If you walk into any bar, anywhere in the world. | Page 2 | Vital Football

If you walk into any bar, anywhere in the world.

Had some excellent beers in Cleveland from the Great Lakes Brewery. Highly recommend the Elliot Ness.
Scotland is awful. It's virtually all lager.
I like real beer so I'm spoilt living so close to Bull and Bladder and Ma Pardoes.

Belgium, surely?

The only reason Germany never invaded Britain was because the beer is so crap.

As for America: why is sexual intercourse in a canoe like American beer?

They are both f***ing near to water.

Having been to Belgium, Germany, Holland and the US, many times on the piss as well as all round the med - I reckon the best place to drink is Ireland.

The only place that comes close to the pub lifestyle in Ireland is Britain, anywhere else is miles behind. To be honest out in the sticks Britain and Ireland are identical, the local boozer is still centre of the community and a comforting and fun place 7 days a week.

I went to some great atmospheric bars travelling in Europe this year. Some great beers along the way.
Augustiner Helles in Munich....good smooth lager at 5.2%
Krusovice in Prague
Lezajsk, Lech, Zywiec in Poland. All brilliant beers, far, far better than our Carling Black Label lol
Also went to some old traditional communist era Vodka bars in Krakow....shots of clear Vodka with a fresh salted Herring from the Baltic sea....unusual combination, but amazing taste. Although its not recommended to mix too many Vodkas with the Lager, it gives a killer hangover!!
http://euro-by-rail.blogspot.co.uk/

The beer in Ireland is crap James..Smithicks tastes like slop, Heineken is just as bad, so that leaves just Guinness. Sorry but not a patch on Germany.

What's it like it Holland, Scandinavia, Luxembourg(biggest beer drinkers in the world) and the Czech republic?

Green Tea - 15/11/2013 11:46

The beer in Ireland is crap James..Smithicks tastes like slop, Heineken is just as bad, so that leaves just Guinness. Sorry but not a patch on Germany.

To be honest mate, I'm a lager drinker (when i get the chance thesedays!).
If I go in my local there is a host of ales, but i go for carling because it's the cheapest and I'm happy with it.
I'm actually thankful to myself that I'm not a foody or a drink connosuier - I like nice food and drink, and I can tell an expensive drop and appreciate what has been done well and prepared expertly - but I aint arsed to give a shit about it really.

I'd much rather an independant, cosy local boozer with a good atmosphere and good clientele flogging carling black label, than a connosuiers choice of ale served in a shit pub or bar.

Infact I'd say the suroundings make the beer taste better anyway - it certainly goes down quicker!!

Oh, and back to the irish boozer thing: I like Harp! :7: