If we go down... | Page 3 | Vital Football

If we go down...

Without JOC we need to go to a back four and play Amps just in front.

Fully understanding the logic there Chips but I fear without our unique style we would be equally poor as pretty much every other team in the league has better pound for pound players in 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or any other "conventional" set up. Who'd be a manager!!!

Without JOC we need to go to a back four and play Amps just in front.

I think I agree with this.

Our commitment to the current system is a problem.

4 bodies in midfield might help us get further up the pitch.

Stevens would go back in at LB.

We barely have 2 CBs to make a good partnership though. Bash and Egan is a bit off.

Ramsdale
Baldock Bash Egan Stevens
Ampadu Osborn
Berge Fleck
Burke McBurnie

Something along those lines. But this doesn't half show up the mess made of squad building and the lack of variation.

We need an outstanding January, or else. But that will be very difficult.

I think a lot of our problems still lie with the fact we got conditioning completely wrong during lock down. The players were over trained and have looked knackered after an hour ever since. We don't press anymore, we're slow to the second ball. The much shorter period between the seasons hasn't helped with less rest time.

All aspects of our play are slow and languid. Yesterday we started with a bit of a zip and it petered out after 10 minutes. First half we competed well and there was nothing between the teams. Second half the same old story. Opposition press a bit further up the pitch we look clueless in how to deal with this and have nothing left in the tank after 55 minutes.

CW is the right man for the job but he has to accept that simply doing the same things week in week out on and off the pitch that are failing isn't helping the players. The obsession in keeping with a 3-5-1-1 formation that relies on an overlapping LCB that we don't have is costing us points because we are creating little and without JOC are considerably weaker at the back. He has to look inward not just at himself but his coaching and fitness teams. The senior players have a role to play but it doesn't help when the only real goal poacher at the club is not even on the bench when we are at Home in a must win match.

The Prince tweeted support for CW last week so he's going nowhere for the time being. CW has to show he's open to change, if the owner, the fans, players and staff see attempts to arrest the slide then we'll all get behind him. Whilst he continues in this stubborn vein of saying what we did in the past has worked well and listens to the likes of Moyes that there's not much wrong with the team when his average set of plodders have just won at the Lane for the first time since 1968 he will continue to flounder.

We all want him to get out of this he's earnt the chance to do and it would be his greatest achievement if he kept us up this season. We have to hope that he really does have a plan B.
I can’t argue with that mate. What confuses me though is why we run out of steam and ideas so soon. There are more teams than ever in the top tier playing the pressing game, some even seem to be copying our style of play and they’ve all had the same preseason and rest periods that we have. For years now we’ve been regarded as one of the fittest teams in the league so what’s changed?

We do need a plan B for sure but I also suspect that a lot our performance levels are to do with overall player moral and confidence. We all know how that can sap strength whereas that winning feeling can supecharge teams like it did with us. We need a win and we need a clean sheet, that’s the immediate simple answer. I think that our players are currently expecting to concede and expecting not to score.

If we do manage to scape even a scrappy 1-0 win fairly soon playing whatever style and formation, what happens immediately after that will tell us everything. If we can go on an unbeaten run vent if it’s just 2 or 3 games it‘ll give us some grounds for more optimism. Like you say if Wilder pulls this one off it’ll be his greatest achievement.

Fully understanding the logic there Chips but I fear without our unique style we would be equally poor as pretty much every other team in the league has better pound for pound players in 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or any other "conventional" set up. Who'd be a manager!!!
We haven't got out unique style and can't get it back without JOC SBT.
Throw a six to start....

We haven't got out unique style and can't get it back without JOC SBT.
Throw a six to start....

And the fault there lies with the manager Chips. Everyone and his/her dog pointed out we needed to replace him when ruled out for the season. By not doing so and playing Enda (disastrously) at LCB removed every element of attack down that flank and that destroyed the system as the opposition could ignore that flank.
and stifle anything else with ease.

I wonder, will replacing JOC even be enough?

We're fucking horrendous at LWB as well now.

Osborn seems our best option to me, but he was overlooked yesterday for some reason.

I wonder, will replacing JOC even be enough?

We're fucking horrendous at LWB as well now.

Osborn seems our best option to me, but he was overlooked yesterday for some reason.

I reckon Enda would be fine again at lwb if he had confidence in the lcb behind him.

the problem lies with the woeful finishing .can anyone work out how many points we would have from scoring one more goal in each game weve played. 12 points just done it. we,d be in 13th. scoring is our problem,we,ve created chances and missed em,its killing us

How about this possibility? That front 3 could be incredible.

That team would look about spot on to me.

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Cooper/Davies
Baldock Pearson Fleck Osborn
Burke Brewster McBurnie

How about this possibility? That front 3 could be incredible.

That team would look about spot on to me.

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Cooper/Davies
Baldock Pearson Fleck Osborn
Burke Brewster McBurnie
What about Bogle, Herby? Have you not been impressed with him since he got his chance in the side? Very good competition for George&Jayden whoever plays i think UTMPB

Bogle would be a real luxury as a non starter in the Championship.

But if Baldock stays, and I now think he will, then Bogle will usually be on the bench.

Although as I've said, we really shouldn't rule out playing him at LWB. He has the technical flexibility.

We also have left footed LCB and LCMs who could overlap him.

Bogle would be a real luxury as a non starter in the Championship.

But if Baldock stays, and I now think he will, then Bogle will usually be on the bench.

Although as I've said, we really shouldn't rule out playing him at LWB. He has the technical flexibility.

We also have left footed LCB and LCMs who could overlap him.
Interestinb you saying Bogle could play LWB,and he does seem decent with his left foot.UTMPB

West Brom come from behind to take all 3 points at Wolverhampton
not a great result for us

West Brom come from behind to take all 3 points at Wolverhampton
not a great result for us

Its ok with me - we need to win our matches, and the more teams that are dragged into the fight the better.

Also hate Wolves - just a team of expensive Portuguese players funded by their dodgy owners

Its ok with me - we need to win our matches, and the more teams that are dragged into the fight the better.

Also hate Wolves - just a team of expensive Portuguese players funded by their dodgy owners
I definitely wanted Wolves to win Aya. It’d have been a massive incentive knowing that if we beat your hubby’s lot it would take us us off bottom for the first time in months. What a lift that would be.

Wolves are absolutely shocking at the moment, I’d normally I be expecting us to play them around now after meeting them in the first game of the season but for some reason it not till April. Typical that, I know Newcastle are the obvious recent exception but we do seem to have played more than our share of teams as they’ve hit a bit of form this season, let’s hope the Spuds are the other exception.

Last edited: