ifollow : Codes for Saturday | Vital Football

ifollow : Codes for Saturday

Tarian

Vital Squad Member
I've just had an email with a Code.

The message from GFC includes:
"We understand that there were a few glitches with the EFLs’ platform as kick off approached and it became overwhelmed."

Has anyone with an issue vs Hull (or any other time) had a personal (not template) acknowledgement from either GFC or ifollow ?

After the 3rd attempt I had an email from GFC (Ben Reeves).
He acknowledged the problem in a friendly way including responding to my specific points.

Unfortunately no "solution" was offered. Not even a dedicated contact at ifollow.
"Unfortunately the club do not have any aspect in controlling the function and operation of the iFollow streaming platform so we can as a club can only report feedback."

Just wondered whether anyone got refunds for their £10 or new codes or anything.:oops:

Slightly off topic - but was it human error for the £10 that got deducted for those fans that entered coupons for iFollow?

Reason I asked is that when I bought a pass for the Stoke match, I noticed that there is a button labelled ‘Apply’ where you have to enter your coupon. And it also has some text along the lines of: ‘you MUST press the apply button to have the coupon accepted’. I wonder ether people might have inadvertently entered the coupon without clicking the apply button.

After the Hull game, around 5:30pm, I tried the same Code that had previously resulted in "Invalid Voucher".
Instead of a red warning, it turned green.
And below an "Apply" button appeared.(I'm sure it wasn't there before)

Just above the "Apply", it said:
Amount due £10
Voucher - £10 (minus)
Amount due £0.0 (i.e. nil)

To answer your Q.... I don't think that "Apply" appeared (or the "sum" above) if the Code was invalid, so I don't think that was human error.

I assumed that clicking "Apply" was necessary to watch (as it was after the game I did not).
So with the amount due saying £0.0 surely nothing should be debited.....
....unless there was a glitch ?

At last.....
Just received an email from ifollow (over 10 days days later !)

"We are sorry to hear that you had an issue redeeming your promo code for the game on 12th September 2020

As you missed this game we would like to offer you a promo code to watch your upcoming EFL Trophy game being played between the 29th September and 13th October free of charge.
(cont...)
"

Anyone else heard from ifollow ?

I have had two automated responses from different email addresses at ifollow. No advice on why I was incorrectly charged so far. Perhaps Tarian's experience suggests that the chap in the deck chair has finally woken up and is going through the emails one by one.

I have had two automated responses from different email addresses at ifollow. No advice on why I was incorrectly charged so far. Perhaps Tarian's experience suggests that the chap in the deck chair has finally woken up and is going through the emails one by one.

"Deck chair" in Preston ? !! o_O

I've still only had the automated response. For the Hull match I entered the code, discount £10 was applied but it still asked for card details. That's when the problem started as it came up error and couldn't continue. Tried a few times, eventually worked but I've been charged. Assume everyone has to put in card details even for £0?

I was entering the voucher code for the Blackpool game. I had just entered the first 3 digits when i pressed pay by accident and now I have an email confirming I have paid £10.
But it made me wonder if the people who ended up paying last time maybe made an error when typing the code.

No code for this wek's game yet. I followed instructions for Hull game but to no avail. I was wary on having to enter my bank details when I first registered, rightly so it turns out. I'm sure I made no error but if a number of people have that suggests the system wasn't that user friendly. I'm more of the opinion that ifollow have fouled up.

No code for this wek's game yet. I followed instructions for Hull game but to no avail. I was wary on having to enter my bank details when I first registered, rightly so it turns out. I'm sure I made no error but if a number of people have that suggests the system wasn't that user friendly. I'm more of the opinion that ifollow have fouled up.

Have you checked your email.

I still haven't got mine yet either, a 2 year season ticket and I can't even get ifollow for it.

Email arrived safely today. Code entered. Match ready to watch. Maybe it’s just me but I haven’t had any sort of problem. Yes, you do have to ‘pay‘ using your registered card, but by entering the discount code it tells you that you have a discount of £10 and that the charge is £0. You should then get a confirming email from EFL Digital that shows the £0 payment. The club also advises to do this in advance of the day of the match. Part of the problem (around the country) for the first round of matches was people waiting until the last minute which then overloaded the system.

That's useful Waldo, thanks. I got my code today, I'll have a go tomorrow rather than 2.55 on Saturday!

Got my code today. Entered it and got 'invalid code' same as for the Hull game.
No response from ifollow to my Hull complaint yet. Will try again tomorrow.

Got my code today. Entered it and got 'invalid code' same as for the Hull game.
No response from ifollow to my Hull complaint yet. Will try again tomorrow.
Not being funny but it seems a bit odd that the club would have sent you a non working code twice. The sequence that works for me is log onto the iFollow Gillingham site. When you do so and click on the Blackpool game, the payment screen should come up and show the payment options including the credit/debit card that you registered. Then fill in the code and press apply. Check the box with your Registered card details and press pay now. Is that the sequence you’ve followed ?

I've just had an email with a Code.

The message from GFC includes:
"We understand that there were a few glitches with the EFLs’ platform as kick off approached and it became overwhelmed."

Has anyone with an issue vs Hull (or any other time) had a personal (not template) acknowledgement from either GFC or ifollow ?

After the 3rd attempt I had an email from GFC (Ben Reeves).
He acknowledged the problem in a friendly way including responding to my specific points.

Unfortunately no "solution" was offered. Not even a dedicated contact at ifollow.
"Unfortunately the club do not have any aspect in controlling the function and operation of the iFollow streaming platform so we can as a club can only report feedback."

Just wondered whether anyone got refunds for their £10 or new codes or anything.:oops:
Yes, I had a problem for the Hull game. I was trying just before kick off, just wouldn't let me get on. So I watched it round ' chippy gill's ' house.

Still no code. I find it disappointing that some of those, who have had no problems, seek to find fault with how we have acted. I'm not sure what error I have made in following all the instructions to the letter and entrusting my bank details to two 3rd parties. It seems utterly understandable to me that an individual could have had repeated problems.

It could of course be that they have decided to stagger the delivery of codes in an effort to prevent problems. Perhaps I will receive my code in the next few hours and tomorrow's experience will be seamless. They still owe me £10.