iFollow | Page 3 | Vital Football

iFollow

I don't think today was a problem as such with the live stream. I'm pretty sure I couldn't watch the League Cup or FA Cup games last season either. I'm just quite surprised that Alderman was able to watch the game.

To use it in the U.K., there are two options.
You can subscribe as a uk subscriber. You get audio commentary, replays - including extended highlights and full match replays, plus news features and interviews. Think it costs about 30-40 quid and yes you need WiFi and data.

The other option is to subscribe as an international user, but you’ll need a VPN which makes ifollow think you’r abroad - for this you get the above plus live streams of the matches - but see problems above. It worked for me for Accrington and i dipped in to the Burton game for a bit as wasn’t there. Was at the match tonight so cant comment on that. Think it costs about 120 quid.

Thanks .I take it prices are per season.May look at it later when I have the funds.
Can you watch a replay of the game at a time to suit you ?

I don't think today was a problem as such with the live stream. I'm pretty sure I couldn't watch the League Cup or FA Cup games last season either. I'm just quite surprised that Alderman was able to watch the game.

I'm still working out how Alderman did it

Thanks .I take it prices are per season.May look at it later when I have the funds.
Can you watch a replay of the game at a time to suit you ?

Yes, you can - and I think you can just do that on the cheaper uk package. However, be warned, you still need WiFi as it’s streaming and there’s no option to download like iplayer or Skygo.

If you register and select the free option, you still get access to the extended (around 10 minutes) highlights .

Not sure how many people know that as I only discovered it at the start of this season

I'm still working out how Alderman did it

Looking again at the link I posted last night (https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/), I see that Spain is one of the few European countries listed there (no France, Germany, Portugal, etc.), which suggests that maybe we have some kind of restriction here that they don't. No idea why that should be though? Might send them an email (which they'll no doubt ignore) when I get a chance.

As I said, the only possible explanation I can think of is that some channel in Spain has broadcasting rights for the League Cup. (Not that they'd be showing Millwall v Gills specifically, but for the competition as a whole, perhaps).

It's all very puzzling and I can understand your annoyance at it.

But even if they were showing a game from the League Cup, it should only be that game that's unavailable, not all League Cup games. The same as if one of our league games is televised, in theory it's not available on iFollow (although last year against Portsmouth that wasn't the case, presumably because despite being televised, no channel anywhere in Spain was showing it).

I'm not really annoyed as such, as I wasn't expecting the game to be available in the first place, just somewhat puzzled as to why some countries did have it and others didn't.

I think it's just the way of the world: i.e. that broadcast rights are always defined, implemented and interpreted in whatever way will cause the most frustration and unnecessary inconvenience.

Hi all, never having the need to use iFollow (until now, I'm in France) I take it that the Sunderland game will be available, if so how much is it. I have read much of the thread about the quality. Thanks, COYG

The Sunderland match is apparently available and a match pass costs 6 quid. I would imagine you should be able to see it if you're using a French IP address, but I don't know what your set-up is.

As it happens, the Walsall game was the first one where they finally got everything right: good quality video, matching commentary and at a volume you could hear over the crowd noise. It was very good.