If you build it, they will come. | Vital Football

If you build it, they will come.

Spursex

Alert Team
Poch has laid bare the strategy. For most of us, this won't be a revelation, but it does confirm what I've always said about the Strategy behind the build was to 'finally' close the financial gap between us and our Top 6 rivals.

“First of all we need to finish the stadium and build the trophy cabinet,” the 46-year-old said. “And when all is ready and settled is the moment to say ‘we can win now’.​
“At [that] moment it will show we are a big team, with big facilities and a venue that is one of the best. There will not be an excuse afterwards. It is no use having a massive house but being unable to put furniture inside. Or if I have a cow and no grass.”​

Of course, some will still focus on what they deem as an unacceptable debt that has to be repaid to the funders.

I'd say they are thinking and working in blissful ignorance, and I understand why they are always prone to be half-empty types..

Personally, I think it's easily and readily able to be resolved, but what I believe will be the true fee paying point for the MB's; namely an institutional placing of shares that could raise as much as 5-600 mill of which perhaps 3-400 of it could be used to pay down debt.

Having had sight of projections, we'll be on track in two-three years times of an uplift of 150-200 mill in NET revenues (perhaps more) after long term funding repayments are put in place.

For those of you who don't have access or info on this stuff, the appetite for PL investments, is once again strong amongst institutional investors, and it's my firm belief that plans have been laid and are well advanced.

So is it right to be asked to be patient for a few more years? Will the plan work?

Last edited:
Jam tomorrow under Scholar Sugar and now ENIC. Let's see if it "really is 2-3 years". To quote Lennon (John not Aaron) "Life is what happens when your busy making plans"

No point having the great job, multi-million pound house, swimming pool, kids in private school and an expensive car but can't afford to buy your round at the pub on a Friday evening.

I can honestly say that I have no clue how long it will take for things like zero net spending and salary constraints to change. What I do know is that until they do, we will have to continue punching above our weight on the football side. Even when they do, we'll still have to punch above our weight as £150-200m incremental revenue doesn't move us too far up the ladder.

You have to believe in the vision though. I do.

Closing the gap to who of the 6 ? Closing is also clever wording because it's not catching them up. City, Utd and Pool are probably uncatchable spending wise. Possibly the arse too . Chavs I'm not sure. The quality in depth of these teams will make it difficult even when we close the gap.

My main concern is how many of our top players will wait a few years.

The saying "Strike while the irons hot" comes to mind, and I think we will rue not taking the chance when we could have.

Having more money may not spell more success...you have to have the players first, and for a period of time we did/do.

Hope we figure it out.

My main concern is how many of our top players will wait a few years.

The saying "Strike while the irons hot" comes to mind, and I think we will rue not taking the chance when we could have.

Having more money may not spell more success...you have to have the players first, and for a period of time we did/do.

Hope we figure it out.

The word is "did" not "do" in my humble opinion. A couple of years back we looked like the team. Unfortunately City have taken things to a new level.

In my opinion, we need to get the most out of the guys this season and be looking to start some re-building next summer. I have a feeling that a few contract statuses and players wishes will be the forcing function for change at WHL anyway. We've only really lost Walker in this first 5 years of Poch's reign.

I can see us looking drastically different in 2 years time. Let's hope a few of the main men stay though.

We do need to recruit because this teams is on the down even last night the flaws were evident. By the way Llorente don't even look like a footballer any more (sort of an aging good looking surfer. Think Patrick Swayze in Pointbreak). I've had lots of fun with his name but the Slovakian Lubotka at Vigo we need to do that deal in Jan. He's going to be a good player.