ifollow, blackouts and its future | Vital Football

ifollow, blackouts and its future

The match is on Sky and therefore not available on i Follow in UK, presumably it's available outside UK. I have been wondering if things will revert to the old way post pandemic or if club's realise that this system is quite a lucrative way of doing things particularly for away games, though I'm not sure how the money generated by i follow is shared between them & the club. However my money is on things going back to the old system.

The match is on Sky and therefore not available on i Follow in UK, presumably it's available outside UK. I have been wondering if things will revert to the old way post pandemic or if club's realise that this system is quite a lucrative way of doing things particularly for away games, though I'm not sure how the money generated by i follow is shared between them & the club. However my money is on things going back to the old system.

I would like things to stay. Obviously tho i want the majority of that 10quid to go forest.

Lets face it, being able to watch on tv, while helpful for watching the team, is never and will never be a substitute for attending a match in person. Cant imagine less people would go so its a no brainer for me to create a revenue stream.

I guess showing home games could affect attendance. Surely though at least away games should be a permanent fixture ? I think I've watched every game , even the ones that aren't included in the season ticket package, whereas I haven't been to an away game for years.

Really miss the atmosphere of a crowd, but must admit for how we are playing at the moment, I'm thankful I'm only wasting two hours per game, rather than the four it normally takes, plus you don't have to sit out in the cold !

The blackout list has loads of games on, but clearly we should be getting all home games plus midweek away games. According to the Forest email tomorrows game is a "re-scheduled Saturday game !".

I'm confused now.

I got an email from Forest at 10.48 this morning saying

"Forest meet Stoke City on Tuesday (kick-off 8.00pm) and every kick is available on iFollow Forest for £10".

If it's on NowTV instead it won't matter, except I'll have to put up with Sky commentary instead of Radio Nottingham. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow and see what's on offer.

Got an email from Forest a couple of days ago refunding me £10 because this match is not part of the season ticket package,

Just had another email from them saying don't miss Forest v Stoke on ifollow, so it IS on ! Guess at least it gives you the option as to whether or not to spend the £10.

The EFL have informed us that tomorrow's game away to Stoke City (Tuesday, kick-off 8.00pm) was originally scheduled as a weekend away fixture. As such, it cannot be included as part of your free season card iFollow entitlement, but you can still watch every kick on iFollow Forest for £10.

To off-set this disappointing news, the Club will update your ticket office credit account with a £10 bonus payment instead.

Supporters based in the UK and overseas can watch the full 90 minutes with live commentary provided by BBC Radio Nottingham.

Sent me the email above, but I only have an audio option for £2.50 on my account ? Can listen to it on Radio Nottingham for free anyhow !

The EFL have informed us that tomorrow's game away to Stoke City (Tuesday, kick-off 8.00pm) was originally scheduled as a weekend away fixture. As such, it cannot be included as part of your free season card iFollow entitlement, but you can still watch every kick on iFollow Forest for £10.

To off-set this disappointing news, the Club will update your ticket office credit account with a £10 bonus payment instead.

Supporters based in the UK and overseas can watch the full 90 minutes with live commentary provided by BBC Radio Nottingham.

Can we ??

Im starting toi feel cheated and prob wont renew fully next year. I was always aware of blackouts but when a game is blacked out to forest fans (who cant even attend) cos its streamed on fookin sports in OZ channels then its not on. SKY yes, we get it, but BEIN n all that, no way,

Managed to watch it on Sky, but presumably the Stoke season ticket holders got it on ifollow. I would rather watch on ifollow in the delusion that my money will get back to Forest, rather than be used by Sky to give money to overpaid Premier players. (As opposed to overpaid Championship players!).

Personally, I hate ifollow - quality is woeful, it's around a minute behind and if you forget to turn off notifications on your phone, you know that something has happened ahead of the coverage.

Furthermore, I think it's poor value for money - hate to say this but Rams TV is cheaper & better quality, covering all of their games.

I was prepared to let the club keep the money from last season and renewed in full for 4x season tickets in March, but opted for no refund, hoping the ballot option would mean a chance of watching a game at the CG ..... struggling to justify spunking another £1k+ for something as shite next season, could be that it's because Forest are so shit and I'm invariably in a bad mood after watching them.

Could be that I'm just a bit flat with working flat out, with f'all to look forward to and after such a shit 2020 (for everything other than work).

Happy New Year!

Im starting toi feel cheated and prob wont renew fully next year. I was always aware of blackouts but when a game is blacked out to forest fans (who cant even attend) cos its streamed on fookin sports in OZ channels then its not on. SKY yes, we get it, but BEIN n all that, no way,

Wouldnt this depend which country you live i.e. Sky blackouts are necessary in the UK and Ireland, and presumably BeIn is the same logic if you're in the United States, for example?

Personally, I hate ifollow - quality is woeful, it's around a minute behind and if you forget to turn off notifications on your phone, you know that something has happened ahead of the coverage.

Furthermore, I think it's poor value for money - hate to say this but Rams TV is cheaper & better quality, covering all of their games.

I was prepared to let the club keep the money from last season and renewed in full for 4x season tickets in March, but opted for no refund, hoping the ballot option would mean a chance of watching a game at the CG ..... struggling to justify spunking another £1k+ for something as shite next season, could be that it's because Forest are so shit and I'm invariably in a bad mood after watching them.

Could be that I'm just a bit flat with working flat out, with f'all to look forward to and after such a shit 2020 (for everything other than work).

Happy New Year!

The EFL notifications are a proper nuisance, when coupled with the problems you flag with iFollow.

Happy New Year!

It depends which Sky match it is. Guess the main match coverage is better, but my son watched a red button game, and said he got no action replays, which I was getting on ifollow.

Also allows us to watch away games, which I normally wouldn't see , plus saves a couple of hours of driving/walking to the ground (and I only live about 5 miles away!).

Wonder if away games will be a permanent fixture, or will all our games go back into a UK blackout ?

It depends which Sky match it is. Guess the main match coverage is better, but my son watched a red button game, and said he got no action replays, which I was getting on ifollow.

Also allows us to watch away games, which I normally wouldn't see , plus saves a couple of hours of driving/walking to the ground (and I only live about 5 miles away!).

Wonder if away games will be a permanent fixture, or will all our games go back into a UK blackout ?
Completely agree about that the sky "red button" coverage, it's mediocre at best, and the i follow is much better (shame about the teams performances).
It would be nice to think that even when things are back to normal the away fixtures coverage might continue, the last away fixtures I managed were both at Grimsby one we finished with 9 men and lost 2-4 under Platt I think the other a 0-0 draw when we had already clinched promotion

Wouldnt this depend which country you live i.e. Sky blackouts are necessary in the UK and Ireland, and presumably BeIn is the same logic if you're in the United States, for example?
Sure, I hear what youre saying on the logical front but it isnt that situation.
When I pay for the contract it lists potential blackouts that may be on, pretty much same as you guys, SKY for example. But it certainly doesnt list potential blackouts like last week where it was literally only on Australian tv. By this particular logic they might show each game in a different country every week, India, Oz, Russia, China and I dont get to see any of them, despite signing up to a 'expected' amount of games. Its getting borderline now whether I get more free feeds than paid ones which isnt the best way to promote ifollows 'dont use pirate stream' infommercials

Surely there is some logic in at least continuing to show away games ? I can't believe that this would have a major impact on our away following. You would think there would be less blackouts outside the UK though, and certainly only in the country where you have alternative paid viewing of the game.

Completely agree. Showing away games on i follow would be a good way forward and open up an extra revenue stream for the club. I would suspect however that this doesn't sit too well with Sky & the silly 3 pm kick off rule that they have, which is now well past it's sell by date

Surely there is some logic in at least continuing to show away games ? I can't believe that this would have a major impact on our away following. You would think there would be less blackouts outside the UK though, and certainly only in the country where you have alternative paid viewing of the game.

How would the clubs/ifollow/authorities stop, taking today's game as an example, a PNE fan from creating a Forest account, paying £10 for the match and depriving Preston of matchday in-the-ground revenue?

I would imagine, the Uefa relaxation of "3pm-5.30pm saturday games" will be temporary for the length of the pandemic.

Completely agree. Showing away games on i follow would be a good way forward and open up an extra revenue stream for the club. I would suspect however that this doesn't sit too well with Sky & the silly 3 pm kick off rule that they have, which is now well past it's sell by date

Its not a Sky rule, its a rule of Uefa's broadcast rights within those leagues that have agreed to that law.