iFollow subscription | Vital Football

iFollow subscription

Baghdad_Rob

Vital 1st Team Regular
So I paid for my annual subscription last season on the 4th August to coincide with the new season. Just got an email saying they will auto-renew the service on the 1St July as my subscription runs out early July and not the 3rd August.

Anyone else with iFollow subscription who paid for an annual pass has their annual fee lasting just over 11 months? In some way it doesn't matter as the lost month is over the off season and I can just email them asking them to cancel it and then manually renew in August, but it seems like another of the dodgy things they do.

Similar situation here BR - my renewal kicks in soon. I think it might be to do with me having a GillsPlayer (was it?) subscription before it switched over to iFollow... They'll have had a stop/start date in there somewhere & I reckon it'll be related to that. The start/renewal date makes no difference to me TBH - I'll be watching/listening next season regardless

I got a message informing me that the automatic renewal will be coming soon unless I cancel. No idea when I first signed up though. Like FishGills, I was also with GillsPlayer before iFollow.

I only ever use it during the season anyway, so as long as the subscription runs for the entire season it doesn't really make much difference to me when exactly they renew it.

The Gills World changed about 18 months ago so you would have signed up under the iFollow banner afresh.

The annoyance is that you are paying for an annual subscription but getting less than a year of service.

when i had gills world something similar happened and they added 6 weeks to my subscription.

Will the second year also be 11 months? 'Cos that way you'll end up losing the end of the season after a few years.

Always cancel mine pre season and renew again when the season starts as I pay monthly. Can never use the same account when I re new again though as it says e-mail address already in use. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Can never use the same account when I re new again though as it says e-mail address already in use. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Probably the "signing up as a new user" concept - which, effectively, you're not. Maybe try logging in & re-enabling access/billing etc.

Alternatively, if you have a gmail address, you may be able to use this as a workaround - depends if ifollow check/prevent it on their side (unlikely imo but possible)...

Add a "+something" to your gmail address.

eg: "max@gmail.com" will receive mail sent to all of the following email addresses (which are considered unique):
"max+anything@gmail.com"
"max+ifollow-2019@gmail.com"
"max+ifollow-2020@gmail.com"

and so on so on.... I'm sure you get the idea.

More info/explanation here:
https://gizmodo.com/how-to-use-the-infinite-number-of-email-addresses-gmail-1609458192

I don't know if other email providers offer the same but, if you don't have gmail, where the hell have you been all these years?!?!

HTH

Just very happy to be able to watch Gills again. I take BRs point about only getting 11 months but as long as I get the league games Im happy.