ifollow : Codes for Saturday | Page 2 | Vital Football

ifollow : Codes for Saturday

Still no code. I find it disappointing that some of those, who have had no problems, seek to find fault with how we have acted. I'm not sure what error I have made in following all the instructions to the letter and entrusting my bank details to two 3rd parties. It seems utterly understandable to me that an individual could have had repeated problems.

It could of course be that they have decided to stagger the delivery of codes in an effort to prevent problems. Perhaps I will receive my code in the next few hours and tomorrow's experience will be seamless. They still owe me £10.
If that’s aimed at me, I’m sorry. I was trying to be helpful. Perhaps in the future I won’t bother.

Still no code. I find it disappointing that some of those, who have had no problems, seek to find fault with how we have acted. I'm not sure what error I have made in following all the instructions to the letter and entrusting my bank details to two 3rd parties. It seems utterly understandable to me that an individual could have had repeated problems.

It could of course be that they have decided to stagger the delivery of codes in an effort to prevent problems. Perhaps I will receive my code in the next few hours and tomorrow's experience will be seamless. They still owe me £10.
Also, to clarify. I wondered why people might be getting an invalid code error. My thought was that you can open the iFollow Gillingham subscription site without logging in. It occurred to me that if you tried to enter the code before logging in it might show the code as invalid. As a security measure the club would have linked the code to a specific login. Without being explicit I was trying to suggest that might be what was going wrong. If that offends you, I’m sorry.

Also, to clarify. I wondered why people might be getting an invalid code error. My thought was that you can open the iFollow Gillingham subscription site without logging in. It occurred to me that if you tried to enter the code before logging in it might show the code as invalid. As a security measure the club would have linked the code to a specific login. Without being explicit I was trying to suggest that might be what was going wrong. If that offends you, I’m sorry.

No offence taken. I haven't had an invalid code error, I just got charged. In my simple mind it should have been easy enough to construct a system where any ST holder could log in and they would be recognised and so allowed to watch the match. Anyone wanting to buy a game outside the ST would then be able to submit bank details in order to do so. Organisations are all to eager to snaffle details and all too slow to right wrongs.

I still haven't had a code sent through,
with games at the end of last season missed, a 2 year season ticket paid for that probably won't see the light of day, the least I expect is free ifollow.
Can't even get an answer from the club, maybe I should ask for a refund of all my money and just pay £10 a match.

The club
with games at the end of last season missed, a 2 year season ticket paid for that probably won't see the light of day, the least I expect is free ifollow.
Can't even get an answer from the club, maybe I should ask for a refund of all my money and just pay £10 a match.

The club tweeted a short while ago that they are still working through sending the codes.

And if you haven’t recieved one by 3pm email ticketoffice@priestfield.com

Apart from not sending the code, it seems that most of the problems are down to the EFL (iFollow), not GFC.

Don`t think that GFC fans are the only ones dissatisfied, it seems that there`s a lot of unhappy punters. iFollow needs to have a quick look at itself and maybe revisit their website to iron out the lack of clarity surrounding code redemption.

It`s not fair that people like yourself, jogills and many others are being messed about. EFL should get a wiggle on and simplify some of their processes.

Further clarification on twitter so now don't contact oiver missing code till 10am tomorrow:

" Many have received their codes and we thank those for informing us they have arrived, however, there will still be a few that do not receive them due to glitches in the batch email system used.

As a result, if you have not received your code by 10am on Saturday September 26, you need to do the below:

Our team will then, provided you are a season ticket holder, send back a fresh code via email which you can then redeem to watch the match, which will have full graphics and match commentary from BBC Radio Kent."

I shall certainly be reading those instructions with a magnifying glass and making note of any updates.

I see on here and on Twitter that people seem to be receiving their codes by email at different times.

Surely they haven’t got someone in the office manually sending out emails?

It must be a 30 minute job to send out 2500 emails with unique codes if they simply used a basic CRM or even email mail-merge???

I see on here and on Twitter that people seem to be receiving their codes by email at different times.

Surely they haven’t got someone in the office manually sending out emails?

It must be a 30 minute job to send out 2500 emails with unique codes if they simply used a basic CRM or even email mail-merge???

Problems with batch emailing is the official excuse. I suspect the old chap in the deck chair in Preston is the entire workforce for both ifollow and the clubs.

Problems with batch emailing is the official excuse. I suspect the old chap in the deck chair in Preston is the entire workforce for both ifollow and the clubs.

Probably more of an issue of basic IT competency and, as I’ve previously said, underinvestment is basic systems.