iFollow Split | Vital Football

iFollow Split

As I feared the away club get a significant cut so the likes of leeds, Villa etc. benefit disproportionately from a fixture that is not theirs. The bare minimum should be that the away club don't get a penny until the home club take out the revenue that a full away allocation would raise. It's quite ironic as years ago the away clubs used to get a small share of home gates but of course the big clubs didn't like that so it got stopped. Now they've found a way of giving more money to the bigger clubs from away games it's back on the menu.

It read like they were changing how gate receipts were done in holts tweet
I did not read it that way. He stated more than once it was the I-Follow £10 match fee he was referring to. The home club receives nothing from the match fees sold to the away supporters by their own club as 80% goes to the away club & 20% to the EFL and the home club misses out on a ticket sale.

Must admit I was surprised when I saw some mentions of games being streamed live within the UK. My understanding was that the i-Follow live streaming of video coverage was only intended for outside the UK, ie for those like myself who simply cannot get to see games live. Inside the UK was, I understood, just to be commentary, similar to Radio Lincs or Imps Player previously.

I did not read it that way. He stated more than once it was the I-Follow £10 match fee he was referring to. The home club receives nothing from the match fees sold to the away supporters by their own club as 80% goes to the away club & 20% to the EFL and the home club misses out on a ticket sale.
So really looking at just money aspect Lincoln would have rather that nobody travelled and instead we all watch it on ifollow.

Personally it should be setup so that the home club gets gate receipts the same way as a real ground ticket.

So really looking at just money aspect Lincoln would have rather that nobody travelled and instead we all watch it on ifollow.
Personally it should be setup so that the home club gets gate receipts the same way as a real ground ticket.

It's not just the away supporters. Longer distance Exiles are likely to watch ifollow and miss more home games. We save up to £50.00 in diesel/petrol , probably 2 match tickets and five and a half hours in a car.
It's a no brainer for weekday games now. No rushing about, £10.00 and three of us around a laptop. We can make our own atmosphere, have a decent meal, a beer or a G&T; we even had a neighbour round on Tuesday.

Criminal if the money does not go to the home club.

Hope the EFL know what they are doing.

EFL know what they're doing???
Don't be silly, they're total incompetent.
Grounds will be like the 80s again.

I have to say I'm with the Accrington chairman on this. Yes, there is of course a benefit to us being able to see away games live, but if the 'cost' of that is to damage home clubs' gate receipts, I think it's best left well alone.

Lower league football is all about going to stadiums and watching matches live for real; if we lose that, it could well be a slippery slope downhill thereafter.

No issue with the international subscription (indeed, I'm thanking my lucky stars it's possible as I'll be back into exile in Malaysia in a few weeks' time), but I think this experiment with UK fans should be binned for next season.

I doubt DC would see it that way - he would be losing his 12th man !! I agree the money should go to the home team and I had assumed it did until the Accrington chairman brought it up.

ifollow is designed for fans abroad to watch. The fee for watchers in the UK is too low. It should take into account more than one person watching and should be normal admission price plus 50% say £30 at our level. The home club should get half with the rest split between ifollow, the EFL and the away club. The away fan then benefits from saving on travel costs.

I doubt DC would see it that way - he would be losing his 12th man !! I agree the money should go to the home team and I had assumed it did until the Accrington chairman brought it up.
That's why I said the 'money aspect'. There's two sides to this that need debating, firstly does it mean anyone who would have gone to the game stop at home, for Lincoln at the moment I think the effect is negligible, other teams I couldn't really say. Secondly is how does the money from an iFollow broadcast get split up.
Having had a few more thoughts on this it is possible to link the two arguments, I still think it is wrong but if the broadcast doesn't stop most people going to the game then the home club is not actually losing out so the discussion about where money goes then changes.
Does anyone think that more than a handful of fans would have gone to Tranmere if it wasn't on iFollow?

Must admit I was surprised when I saw some mentions of games being streamed live within the UK. My understanding was that the i-Follow live streaming of video coverage was only intended for outside the UK, ie for those like myself who simply cannot get to see games live. Inside the UK was, I understood, just to be commentary, similar to Radio Lincs or Imps Player previously.
The EFL are allowing games outside the 2.45pm - 5pm time range and not on a Bank Holiday to be streamed by I-Follow in this country as an experiment for this season only. Lincoln have 3 more Tuesday and 1 Friday evening games - 3 of which are at home.

Aren't they showing Saturday 3pm games that are played on the international weekends too? Sure the Crawley game was as well?
It's all wrong IMHO.

ifollow is designed for fans abroad to watch. The fee for watchers in the UK is too low. It should take into account more than one person watching and should be normal admission price plus 50% say £30 at our level. The home club should get half with the rest split between ifollow, the EFL and the away club. The away fan then benefits from saving on travel costs.
you won't get many takers at £30

Tranmere missed out on my money on Tuesday. I live in Salford and was definitely going to the game until I saw it was on ifollow. Rush hour traffic through Manchester and Liverpool plus £20 admission, diesel and possibly parking fee OR take my lad to his tennis squad, a leisurely drive home and a tenner to watch, of which I now know the bulk goes to The Imps. This is wrong and I SHOULD NOT have had the option of watching on ifollow.

The EFL will not do the right thing they will do what brings in money for them. For anyone that thinks this is a good thing as with our current fan base we will cash in from away games I would just say stop and think. We have aspirations of being a L1 side and dare I say it possibly even a dabble with The Championship. Would we be quids in then or even more severely disadvantaged against the likes of Portsmouth, Sunderland in L1 and about 23 clubs from The Championship.

you won't get many takers at £30

Certainly not for single camera viewpoint, no replays and radio commentary that's five seconds behind/ahead of the action.

But there is an argument that it should be at least the cost of a ticket for the game - and I think that's where we'll be heading if they improve the service.