ifollow/Sky Watching Online | Page 5 | Vital Football

ifollow/Sky Watching Online

I would say email the EFL. But you probably won’t get a reply there either. Too busy washing their hands of the Macclesfield thing to do anything else.

Wonder which club is next? Southend? or will there be another one before their turn comes 🙄
I've contacted EFL and informed the club, don't know if it'll get anywhere. Makes me wary for the next one

Just checked my account and I've been charged £10 too!
Just so that some don’t get confused, your personal iFollow account details show a £10 payment whereas the email confirmation shows a £10 charge plus a £10 discount hence a net payment of £0. I realise that what some were reporting was an actual payment from a bank account, but the way that the information is being presented could also confuse some.

I am not confused and would not want anyone else, who has had £10 wrongly taken from their account, to feel anything other than anger.

For the avoidance of doubt and misunderstanding: I have had an email from EFL Digital informing me that I have been charged £10, that the billing date is 2020-9-12 (ugh) and that the payment will show up on my account as EFL Digital Ltd. That payment has indeed shown up on my account.

I am not blasé about this nonsense, I am not persuaded that the club is blameless and I am not impressed by the lack of reaction from both parties. GFC & EFL Digital have between them access to my bank account. They have shown that they cannot be trusted to manage my contract with them efficiently and fairly and neither has acknowledged that there is a problem or apologised. If this was any other exchange with any other organisation I would simply have terminated the business and requested my money back. As it is I have a ST with Gills that would be worthless without engagement with EFL Digital.

The chairman has said how much he appreciates us not requesting refunds. I wish I had. Logic and experience now tells us that it is unwise at least to commit money to our football club in advance. I would be way better off, my money would be safer and I would feel less of a mug had I just decided to buy access to games as and when. That group of "cusomers" has been far better treated.

I have not asked for a refund on last years season ticket as I am (still) awaiting a statement from the Club as to what they actually intend doing. I was not going to ask for the money back, but as the club are not keeping us informed( to the point of treating us with contempt) it's making me change my mind.

I have not asked for a refund on last years season ticket as I am (still) awaiting a statement from the Club as to what they actually intend doing. I was not going to ask for the money back, but as the club are not keeping us informed( to the point of treating us with contempt) it's making me change my mind.
Please only ask for a refund if you desperately need the money. Don’t do it to spite the club you support, due to a lack of communication.

Please only ask for a refund if you desperately need the money. Don’t do it to spite the club you support, due to a lack of communication.

I appreciate what you are saying Trev but consider this: your response is way more engaged and acceptable than that of the club. Two sentences and you have outperformed them. Any chance you could take over the matter?

Just so that some don’t get confused, your personal iFollow account details show a £10 payment whereas the email confirmation shows a £10 charge plus a £10 discount hence a net payment of £0. I realise that what some were reporting was an actual payment from a bank account, but the way that the information is being presented could also confuse some.
Nope, definitely been charged £10 to EFL accordingly to my credit card statement

I appreciate what you are saying Trev but consider this: your response is way more engaged and acceptable than that of the club. Two sentences and you have outperformed them. Any chance you could take over the matter?
Mate, I love putting myself forward for a PR role. The amount of times I’ve felt and said “All Scally/Boris/Jeremy Corbyn etc have to say is ... and this will all go away. It’s not even agreeing to anything”

The game. Had no real problem with iFollow and it was free or me :thumbup:
...So have any ST holders got any new voucher codes? We got one for the hull match that said it was a one time code, i think and have been expecting another one to be sent to me for the next league match. But ive not seen one sent out by email or post. Has anyone else got one yet?

Edit: just realised its an away match, so obviously no ifollow free voucher. Doh!

I hope when we are allowed back into stadiums, they take iFollow offline in the UK. Going to take a lot to get off my ass and go to the games, as I'm enjoying watching with a few beers if not!

I have waited a week so far for a response from ifollow, nothing. An automated response from the club then nothing. I have waved bye bye to the tenner and am wondering if my ST is now going to cost me an extra £230 for the season if I keep watching.

I have waited a week so far for a response from ifollow, nothing. An automated response from the club then nothing. I have waved bye bye to the tenner and am wondering if my ST is now going to cost me an extra £230 for the season if I keep watching.

I had an issue with iFollow and it took them a week to get back to me and sort out the problem - would have been a lot quicker for me to have rocked up at their offices in Preston. Not good enough, my (slightly flippant) response to wxgill above is a serious one - they clearly do not have enough staff. I`d think there must be plenty of custom rolling into iFollow - they, the EFL and Clubs need to get the poor service issues sorted asap, not good enough.

I hope when we are allowed back into stadiums, they take iFollow offline in the UK. Going to take a lot to get off my ass and go to the games, as I'm enjoying watching with a few beers if not!

Good point. There is a parallel with the 'Get back to the office' v 'Work from home' argument. Ifollow is great - no travelling / parking, comfort of home / beer, cheaper, no plebs, time saved. However going to a match gives you memories and is living a life.

If you suggest people get back to the office to help the economy you are soon howled down by the WFH militia. I suspect when crowds are back ifollow supporters will be quietly sniffed at (ex-pats etc excepted).

Good point. There is a parallel with the 'Get back to the office' v 'Work from home' argument. Ifollow is great - no travelling / parking, comfort of home / beer, cheaper, no plebs, time saved. However going to a match gives you memories and is living a life.

If you suggest people get back to the office to help the economy you are soon howled down by the WFH militia. I suspect when crowds are back ifollow supporters will be quietly sniffed at (ex-pats etc excepted).

I miss singing in full voice with the RE. My neighbours do too lol
It is less hassle to watch online, but can't beat a day out on the beer with mates, and The Gills winning. Would have loved Saturday being there!