iFollow self-help / FAQs | Page 9 | Vital Football

iFollow self-help / FAQs

The fact I registered for Bradford City ifollow tonight (albeit 20 minutes into the game) shows ifollow works- no issues. Using EXACTLY the same approach on the Lincoln City ifollow, clicking "subscribe" for the single day match took me back to my account details and nothing to allow me to progress.

Something is clearly wrong when Bradford City get my money and Lincoln don't but Saturday I'll be going straight to the MK Dons ifollow and listen to Hope and Glory on the radio at the same time.
iFollow money is split 50:50 between the clubs in cup games, so it made no difference. League games are different, all may go to Franchise FC depending on how many Imps sign up.

Like Greenneedle, I've been using iFollow match streams since they've been available in the UK, without any problems (so far). Buy each pass through the fixtures>live match centre>buy video pass with registered payment details, confirmation email arrives a short while later, but that is just a receipt.

Access the match stream via the club website, either via Teams>fixtures/results or if the day's match is on the front news page.

All works fine on laptop and Firefox browser.

Just an idea for those who seem to have problems with accounts, passwords etc it might be worth trying to start your browser of choice in private or incognito mode, that way it won't be using any saved cookies or form data etc which may be wrong and causing issues. For firefox click the menu in the top right (3 lines) and then 'New private window', for chrome click the 3 dots in the top right and select 'new incognito window'.

I stay logged in permanently to "weareimps.com." I use the same browser I have used for years (Chrome) on my laptop. I go to "weareimps.com" an am already logged in automatically. I use the same e-mail I have had for years. How many years? It is an ntlworld.com e-mail so it is just a few years old.

"Today's match" is normally the first section. I click on "visit the match cente." Click on watch live and it directs me to the subscription page. I go through the motions pay and it returns me to the live centre where I think I click "watch live" again and it whirrs into action.

I can understand the people having payment issues or other ifollow related problems but don't understand those finding it hard to find the stream. It is very easy to get to from the Club's website. Maybe it is harder to find on a phone or tablet? It is nicely laid out on the laptop screen.

Of the above there are obviously serious problems with the way ifollow processes payments as well as how it assesses "fraud attempts" / locking of accounts.

But for anyone struggling to find the live feed, just log into weareimps.com and it is easy to find the feed.

I wonder if the people who have had problems are doing the process through the clubs site or externally through ifollow or somewhere else?
It was my first time using ifollow tonight and I used the same process to gain access as yourself (weareimps.com) maybe I was lucky but, I had no problems whatsoever streaming the match on my iPad.

Been watching the Scunny game in the friendly, cup and the Oxford games on the iFollow app on my iPad. Then tonight there was no link or way of accessing the live stream. Only way I could get it to work was to reset my password.

The full Bradford game is now available in the app and I'm watching it on the phone.
However, none of the full replays are available in any browser.

Wish they would sort that one out.

I would also add and where possible plug your Cat 5, 6 or 7 Ethernet cable into your laptop from the router where possible it does make a difference if suffering from buffering. Then HDMI to TV.

By way of an update, I switched off the television and a couple of other wifi devices for the game against Bradford, and the iFollow stream was perfect - no delay, no buffering. Possibly a coincidence, perhaps not.

I hope you and your families are safe and well?

Amongst the madness, it is the new season eve and if I am totally honest, I have only just begun to get the normal new season excitement given the chaotic summer. I hope you too are starting to get the buzz?

It is of course a huge disappointment that fans are not permitted into the stadium, however rest assured we are working hard at our open stadium/reduced capacity operations plan for when we are allowed to welcome you back into the stadium. Trust me when I say this day can’t come soon enough!

I very much appreciate the various measures we have in place aren’t perfect, however I hope you can see our intentions with the refund, credit, code etc system(s) we have put in place. Any feedback you do have on this will of course be considered. Ideally this is provided by email to feedback@theredimps.com.

However, and most importantly, now the season is amongst us we need to ensure we get the technology working for each and every one of you ahead of the game tomorrow. I guess many of you have already have a play around with iFollow and have familiarised yourself with the layout, however if you have not I would certainly advise setting some time aside to do this ahead of the game.

Some of the more seasoned users should hopefully see some of the developments made to the system over the summer. This includes; improved graphics, enhanced HD quality and further stability measures that have been added into the platform, all of which are aimed to enhance the experience and improve reliability.

With this, I very much respect that anyone using iFollow for the first time, may find this daunting or even a frustrating experience. So, with this in mind I thought I’d start a thread to see if I or we can assist with any common issues you are facing when trying to use iFollow.

I am certainly not technical support, and can’t promise I am going to be looking at this thread every 10 minutes for the next 24 hours, however if you are having any issues do let me know and either through the power of this community or by me asking the right people at the club/iFollow I am sure we will be able to troubleshoot most problems.

Before I leave it open to you guys, please see below some hints and tips:

* Check the email you have registered with Ticketmaster for your code.
** Also note if you have made a typo in the email you have provided to Ticketmaster this will carryover into the address your iFollow code will be sent.

*Check your junk/promotions folder

Note: 90% of issues are solved by either of the above.

* Casting/mirroring/accessing via any other method other than laptop/tablet with HDMI cable into TV is not advisable. This may work for many, but the system is not built for this and can lead to problems.

* Make sure you click ‘apply’ when entering your season ticket code. Failure to do this means it will try and charge you.

* Wherever possible I’d recommend you hardwire your laptop/PC/device into your router. We had a few complaints from fans that were experiencing buffering issues on Saturday & Tuesday. Even if you do have super-fast broadband it can at times not provide the same speed via Wi-Fi. Anyone who has experienced buffering issues on Saturday/Tuesday, unfortunately this will be an issue with your network or device. We know this as the stream had no issues. Feel free to shout at BT, Virgin, Sky or whoever, but truth be told if your house had poor speed or intermittent dropouts then there is little that can be done ahead of the game tomorrow. A hardwire will go a long way to solving this.

Finally, don’t forget to tune into our new match day show. #MatchDayLive with Sam Ashoo from 1.30PM via our YouTube Channel, Twitter or Facebook page. Hopefully this will fill some of the void lost without the regular pre-match routine.

#UTI

Liam & all the team at LCFC
Liam, several of us on here are not getting a response to our various ifollow problems from ifollow@efl.com and I think last weekend you said you would be speaking to them ? We have home games coming up which I would like to watch with my free pass, which at the moment is not possible, did you make contact with them ?

I saw on Facebook someone had had an e-mail from Ifollow refunding £10 from Saturday as they had a season ticket and also paid, and they hadn’t even complained to Ifollow about it

Liam, several of us on here are not getting a response to our various ifollow problems from ifollow@efl.com and I think last weekend you said you would be speaking to them ? We have home games coming up which I would like to watch with my free pass, which at the moment is not possible, did you make contact with them ?

Hope to answer one point. Its not a free pass for season ticket holders. You will get a code (one time) that will give you access to home games one at a time.

I am due to catch up with the media team tomorrow but understand we have updated all on various matters via our website.

I’ll do my best to respond to the key points on this thread once I’ve had an update.

I plugged into a 32" tv today via HDMI cable (very high-tech and adventurous for me), and the picture was great. That was on the 'auto' setting for picture quality, so the 1080 thing is possibly not so important.

Today worked (via the EFL ifollow internet link to LCFC) like it did last season- smooth and seamless. First time this season so hopefully the teething issues have been resolved

I don't bother with auto. I go in and set it to 700 "3000" and that is the best balance between picture quality and smooth video (fPs)

Last edited:
As mentioned on the match thread I got the circular wheel of death, but clearing the cache fixed it (tbh that’s probably same effect as switching browser which is another fix advised)

I use Google for most things on the interweb except IFollow which I use Firefox for. It makes a massive difference having all those cookies and caches floating around preventing a good connection so if anyone suffers the circle of death, I'd suggest logging on another lesser used browser every time for it