ifollow/Sky Watching Online | Page 3 | Vital Football

ifollow/Sky Watching Online

Got my season video pass locked in. Have only purchased single games here and there previously cos it’s not always easy getting up to watch middle of the night. But knowing Gills are getting a lot of the money at a time they need it I don’t mind even if I don’t end up watching most games live.

Now Gills, you need to start playing some good stuff so I’m not falling asleep in bed at 2am. Don’t let me down 👍

Got my season video pass locked in. Have only purchased single games here and there previously cos it’s not always easy getting up to watch middle of the night. But knowing Gills are getting a lot of the money at a time they need it I don’t mind even if I don’t end up watching most games live.

Now Gills, you need to start playing some good stuff so I’m not falling asleep in bed at 2am. Don’t let me down 👍
Plastic!

Jeez OSK, you don't want much for your money do ya;)

Now that ifollow access appears to be generally sorted I merely left with my own incompetence to grapple with. A prize for the fan with the barmiest tale of floundering ineptitude. I'm missing the second half anyway so any early errors could prove terminal.

Now that ifollow access appears to be generally sorted I merely left with my own incompetence to grapple with. A prize for the fan with the barmiest tale of floundering ineptitude. I'm missing the second half anyway so any early errors could prove terminal.
I’ve bought an anycast dongle in the hope I can plug it into the TV and cast my iFollow phone app onto it, but if that fails then I’ve also bought my work laptop home😂

I’ve just got to work out how to be able to use anycast while keeping the Internet, as it looks like with anycast you may have to connect to it via WiFi.

I’ve bought an anycast dongle in the hope I can plug it into the TV and cast my iFollow phone app onto it, but if that fails then I’ve also bought my work laptop home😂

I’ve just got to work out how to be able to use anycast while keeping the Internet, as it looks like with anycast you may have to connect to it via WiFi.

I've tried a few if things to watch it on the TV. PlayStation, firestick, even my phone is supposed to cast. It finds the TV, but won't connect. The laptop does connect through HDMI to the TV, but I don't link the quality. I'm sticking with watching on the laptop, which pleases the missus, as she can watch Judge Judy...

Last edited:
I've tried a few if things to watch it on the TV. PlayStation, firestick, even my phone is supposed to cast. It finds the TV, but won't connect. The laptop does connect through HDMI to the TV, but I don't link the quality. I'm sticking with watching on the laptop, which pleases the missus, as she can watch Judge Judy...

HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV works perfectly. I've got mine set up like that now.

Edit - Sorry, didn't see the bit about you not liking the quality through HDMI!

HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV works perfectly. I've got mine set up like that now.

Edit - Sorry, didn't see the bit about you not liking the quality through HDMI!
It turns out my laptop doesn’t have an HDMI port, rather a DisplayPort. Sat watching it on my tiny laptop.

Did anyone find a way to cast it To a tv or is it not possible? I watched on my laptop

Did anyone find a way to cast it To a tv or is it not possible? I watched on my laptop
You can plug your laptop into one of the TV’s HDMI ports, but check to see what ports you have on your laptop first, as you’ll need the right cable/adapter. Laptops can be weird for connectivity.

Otherwise the other option is to cast from your smartphone or tablet to your TV. For anything other than normal music and YouTube the chances are you’ll need additional hardware (a dongle) to stick into your TV - Chromecast or Anycast being two. As I’m finding out it’s not so simple though.

You can plug your laptop into one of the TV’s HDMI ports, but check to see what ports you have on your laptop first, as you’ll need the right cable/adapter. Laptops can be weird for connectivity.

Otherwise the other option is to cast from your smartphone or tablet to your TV. For anything other than normal music and YouTube the chances are you’ll need additional hardware (a dongle) to stick into your TV - Chromecast or Anycast being two. As I’m finding out it’s not so simple though.

Me too! I have done the laptop to TV before, but the picture quality isn't that great. Maybe it just looks worse because it's on a big screen? I'm watching the game on Tuesday with a few beers, so need something wireless if I connect to the TV. I'm very clumsy when I get off the sofa if there's cables about!

I found the laptop HDMI link up with TV unsatisfactory and will watch on laptop next time. Some of my problems down to using private browsing mode (unaware I was). I have now been able to go back and watch some of it again, not good. Second goal as big a gift as the first. A baptism of fire for Medley & Maghoma; they will have to learn quickly.

I’ve got an android box on my TV. Got it from eBay for about £30. It works just like an iPhone, IPad or android phone - you download the iFollow app on the screen and it works perfectly for me. Picture quality is great. Has the added bonus that I can download ExpressVPN on it too, which works perfectly, so can watch overseas content in the UK and UK content abroad.

It has the added bonus that there are some other streaming apps in there which allows me to watch other live football and thing like PPV boxing.

Cheers all, yes was aware of the HDMI from laptop to TV option, but my laptop doesn’t have an HDMI port, they seem to exclude useful ports like these in effort to keep making the things slimmer!
I have an Apple TV, but I’m assuming the casting option is blocked by iFollow software. I guess it’s possible I could download the iFollow app straight onto the Apple TV and watch it from there without casting, which is what I do with BT Sport and Amazon Prime Video.

Quick trawl around various L1 forums, and we aren’t alone in all the iFollow problems over the weekend.

Lot of other clubs fans saying they had issues with logging on, not receiving their free code for S/T holders, or code being invalid. Not able to put in CC details etc etc.

And apparently some Pompey/Shrews fans were treated to the delights of Sunderland v Bristol Rovers for 15 mins.

Reports say they reckon Brandon was a right handful early doors 👍