Ifollow charge update | Vital Football

Ifollow charge update

Colburn

Vital Reserves Team
I had an email from EFL yesterday asking for the code for the Hull game I was wrongly charged for. Anyone else heard anything?

No. They are useless. Last week I had my code from the club, but when I went on it you have to put in a credit debit card number then you can put in your code. I hadn't used the card facility before ,I have used PayPal. As soon as I selected PayPal it immediately took my £10 and wouldn't let me put in my code. I've emailed 6 times now and phoned 3 times. No joy whatsoever. Bashing my head against a brick wall

I have received no acknowledgement other than an automated response which bounced back straight away and two further emails from different sources with the usual blah blah. Unsurprisingly I did not retain the code, which I used for the Hull game.

Similar, got f***** over by the Blackpool game. Asked for a refund, FA to date other than standard E-mail responses. Looks like EFL and IFollow are well suited :tongue:

I will pay more attention next week but I am sure I put my code in and click apply before my credit card details. I am sure I have always seen the -£10 discount applied before entering my details .

Just subscribed for todays game. Dull/wet day outside, light the log burner and a nice pot of coffee. I could get used to this for away games I don't go to.

If I remember correctly, you have to enter your credit card details before you enter the code.

Yes, this is what happened for me. It asked for my credit card details, then my STH code. I ended up getting a receipt emailed to me for a 0.00 charge to my credit card. I can see why there is confusion and others end up being debited money.

The system is clearly flawed. I can’t understand why they need your credit card details if you have a free voucher. I also question when this is lawful under data protection and other laws. It’s certainly unnecessary and probably unethical.

So finally I have an answer from someone that actually refers to my having been charged £10 on September 12th. I am less than impressed, I haven't got my code for Saturday and I anticipate having to request one hours before the game. This year's season ticket was a waste of money and has become a source of fortnightly irritation. I'm sure I could devise better ways to dissuade a fan from purchasing but it might take some time.

This from ifollow, finally:

"
Hi Jo,

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.

Apologies for the technical difficulties you experienced on the 12th of September.

You would have to contact your club directly regarding your access / promo code for the 12th of September for season ticket holders.

Regards,

Zinathi
iFollow Support "

Remember that I received an automated acknowledgement from the club 3 weeks ago and nothing since.

I've given up on it now. I did have another response saying there hadn't been a charge to my email address but we used my son's account and it's all so long winded I can't be bothered any more as I've had no problems since (apart from the site now being under maintenance). Have you checked your junk folder for this week's code?

I've given up on it now. I did have another response saying there hadn't been a charge to my email address but we used my son's account and it's all so long winded I can't be bothered any more as I've had no problems since (apart from the site now being under maintenance). Have you checked your junk folder for this week's code?

Yep checked everywhere. I too have lost interest in the process but I'm resigned to having to chase my code up. If I get sick of doing that I'm an ex supporter.

It looks like this cockup has effected quite a few Gillingham supporters (guess it's the same with other clubs).

The suggestion of entering the code first, then payment did not work for me (Blackpool) although it did for the Hull game.

The enter payment details immediately generated a payment before I could enter the promotional code or confirm purchase. It just looks like a bollocks web site to me. Not to worry, guess that the EFL need the money and are not too worried about adverse publicity :hammer:

Last edited:
I will pay more attention next week but I am sure I put my code in and click apply before my credit card details. I am sure I have always seen the -£10 discount applied before entering my details .

Just subscribed for todays game. Dull/wet day outside, light the log burner and a nice pot of coffee. I could get used to this for away games I don't go to.

Just subscribed for Oxford. I enter my code first, click apply and see the £10 discount applied. I then enter my card details and get "charged" £0. Its not intuitive as the credit card section comes before the code section but it definitely allows you to put the code in and click apply first.

To those being charged give that a try.

My code came early this week - Tuesday.

I have never had a problem with the £10 charge, my problem is I never get the code without chasing them up. Still waiting for this one.

I tweeted the club and have received zero reaction but the club have obliquely acknowledged that there have been problems by posting new instructions:

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2020/october/redeem-season-ticket-code/

Not as clear as those provided on this MB but some small progress. I haven't received a code yet and anticipate sending my first email at 10.01 am tomorrow.

It's not the initial tenner that bugs me it's the stupid messing about so that I don't know until the last minure whether:

a) I will be able to watch the game at all
b) I will be double charged for the privilege.

Last edited:
Just sent my first email requesting a code for today's game. This will be very tedious for those, who are accessing games smoothly, but it does matter. I'm happy to pass on the half dozen or so games last season and the Hull £10 fiasco but the ongoing problems have consequences. A season ticket is a commitment but if it actually costs more than signing up game by game AND is more aggravating to use why would you bother.

Victory**************
Code received and worked without additional charge being applied.

Just need the team to win now. :party:

Still waiting for mine. My daughter has sent me hers because her husband has one too. If it wasn't for that I'd be attending a non league game.

Just sent my first email requesting a code for today's game. This will be very tedious for those, who are accessing games smoothly, but it does matter. I'm happy to pass on the half dozen or so games last season and the Hull £10 fiasco but the ongoing problems have consequences. A season ticket is a commitment but if it actually costs more than signing up game by game AND is more aggravating to use why would you bother.

The Club and EFL need to acknowledge the damage poor management of iFollow is creating. Simply not good enough; ST holders are the life blood of EFL clubs - sort it out EFL and GFC - for goodness sake communicate effectively with Fans.

... Edit - Just seen your update Jogills - but my post still stands, not good enough.