Illegal Streaming of Matches | Page 2 | Vital Football

Illegal Streaming of Matches

On another matter, I am astounded at the volume of complaints from Premier League fans and the press about having to pay £14.95 to watch a Sky/BT Sport stream of their club.

No mention at all about EFL fans willingly paying £10 a game all season. I certainly would not expect all Lincoln City games to be available free on my TV, so why do EPL fans expect to watch their team for free? To me, £14.95 is a fair price. Nobody is forced to pay it after all.

£10 for a Lincoln game I think is great value, especially knowing that it helps the club financially too.
I find it quite refreshing, PL and EFL club supporters both showing a sense of their respective clubs' and leagues' income streams in the current climate.

In the PL the complaint is that the clubs are being greedy, (do bears shit in the woods??), they already get significant income from TV rights and prize money. ST holders aren't getting any discounts for home games irrespective of how they are broadcast? I find the boycott and alternative donations to food banks, etc inspired.

EFL supporters are mainly recognising that iFollow streams represent their clubs' few sources of income. ST holders (at Lincoln at least) are being treated fairly for home games, mainly reciprocating and the rest of us happy to pay up, piracy robs the clubs of already limited income.

But it's disappointing that the media are not reporting and contrasting the PL and EFL supporters' responses.

With the PL games I presume they get the multi-camera , proper replays of TV coverage.
Would we pay extra to have better coverage?

Talking of watching The Imps for FREE, what is your best story?

I recall Crewe away, a few of us (Golden Eagle mini-bus) after hammering 'Poppers' all lunchtime ..... don't do it kids :wagging: ..... walked in through the players entrance door past the dressing rooms, out onto the pitch and then sat ourselves up in the Main Stand, and no-one batted an eyelid.

We were rewarded with a last minute Paul Smith winner after Matt Carmichael had equalised against the League leaders :innocent:

1f601.svg

Not in the same league, but I did get in free when I agreed to be ‘analyst’ for hospital radio commentator.. I often wonder if anyone was listening.
So when I criticise Radio Lincs I do so from a position of vast experience.

I once paid twice to watch the same game. Macclesfield away, the first time I went, I stood on the open terrace and watched the rain clouds roll in off the Moors and the heavens opened up. I realised there was a covered stand and asked the steward if I could pay extra and transfer to that (the game wasn't starting for another 20 minutes). The twat said "they would have to wait to see how full it got". There must have been about 60 of us in there and it was clear that it wasn't going fill up, but rather than stand there without a brolly (I took one every game after that) I walked out, round to the next turnstile and paid an extra £12 to sit in the stands on top of the £10 I had paid to stand in the rain.

"There is still a worrying amount of piracy in the area which is significantly harming the club financially. "

I think they are talking about pubs showing the game rather than individuals looking for dodgy free streaming feeds - which would be hard to find at our level anyway.

On another matter, I am astounded at the volume of complaints from Premier League fans and the press about having to pay £14.95 to watch a Sky/BT Sport stream of their club.

No mention at all about EFL fans willingly paying £10 a game all season. I certainly would not expect all Lincoln City games to be available free on my TV, so why do EPL fans expect to watch their team for free? To me, £14.95 is a fair price. Nobody is forced to pay it after all.

£10 for a Lincoln game I think is great value, especially knowing that it helps the club financially too.

The numbers of fans paying to watch PL at £14.95 is astonishing, 100,000 paid to watch Liverpool vs Sheffield Utd on PPV......100,000!!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pay-per-view-liverpool-tv-19169304

"There is still a worrying amount of piracy in the area which is significantly harming the club financially. "

I think they are talking about pubs showing the game rather than individuals looking for dodgy free streaming feeds - which would be hard to find at our level anyway.

Isn't the argument that they would have to pay for Sky and BT to watch the games that they select?