If you prefer the old site | Vital Football

If you prefer the old site

Baghdad_Rob

Vital 1st Team Regular
then it is still up and functioning at

http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=5

There is probably a redirect code to automatically move you over to here that isn't working for all. As the web address is different then you might need to update your bookmark.

But if everyone does have issues with this site then there is nothing technically stop people from still posting on the other site. Vital will probably close the old site at some point although it would be an interesting decision if people only posted on the old site and if they wanted to close a popular site for a non-used one.

I've no real desire to go back. This one is about same a last one, maybe a few improvements.

But when I click on that link it goes straight back to this forum anyway.

The new layout is a pig to navigate on my mobile with the ads randomly jumping he forum around and the number of times I have tried to hit a thread link and someone managed to open a new window to the sponsors is amazing.

And at work on Internet Explorer if I have my zoom at normal 100% then when I go into treads the screen positions itself halfway down the thread in the middle of the conversation and I can't scroll up or down. The only fix is to zoom out to 50% size and really small writing before I am able to do anything.

It seemed to work briefly ok last night on Firefox.

Unless things are different once I log on to my work computer ill be using this one. A slight improvement overall. A couple of niggles to iron out but overall an improvement.

What is all this about adverts? I've not seen one. I assumed it might have been because I had Adblock installed, tried turning it off yesterday to see what it was like, and I still didn't see any adverts

Adblock should tell you how many ads have been blocked at the top right hand side in a red symbol 'ABP'. it tells me this page has 7 blocked ads. The old site was only about 2.
Unfortunately this site has not been user-tested before being released. I think it is awful and I do not believe that changes to the old site could not have been made. This, in my mind, has all been about making more money from more adverts.
For example what tells you this site has anything to do with supporting Gills? At least the old site was in blue and white. incidentally Rob, I used your link to the old site, but it only opened this one. I have just been advised by the spell checker that I have spelt the word 'incidentally' wrong by underlining it in red.
Try testing the site properly before putting it live. I will not be using this one as often as the old site. I might even go back to the original site.

Adblock should tell you how many ads have been blocked at the top right hand side in a red symbol 'ABP'. it tells me this page has 7 blocked ads. The old site was only about 2.
Unfortunately this site has not been user-tested before being released. I think it is awful and I do not believe that changes to the old site could not have been made. This, in my mind, has all been about making more money from more adverts.
For example what tells you this site has anything to do with supporting Gills? At least the old site was in blue and white. incidentally Rob, I used your link to the old site, but it only opened this one. I have just been advised by the spell checker that I have spelt the word 'incidentally' wrong by underlining it in red.
Try testing the site properly before putting it live. I will not be using this one as often as the old site. I might even go back to the original site.

Let me get this right razor pound...you use an ads blocker but youre moaning about how many ads it has to block?

This site is in blue and white for me.

Re the user testing. If you read the admins posts its been tested and even implemented on other clubs already. So your patronising quibble about testing as if youre some IT expert (clearly youre not) is quite frankly a load of balls.

The site is in blue n white for me too.
Also the league table (below the threads) highlights Gills.
And just noticed at the bottom is a link block to all things Gills on the OS, including ticketing, news, upcoming games etc. That's gotta be a good thing hasn't it?

The site is in blue n white for me too.
Also the league table (below the threads) highlights Gills.
And just noticed at the bottom is a link block to all things Gills on the OS, including ticketing, news, upcoming games etc. That's gotta be a good thing hasn't it?

No. We don't like change. :ROFLMAO:

Overall I think this new site seems to be a little better .Just post this picture from a few months back to see how it works. 20171111_145927.jpg

I posted last night on the old site after coming back in from the game. I was replying to a thread which questioned why there was no thread about the game. Now that thread has not been transferred to the new site and I don't know why, as some have.

Also, you say to click on the link to take you to the old site, but it doesn't, it brings you back to this one. So can someone tell me how to access the old site and why haven't all current threads been transferred across to the new one please.

I posted last night on the old site after coming back in from the game. I was replying to a thread which questioned why there was no thread about the game. Now that thread has not been transferred to the new site and I don't know why, as some have.

Also, you say to click on the link to take you to the old site, but it doesn't, it brings you back to this one. So can someone tell me how to access the old site and why haven't all current threads been transferred across to the new one please.

The admin bloke put up a message saying that posts after 9pm wouldn't be transferred. I don't know if you're suggesting that some posts after 9 were carried over. But it will generally be down to when the Database behind the old site was copied and fed into the database behind the new site. The admin suggested the copy would have been taken at 9am.

Well I replied to a thread that was posted at 8:40 yesterday morning. When I looked today the original post was still there but the replies weren't, which makes the post pretty meaningless really.

I still can't access the original site btw.