ifollow/Sky Watching Online | Page 2 | Vital Football

ifollow/Sky Watching Online

Have you considered moving abroad? Many things are easier from there, if you can cope with flying bullets, riots, fires, weather and aversion to complete sentences framed conditionally and containing sub-clauses?

With the demise of pubs and live football this is a realistic proposition. An appartment overlooking the battleground for entertainment but it would have to be Portland for the cycleways

I believe that there may be more than one camera location for some L1 games - eventually up to four is the ambition, to mirror the Championship games on iFollow last season. Commentary for GFC will probably still be via BBC Radio Kent - which is fine if you have the video pass but, in my experience, poor of you have to rely solely on a sound only pass - as the commentary is IMO, very poor.

With the demise of pubs and live football this is a realistic proposition. An appartment overlooking the battleground for entertainment but it would have to be Portland for the cycleways

And trams -free in the downtown, at least when the shelling lets up.

Has anyone renewed (or auto-renewed) their International Subscription?

Mine was supposed to renew yesterday, but no payment was taken. Under "Purchased packages" on my login there is no package or subscription showing, which suggests it hasn't renewed yet. I am keen for it to be sorted before Saturday, of course!

Mine was supposed to renew yesterday, but no payment was taken. Under "Purchased packages" on my login there is no package or subscription showing, which suggests it hasn't renewed yet. I am keen for it to be sorted before Saturday, of course!
Mine renewed overnight Steve , and I got a message from them confirming.

I got an email last night saying the renewal had failed, although my payment details on my account were still correct.

If you're on an international subscription you might not be able to see Saturday's game anyway, as Blueworm posted on the Southend/iFollow thread: "Round One Carabao Cup matches are only available in the UK. They will not be available outside of the Domestic territory for iFollow Seasonal, Monthly or Match Pass Customers"

I got an email last night saying the renewal had failed, although my payment details on my account were still correct.

If you're on an international subscription you might not be able to see Saturday's game anyway, as Blueworm posted on the Southend/iFollow thread: "Round One Carabao Cup matches are only available in the UK. They will not be available outside of the Domestic territory for iFollow Seasonal, Monthly or Match Pass Customers"

Doesn't the international subscription only guarantee league matches anyway?

As per people in the UK paying for the international subscription, international users could just use a VPN to bypass.

Doesn't the international subscription only guarantee league matches anyway?

I think the EFL Trophy games were also included last year, but not League Cup or FA Cup.

I only mentioned it as Steve said he was on an international subscription and wanted to get things sorted before Saturday, but unless he's using some kind of VPN workaround (which from memory I think he may be) then he wouldn't be able to watch on Saturday anyway.

On my app it says the annual pass is not available for purchase “yet”. Don’t know why.

And as pointed out above, us exiles can’t watch the Carabao cup games. Boooo!

On my app it says the annual pass is not available for purchase “yet”. Don’t know why.

Double Booo!
That’s Boooo Boooo !
Sort it out Scally!

They got back to me regarding this... For some reason they didn't auto-renew my subscription, but said I should be able to sign up for the new season international premium package on the Gills iFollow site. It allowed me to do this and I did it a couple of days ago... you do need to be abroad to sign-up though ;-) as when physically in the UK, the only options are audio packages or to book the Southend match.

They got back to me regarding this... For some reason they didn't auto-renew my subscription, but said I should be able to sign up for the new season international premium package on the Gills iFollow site. It allowed me to do this and I did it a couple of days ago... you do need to be abroad to sign-up though ;-) as when physically in the UK, the only options are audio packages or to book the Southend match.

So, you can actually sign up for the season now?
Where on the app did you do that?
And did it give you the Southend cup game as well? I thought that wasn’t allowed overseas...

So, you can actually sign up for the season now?
Where on the app did you do that?
And did it give you the Southend cup game as well? I thought that wasn’t allowed overseas...

It wouldn't let me do it on My iPhone App, but did on the PC. After I re-subscribed, I logged in to the App (which also needed an "update") and it was all set up again. At the moment, the Southend game is only showing as "Audio", so looks like it is only available to UK subscribers (and payers of £10), but it is already showing the Crawly EFL Cup, Hull and other league games as available on video or audio.

Last edited:
Can anyone point me to where it officially says what percentage goes to your club? And whether that’s the same for international subscribers as well.

I’ve checked all the info on the iFollow app, including all the FAQ’s but no mention of who gets what cut of the takings.
Lincoln City has published some guidance n how revenue is shared (for the £10 away fans anyway). It's a footnote at the bottom of this article - https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/september/200903-ifollowdetails/ - and is quite complicated.

**Revenue for away match pass sales are allocated to the home club in line with the projected number of away supporters that would usually attend the fixture under normal circumstances. Once that figure is surpassed, each club will keep anything they sell above this. (e.g. Sunderland brought 1,833 fans to LNER Stadium last season meaning that the first 1,833 match passes bought by Sunderland fans would be retained by the Imps. After that figure is surpassed, Sunderland would keep any additional sales.)

The GFC ticket office have issued the following statement, presumably they need details to enable them to send ifollow codes for the Hull City game on Saturday.
🎫 | Due to a glitch in our ticketing system we believe we are missing the details of approximately ten Season Ticket holders - all of whom purchased their ticket(s) after 20 March 2020.

If you think one of these people might be you then please can you get in touch via ticketoffice@priestfield.com.

Please put ‘MISSING DETAILS’ in the subject header.

We thank you for your co-operation.

The GFC ticket office have issued the following statement, presumably they need details to enable them to send ifollow codes for the Hull City game on Saturday.
🎫 | Due to a glitch in our ticketing system we believe we are missing the details of approximately ten Season Ticket holders - all of whom purchased their ticket(s) after 20 March 2020.

If you think one of these people might be you then please can you get in touch via ticketoffice@priestfield.com.

Please put ‘MISSING DETAILS’ in the subject header.

We thank you for your co-operation.

No mention of this on official website.

Below is a boring spreadsheet illustration of what we would get or at least how the numbers work.

The cameraman is the only fixed cost I can think of and I pulled the value of £500
for illustration purposes only. This figure might include a contribution towards technicians in the background to make sure things are working.

I am sure Sky or BT who provides the broadband services will effectively be charging an approximate fee per GB download and again the £1 per fan is pulled out of the air.

View attachment 41837
^where it says Net Profit, this could easily say Net Revenue

What I am trying to show is that the more fans who pay for the service, the club will receive a higher percentage of the £10.

On face value the EFL is taking 30% profit, BUT on the basis of the blurb saying we will get at least 70% then possibly the EFL is capping itself as to how much profit it will take. So for example if the EFL capped their profit at £5000 per club, then at 3000 fans we would get £21500 / 26500 which works out an average of around 81% net revenue.

I doubt the EFL will reveal the finer points of how they will calculate what we get. What is clear is that we probably aren't going to be getting the £7 per subscription that an average fan who don't understand the difference between gross and net will think we'll get.

Don’t understand what the broadband cost is for and I expect that cameraman costs will be higher - but appreciate the principle you’re trying to illustrate.

Biggest omission is that you have not factored VAT in to the equation. £10 subscription will include £1.67 of VAT which is handed over to HMRC.