IFollow codes | Page 2 | Vital Football

IFollow codes

Why could they not E-mail it to them in the first place then (save on postage at least (x, 000 season tickets holders x postage = a few bob I would guess))?

Why could they not E-mail it to them in the first place then (save on postage at least (x, 000 season tickets holders x postage = a few bob I would guess))?

I was thinking that - I guess there are 2-3000 ticket holders; even second class post is about 60p - times that by however many games we can't get in to the ground for and that sounds like a complete waste of money. They emailed out links for some of the friendlies, so surely the facilities are there to do it? And I still haven't got mine yet....

I was thinking that - I guess there are 2-3000 ticket holders; even second class post is about 60p - times that by however many games we can't get in to the ground for and that sounds like a complete waste of money. They emailed out links for some of the friendlies, so surely the facilities are there to do it? And I still haven't got mine yet....

My post has now turned up and I have received the said code. To be fair, further to the above, the letter does ask for full details, including email address, of the season ticket holder to receive the iFollow access going forward, so I presume that future codes will be sent out by email, which makes sense.

My post has now turned up and I have received the said code. To be fair, further to the above, the letter does ask for full details, including email address, of the season ticket holder to receive the iFollow access going forward, so I presume that future codes will be sent out by email, which makes sense.
Sounds like it's been very well managed 👍

While more costly, I wonder what would happen if they sent the code via e-mail but then either

a) the e-mail address on the system is either out of date
b) the person's e-mail programme identifies the e-mail as spam and it disappears

and therefore sections of the ST holders don't receive the code. I've signed up for plenty of stuff with the confirmation code getting lost and needed to be requested a few times.

I'm sure I read on one of the Facebook fan pages last night that someone had got an email telling them the code was in the post.

I've not seen an e-mail if true. Probably just as well that they did post it out.

I have just received mine with a request for me to email my details. Clearly more than 10 of us! Do we think they have mislaid/been unable to access/lost the employee who knew, all of the details of all of the ST holders?

Not too bothered now but why oh why have I got a doctor's appointment at 4.30 on Saturday over in Rochester? Daren't cancel, could be 6 months to get another. First half perhaps so I'm hoping for 2 early goals and a defensive shut out.

I have just received mine with a request for me to email my details. Clearly more than 10 of us! Do we think they have mislaid/been unable to access/lost the employee who knew, all of the details of all of the ST holders?

Not too bothered now but why oh why have I got a doctor's appointment at 4.30 on Saturday over in Rochester? Daren't cancel, could be 6 months to get another. First half perhaps so I'm hoping for 2 early goals and a defensive shut out.
I thought the 10 were essentially the ones they had no info for, not even address.

I thought the 10 were essentially the ones they had no info for, not even address.

Hmmmm... they asked for all details and listed them. Absurd as you suggest because they must have had my address and my email would provide that. I bet they have fouled up the database but they are also probably getting ready to target us with offers etc. No complaints from me now but I am having a quiet chuckle.

Hmmmm... they asked for all details and listed them. Absurd as you suggest because they must have had my address and my email would provide that. I bet they have fouled up the database but they are also probably getting ready to target us with offers etc. No complaints from me now but I am having a quiet chuckle.

Or it could be that they have e-mail addresses but they aren't sure which are still fully in use and being monitored. They probably don't care if a bit of junk mail offering you the chance of hiring a box for the next match went missing but with something like access codes? Worth baring in mind that the club might have paid for the codes in the first place.

If they did send out e-mail and any bounced then they'd need to work out who the failed address belonged to and then send a mail.

If it didn't bounce then the club would have no way of telling if the e-mail was in use or simply alive but unmonitored. They could ask people to confirm receipt of the mail but such is human nature that people will probably copy and paste the code into their browser and not reply to the mail.

It'll be interesting if there is someone monitoring the club e-mail account for people to complain on Saturday that they didn't have a code that the club could look up and e-mail back.

I hope your doctor's appointment goes well, and if you won't be able to use your code, I will use it for you. That's how kind I am 😊

More wasted effort. Think of the time it will take for someone to key in all the information in to a database - not to mention the inevitable typographical errors.

Would have been simple enough to provide everyone with a link to an online form to provide their contact details.

Quite prepared to give club benefit of the doubt over possible out of date email addresses per Baghdad_Rob and I have the code now. Let's hope it all works out and the club hoover up any problems but leaving it till after the first 2 competitive games and 2 days before the first league fixture is crazy. This was literally the first contact I have had from the club.

I'm racing home tomorrow from a week in Devon to get back to Rainham in time for the 3 O'clock KO. I'm trusting there is a letter from GFC on the doormat and that the instructions to log on to ifollow are quick and simple!?