send older people out of the hospitals and back to care homes, and I quote, "two policy douments were published on March 19 and April 2 to transfer patients who no longer required hospital-level treatment, and set out a blueprint for care homes to accept patients who had Covid19 or had not been tested" (I believe that actually means patients who had Covid19 and then recovered, even I can't believe they were sending people who had tested positive and still showing symptoms back to care homes)

I suspect if deaths in care homes are measure we'll see a significant rise from about 2 weeks after these were published.

And in a lovely piece of Whitehall mandarin, Humphrey Appleby-esque speak, one is quoted as saying the policy to offload patients was designed as a "stiff broom" to free up capacity in the hospitals.

A DHSS official is quoted as saying "the safety of staff and residents 'is our top priority' and rules had been updated so those discharged from hospital would be tested, well hoo-f**king rah...

Of course if the government had got it's finger out over testing back in February we would have sufficient testing to have done this from the start and probably save several thousand lives of our most elderly and vulnerable...

Edited to add, and let's not forget the care home workers put at risk as well, so lavishly endowed by our government with PPE that they are making a single mask last a week

Now now, this isn’t political you know!

Let's not forget..... had things gone differently in December.....we could have had Jeremy Corbyn in charge of all of this. Then again, let's probably not linger too long on that thought.