If you were Shearer.... | Vital Football

If you were Shearer....

McCreery

Vital 1st Team Regular
What would you say to Bruce?

What would you genuinely say to a good mate who was making a balls of it?

I’ve got little doubt that in private Shearer has told Bruce straight because they’re mates. Mates tend to be the harshest of critics. However, you take into account money and not wanting to shame mates in public, it all becomes a farce.

I don't even think they are mates. Not close ones anyway. Probably speak in passing if truth be known.

A quote from Shearer about warning Bruce off the job...

“I was out for dinner with Steve Bruce three weeks ago,” he said.

“It was just after Rafa Benitez had left Newcastle and we spoke about what he should do if he was approached and offered the job.

“My advice to him that night was simple: ‘No, no, no, don’t take it.’

“I said: 'Why are you going to be any different to Keegan or Benitez? If you take it, you must be mad because you know how it works there.'

“But Steve is his own man and I respect that. I can’t tell him what to do, even though he is a good friend of mine.

No surprise that Chump Charnley has disappeared off the grid and Ashley as well. What a way to run a club.

They're *****, they've always been ***** and always will be *****.

Everyone was told what will fucking happen but oh no they didn't listen. Too busy bigging up Bruce doing better than Rafa bollocks despite having some of the luckiest results ever after being pretty much battered for 3/4's of the game.

People desperate for one of the 10,000 free season tickets so they can take selfies in the ground while watching shit football.

Then most people were wanking themselves silly at the new signings, even talk of Europe was mentioned. Hahaha fucking idiots!

A quote from Shearer about warning Bruce off the job...

“I was out for dinner with Steve Bruce three weeks ago,” he said.

“It was just after Rafa Benitez had left Newcastle and we spoke about what he should do if he was approached and offered the job.

“My advice to him that night was simple: ‘No, no, no, don’t take it.’

“I said: 'Why are you going to be any different to Keegan or Benitez? If you take it, you must be mad because you know how it works there.'

“But Steve is his own man and I respect that. I can’t tell him what to do, even though he is a good friend of mine.

I stand corrected but if that's true then it just shows Broocey to be as bad as Parsnip, Kinnear or Charnley in being a corrupt puppet.

Shearer reckons Bruce is being hung out to dry. My heart bleeds. If Bruce hasn't got the balls to resign, which everyone knows he hasn't, then he deserves everything coming his way. I just want him to be remembered for exactly what he is and he's doing a great job of that so far.

Shearer reckons Bruce is being hung out to dry. My heart bleeds. If Bruce hasn't got the balls to resign, which everyone knows he hasn't, then he deserves everything coming his way. I just want him to be remembered for exactly what he is and he's doing a great job of that so far.
Yes he is making a complete fool of himself that’s fine but also us as supporters as well which is far from fine.

They're all complicit Benitez and Shearer included. Everyone post Keegan's second spell is. All except Chris Hughton, I give Hughton a pass as he was simply a coach who'd been there since Keegan was manager and was left in the situation of trying to make it work. The fact he did is all the more to his credit as look how many have failed since.

Bruce is just like Pardew and McClaren was when under pressure. They'll moan about it but they never walk as they miss out on the Newcastle United lottery. I'm sure as well that Ashley includes some sort of bottom three clause as that's the only time that he seems to act.

Yes he is making a complete fool of himself that’s fine but also us as supporters as well which is far from fine.

Not really sure what you mean by that as I couldn't tell you one person who wanted him here in the first place. I don't think Bruce is fooling anyone but himself now as he's lost a lot of support in the media. Sheff utd was the last straw for me. The takeover is not happening so I want us to go down and Ashley to lose a fortune. That'll put Bruce in the history books for all the wrong reasons.

I just worry that we could be stuck in the Championship for years but if it gets rid of Ashley I guess that would be the way forward. My problem is that I hate seeing the team struggling. I should be used to it by now😁

I don't care what league SDU ends up in, if it gets rid of that fat lying **** then it will be NUFC again. It might not be Saudi owners will unlimited resources to challenge the top 6 cartel. Leicester being an example of having ambition without spending the amounts of money the big 6 have!

Maybe it's related to this thread, maybe not but if you put the last few years in context:

Schteeve McClaren got roughly a £75m net spend to relegate us.

Rafa broke even in 3 seasons, publicly against his wishes, to steady a sinking ship and promote us, not to mention provide a potential strong foundation for years to come (as long as investment followed).

Cabbage nose has been allowed a net spend of about £65m so far in his year and a bit to ruin Rafa's work and abuse our eyesight with arguably the worst football we have witnessed in our lives.

NONE OF IT MAKES ANY SENSE.

Ashley's entire ownership doesn't make any sense, repeating the same "mistakes" over and over again. Getting mouthpiece Charnley to spout off some PR bullshit by Bishop each time. We are sorry for this, that and we need to communicate more blah blah blah then back to square one.

The sheep are just as complicit in all this, they could've organised mass protests and boycotts instead of pointless meetings with Chumpley before heading off to the match. Renewing season tickets out of habit because they don't want to be roped into going shopping with the wife.

Then you've got idiots like Wraith who fancies himself as a local hero do their own thing as they want to be a legend in their own right rather than coming together and fighting as a unit. When he isn't wanking himself silly over pictures of the Sayers.

It will be interesting to see how many tossers troop back to the Sports Direct Arena when all this is over.