iFollow attendances | Vital Football

iFollow attendances

blueworm

Vital Youth Team
Andy Holt (Accrington owner) has posted some subscriber stats from iFollow via Twitter. They're quite interesting if you want to understand the financial impact of this crazy season. For example, he says they had gate receipts of £6,000 from the home game with Rochdale when they'd normally expect £70,000.

I know Accrington don't have the biggest supporter base but the numbers are slightly lower than I'd expected. 20201022_194259.jpg

Quite interesting that. Even if you factor in those using the ST vouchers they're really low.

I guess people don't rate the loss of match experience plus I'd guess that lots of people simply plan stuff where they'd otherwise allocate it to going to games.

£70k would be 3,500 fans paying £20 each. As Accy get about 2,700 average attendance, including ST holders, the £70k comparison is a bit unfair to ifollow. Acc Stanley will already have the fans ST money. It is only actual matchday ticket sales that should be compared, I believe.

£70k would be 3,500 fans paying £20 each. As Accy get about 2,700 average attendance, including ST holders, the £70k comparison is a bit unfair to ifollow. Acc Stanley will already have the fans ST money. It is only actual matchday ticket sales that should be compared, I believe.
You're right about ST sales and he's probably exaggerating for effect. Catering and Corporate revenue is material though and part of the difference.

Very interesting, thanks Blueworm.

Looking at the table, the "home" club, may receive a tenner-a-time in relation to an agreed number of "would be away fans" or "agreed subs" - from visiting clubs. But they only get the payment if the away club sell enough iFollow game-subs to cover the "agreed subs".

When an away club sells more than the "agreed subs" the away club pocket the difference at £10 a time (gross) over the agreed subs. For example, the agreed Peterborough away following (agreed subs) to Accrington was 645 fans. Posh sold 1,123 game-subs so £6450 went to Accy and Posh took just under £5K (if i`ve worked that out correctly).

When Accy visited Wimbledon the agreed subs was 200. As Accy only sold 186 x iFollow game-subs, they didn`t get any extra cash.

So it appears, that for Sunderland (eg), if we agreed 2000 visiting fans then GFC would get 20K extra from iFollow - provided that Sunderland sold more than 2000 iFollow subs. You`d expect that they`d sell many more than 2K so would pocket the difference, even though they`d be the away club.

On this basis though, you can see why Accrington don`t get much iFollow income from away games. In the three itemised their iFollow purchases wasn`t as much as the agreed Accy "away following" so they got nothing extra. Only at Ipswich, where Accy`s iFollow purchases outnumbered the agreed away subs, did they actually get something - £580 from their 58 person surplus.

Wonder whether the "agreed subs" are reviewed regularly to take into account a table-topping club`s extra away following ?

From memory the agreed subs is based on average recent away followings the away team have taken to that club.

Not sure quite how they do it for teams just promoted/relegated who haven't played each other for a while.