Illegal Streaming of Matches | Vital Football

Illegal Streaming of Matches

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
There's a piece in the Echo where the club highlights the financial losses they are suffering as a consequence of the ban on supporters inside the grounds. It makes pretty grim reading.

One aspect of the report that I find astonishing is that there is seemingly a very worrying amount of illegal streams of the matches that have been identified. Honestly I really do not understand this. Do some 'supporters' just not get that there is a serious and real threat to the continued existence of our football club. The club needs every penny it can get and the proportion of that £10 is vital. How would they consider that saving when the clubs gone?

It needs highlighting and stopping. Should anyone on here have knowledge of anyone doing it please explain it to them in the plainest English possible what the consequences of those actions could be. If they continue, genuinely consider telling the club so they can take appropriate banning action as they state they would undertake.

I really don't give a shit if someone finds a dodgy stream for any Premier/Sky/BT etc.....The effects of that won't affect me. This could. It'll affect us all if it results in the club goes the way of Macclesfield or Bury.

Bit of a rant but this really gets my goat

There's a piece in the Echo where the club highlights the financial losses they are suffering as a consequence of the ban on supporters inside the grounds. It makes pretty grim reading.

One aspect of the report that I find astonishing is that there is seemingly a very worrying amount of illegal streams of the matches that have been identified. Honestly I really do not understand this. Do some 'supporters' just not get that there is a serious and real threat to the continued existence of our football club. The club needs every penny it can get and the proportion of that £10 is vital. How would they consider that saving when the clubs gone?

It needs highlighting and stopping. Should anyone on here have knowledge of anyone doing it please explain it to them in the plainest English possible what the consequences of those actions could be. If they continue, genuinely consider telling the club so they can take appropriate banning action as they state they would undertake.

I really don't give a shit if someone finds a dodgy stream for any Premier/Sky/BT etc.....The effects of that won't affect me. This could. It'll affect us all if it results in the club goes the way of Macclesfield or Bury.

Was highlighted to the club a couple of seasons ago, when prople on Lincoln city banter thought it was ok to illegally stream it on fb...

If you read the minutes of the last fans forum meeting the Echo has just repeated it virtually word for word.

From the Supporters Board minutes, which are supposed to be on the website but the link is for the Agenda at the minute so the link needs changing.

I’m really not sure how any true supporter is prepared to rip off their own club by illegally streaming.

If this is happening when it only costs £10 then these so called fans need to change their behaviour

People who brag about being able to view everything using "a box they bought down the pub" will unfortunately probably not care in five years if all that is left to watch is the European super League. The rest of us should care though.

"There is still a worrying amount of piracy in the area which is significantly harming the club financially. "

I think they are talking about pubs showing the game rather than individuals looking for dodgy free streaming feeds - which would be hard to find at our level anyway.

On another matter, I am astounded at the volume of complaints from Premier League fans and the press about having to pay £14.95 to watch a Sky/BT Sport stream of their club.

No mention at all about EFL fans willingly paying £10 a game all season. I certainly would not expect all Lincoln City games to be available free on my TV, so why do EPL fans expect to watch their team for free? To me, £14.95 is a fair price. Nobody is forced to pay it after all.

£10 for a Lincoln game I think is great value, especially knowing that it helps the club financially too.

"There is still a worrying amount of piracy in the area which is significantly harming the club financially. "

I think they are talking about pubs showing the game rather than individuals looking for dodgy free streaming feeds - which would be hard to find at our level anyway.

On another matter, I am astounded at the volume of complaints from Premier League fans and the press about having to pay £14.95 to watch a Sky/BT Sport stream of their club.

No mention at all about EFL fans willingly paying £10 a game all season. I certainly would not expect all Lincoln City games to be available free on my TV, so why do EPL fans expect to watch their team for free? To me, £14.95 is a fair price. Nobody is forced to pay it after all.

£10 for a Lincoln game I think is great value, especially knowing that it helps the club financially too.
I am aware even previous seasons Ifollow coverage has been available from dodgy sources (should add haven’t used myself)

Think the problem is Mike is fans are being charged 14.95 for games regardless including season ticket holders for home games, they dont get a free pass for home games like we do I believe, could be wrong normally am lol.