iFollow | Vital Football

iFollow

SteveTreacle

Vital 1st Team Regular
Has anyone else had problems signing up as an "international" customer using a VPN for the new season?

I have a VPN and "wherever I am" it only gives me the option to sign up to the UK package. I had no problems last season.

I got an email off them , saying they were taking out their subscription. TBH , I haven't used ifollow since the last game of the season. Sorry I can't help.

Just checked and it's still working for me, but I think I set it to automatically renew when I signed up for Gills World ages ago. Which by Sod's Law obviously means it's going stop working ten minutes before the first game of the season.

And apart from that I'm abroad anyway and have no idea about VPNs anyway.

Happy to help!

Could it be to do with the location of your credit card? If it's UK registered that could cause a problem.

A limited number of Gills games may be available for UK based clients to watch in the UK, on a pay per game basis. It seems like the Sunderland home game will be one of them. Useful if true, as I can`t make that midweek game.

Yes, that's right Lancs, explained on this link. Basically any games not played on Saturday afternoons or bank holidays, as long as they're not on Sky:

"In a second development, and in what is a first for English football, some Sky Bet EFL matches will also be made available to watch to supporters within the UK and Ireland throughout the 2018/19 season via iFollow

This development has been made possible due to the new broadcast agreement with Sky which was agreed last year, whereby EFL Clubs have been granted the rights to stream games to a domestic audience, in addition to their followers overseas which has been available since the start of 2017/18.

EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services."

They also say clubs will have the opportunity to introduce their own commentary, will have to see whether or not the club decides to do so for our matches.

Yes, that's right Lancs, explained on this link. Basically any games not played on Saturday afternoons or bank holidays, as long as they're not on Sky:

"In a second development, and in what is a first for English football, some Sky Bet EFL matches will also be made available to watch to supporters within the UK and Ireland throughout the 2018/19 season via iFollow

This development has been made possible due to the new broadcast agreement with Sky which was agreed last year, whereby EFL Clubs have been granted the rights to stream games to a domestic audience, in addition to their followers overseas which has been available since the start of 2017/18.

EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming. Sky Sports will have the right to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their interactive and digital services."

They also say clubs will have the opportunity to introduce their own commentary, will have to see whether or not the club decides to do so for our matches.

Thanks Madrid.

Could it be to do with the location of your credit card? If it's UK registered that could cause a problem.
I didn’t even get that far. I turn the VPN on then login like I did last season and when I go to resubscribe, it only gives me the option to get the UK package. I had no probs with subscribing and watching with the VPN last season - maybe they’ve cottoned on to it and have technology to bust the use of VPNs?

Certainly that technology is available Steve. Every so often, BBC block the ISP's as they become known. Express VPN, which is the 1 I use abroad, just move to new servers so all is well.

Yes, ExpressVPN is the one I use. Usually works a treat for watching uk TV abroad and vice versa. The good news is, it’s let me subscribe now. I switched to another device using the same VPN account and all was good. Look forward to Accrington next Saturday.

Bloody annoying though, I don't mind not having commentary, but I would at least like to have the crowd noise in the background rather than just watching it in complete silence