If we go down... | Vital Football

If we go down...

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
Will we be in a good position to come back up?

I think so. As long as Wilder stays and we don't appoint some washed up alcoholic.

Ramsdale
Basham Egan O'Connell*
Bogle Norwood** Fleck*** Lowe
Freeman****
Burke McBurnie

* Or, for example, Jake Cooper
** Or Ben Pearson
*** Or Osborn
**** Or John Swift

Subs from: GKs, Rodwell, Robinson, Stevens, Osborn, McGoldrick, Sharp, + any new signings

Sold: Baldock, Berge, Mousset, Brewster - £60m

That's the least I'd expect us to be able to manage for the starting 11.

Stronger than we were as an attacking force last time and enough players who weren't involved then to keep us fresh and motivated. Although the absence of fans would continue to damage us.

Hopefully it won't come to this but I think we'd have a very strong chance of bouncing back.

We have played 4 games.
If we beat Fulham we will be mid table.
I love you to bits Herbie but can we please save the going down thing till at least after the 16th game as my thread January references. Now really is the time to be positive, upbeat and support our Gaffer and the lads.
If you want to wallow in sh*t, spend a day in Page Hall.
That really is the end of days. as soon as f*ck*ng possible!

When we go down we're never in a good position to go back up.

I use Bournemouth as an example

Parachute payments.

Wilson, Fraser, Ramsdsle, Ake, Arter, Ibe and Defoe all gone.

There's about £150 million + brought in and they still have King, Brooks, Mepham, Billing, Lerma, Stanislas, Solanke, Danjuma,

We'd get about £15 million of the £22 million paid for Berge

The rest would be sold even cheaper if they could command a fee

And those that couldn't we'd be stuck with

All the enforced changes might give us a new mix of players even formation. 34 games to go. I'm concerned, but theres a long way to go before we write it all off...

I'm frustrated rather than concerned at the moment. Unlike some other teams in the division, we haven't been battered and have been in all of the games. If you believe in the theory of parallel universes then somewhere there's a version of the Blades who have played the exact same way (i.e. below their best), but sit comfortably in mid-table by virtue of not having been screwed over by poor refs in three successive matches.

Is we are relegated Egan, O‘Connell, Fleck, Mousett and Berge, will all leave and need replacing, Sharp will be 36, Mcgoldrick will be injured for 50% of the season.

If Brewster is a success.. ie. Scores more than 10, he too will probably be sold.

Banking on parachute money? Don’t, we have a huge loan to pay back which bought the assets off McCabe thats where that will go.

I am not convinced fans will be back in grounds before 2022 either so no gate money.

McBurnie will be back at his natural level is the only plus I see.

Calm yer tits, calm yer tits...

I didn't say we'll go down. I don't think we'll go down. But I do think we'll struggle, after an underwhelming transfer window. And if we do drop, it's worth thinking about what state we'd be in.

I don't think Egan would go, although it's obviously possible. He's over rated by our fans.

O'Connell might go, but I'd fancy him to stay after this injury lay off. Especially if the market is still not back to normal (one where Brooks stays in the Championship is far from normal).

Fleck could leave, but it would depend on his season. And the amount wages would drop.

We'd be more in our element recruitment wise. The types of signings that are fuck ups at this level, won't be in the Championship.

It would be fascinating to see what Wilder would do with a top Championship budget.

And let's be honest.... a successful season in the Championship is far more enjoyable than this garbage we're going through now.

Have another look where we are at Xmas,we will have a very good idea which direction we are headed in by then.

In our current form there are some frightening games coming up that even the bladiest of blades would have difficulty explaining how you get a result from.

Over on S2 i predicted the next five results (Prem)after we lost to Wolves, Villa (A) lose 2-1 Leeds (H) lose 2-0 Arsenal (A) lose 3-0 Fulham (H) win 1-0 Liverpool (A) lose 4-0 ...........scores were off but results were reyt,two left to go finger crossed i am wrong with one of em.

Is we are relegated Egan, O‘Connell, Fleck, Mousett and Berge, will all leave and need replacing, Sharp will be 36, Mcgoldrick will be injured for 50% of the season.

If Brewster is a success.. ie. Scores more than 10, he too will probably be sold.

Banking on parachute money? Don’t, we have a huge loan to pay back which bought the assets off McCabe thats where that will go.

I am not convinced fans will be back in grounds before 2022 either so no gate money.

McBurnie will be back at his natural level is the only plus I see.

And after all that, I'm still a supporter and will cheer on my team (hopefully).

If Fleck and Berge play well we won't go down and if they don't and the big IF we do go down no one in the Prem will want them. Let's all look on the bright side.especially after last season.

Will we be in a good position to come back up?

I think so. As long as Wilder stays and we don't appoint some washed up alcoholic.

Ramsdale
Basham Egan O'Connell*
Bogle Norwood** Fleck*** Lowe
Freeman****
Burke McBurnie

* Or, for example, Jake Cooper
** Or Ben Pearson
*** Or Osborn
**** Or John Swift

Subs from: GKs, Rodwell, Robinson, Stevens, Osborn, McGoldrick, Sharp, + any new signings

Sold: Baldock, Berge, Mousset, Brewster - £60m

That's the least I'd expect us to be able to manage for the starting 11.

Stronger than we were as an attacking force last time and enough players who weren't involved then to keep us fresh and motivated. Although the absence of fans would continue to damage us.

Hopefully it won't come to this but I think we'd have a very strong chance of bouncing back.
What do you mean "If"?